Need to branch out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jane Doe

Account closed on request
Apr 22, 2012
I've been using e-cigs for years. Started with scammy green smoke kit 2+ years ago, moved on to no name cig style batteries and refilling used-pre-filled cartos with nasty e-liquid from a local "store" {more like 2 sofas and some dudes playing video games with a rack of e-liquid, some display cases and massage oil} and now, for the last year, I've settled into a ProVari mini, 510 cartos from the ProVari website and Highbrow Vapor.
I've had a hard time understanding the advice in this forum (although you brought me to provari, so thanks!) because I can't comprehend a lot of the lingo and acronyms or even begin any of the diy/mod stuff. I've also given things like the clear tank a chance, but it spilled everywhere, so I quickly tossed it in the back of the drawer.
Here're my questions/issues:

1. My cartomizer is constantly leaking and I have to wipe where it screws in constantly. Should I be using a different brand or component? Something all together different? I still don't completely understand the difference between an atomizer and a blank carto...

2. Is there better e-liquid than highbrow? I've ordered from a couple of random different suppliers and the results were all pretty gross. (The e-liquid that is sold through the ProVari site is nasssty.) I'm happy with Highbrow, just bored after a year of the flavors.

Thank you. Year smoky free, yaaaaay.

StevesCVO

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2013
Clown School

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
Congratulations on your free year! I'm still getting there, and what a ride.

And welcome to ECF.

Are you overfilling the carto? That's one cause of leaking.

Not sure which or what you mean by clear tank, there are several styles. I guess a lot of the early CE4s leaked. I use:

CE5 / Stardust replaceable coil clearomizers, and have pretty good luck with them.

LR (low resistance) cartos, which work well if you learn to fill them properly :)

Vivi Nanos, about the size of a carto, but clear and easier to fill. Like cartos, not rebuildable, but certainly refillable many times before needing replacement.

Carto tanks, which are also generally clear, have a carto inside, and keep the carto wet with the juice that fills the tank. And usually hold a LOT of juice.

Regarding juice, well, taste is all over the place, and there's no way I can tell you what you like. "Better" depends on our personal taste. I get most of my juice from Gourmet Vapor. They must have a couple hundred blends of all sorts. I'm sure you'll get a lot of other references on that!

chimsweep

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 2, 2013
Hardwick, Ma
I have your answer......well not exactly me.....but I know where your answer is.......Baditude....find him and his blogs...you will see the light!!! Good luck on you journey......and just an observation....those scammy green ecigs did their job.....they got you down your path to here.:D PS don't worry about the not understanding thing.....you will....you will......just another step in your wonderful path. :toast:

Jane Doe

Account closed on request
Apr 22, 2012

jaamzhow

Jan 12, 2013
long island, ny
I am a Kanger T3 fan, and now with the protank, I think you'll like this. It works great, easy to fill, and looks good.
photo.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread