Need Your Brain Power (because I have none)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Creniker

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2011
Salt Lake
Need some help if at all possible. I am building a 3.7v 1xAA box mod. I want to use the micro switch that madvapes sells, and maybe also a bi color led. Heres a link to what I am talking about. 1-AA Touch Modbox

I just want to supplement the touch switch with the micro switch I ordered. Does the wiring have to be any different? Any tips on how to get this to work correctly?

AttyPops

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2010
Hc Svnt Dracones - USA EST
You didn't mention if you are using the FET too... I would assume so.

A 3.0 amp button switch would be wired between the positive side of the battery and the positive (center post) of the atty connector. Ground of battery through the master switch (suggested) and the atty shell. LED would require a resistor and be wired to the atty side of the button and ground. Since bi color, it could also be wired into the plus/ground of battery, inside of the master switch.

The power MOSFET is a switch activated by a smaller switch; the problem is that you need a 3.0 amp switch for e-cigs. The link you posted used a touch switch AND a power FET... this is done so you don't need to direct all power through the switch (your finger as a conductor in that case). It is done with micro switches too. A micro switch will fry in very short order if asked to endure the entire current of an e-cig. OTOH, A 3.0 amp button may not fit in 1xAA. Depends on what you can find. A micro switch and a FET are a good combination. Just plan on 3.0 amps for the FET.

Good Luck!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread