Needing a stand by or 2nd mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

93gc40

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2014
California
I"d get the charger, even thogh a second mod would be cheaper. Mainly because I don't like using the ONBOARD charger as the main charging unit. Reason, see: hover boards... Something bad happens during recharge, you wont also loose the mod. I would treat the on-board as a backup charger. For when the stand alone charger is NOT available. I would also invest in at least 1 preferable 2 more sets of batteries.

KenD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
kennetgranholm.com
As 93 said, get an external charger - a good or "good enough" one (Nitecore i4, Xtar vc4 etc) - and a second set of batteries. I'm not too worried that the mod would fail due to usb charging, but it's always better to charge externally. If the batteries fail when charging they won't take the mod with them. Also, usb ports can be fragile and you really don't wanna mess up the port on an updateable mod.

Sent from my M7_PLUS using Tapatalk

Reactions: thetrucker

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
I have mods with replaceable 18650 batts as well as USB charged mods. I agree that everyone needs at least 2 sets of batts for their mod and one that charges through USB. It's just easy to grab a mod that can charge through the USB port in a vehicle when you are going to be out all day.

I tend to use the replaceable battery mods around the house and take the smaller USB mods when I go out. A 4 bay charger is a necessity for replaceable battery mods. My favorite is the Efest LUC 4. My Second choice is the Nitecore i4 or D4. Xtar is a popular choice, but I've never owned one.

Innokin Cool Fire 4 is a good choice. The Innokin MVP Pro 3.0 60W is on sale at many vendors now. I leave my Smok Koopor Plus 200W at home and grab one of those for a day out of the house. The MVP Pro with its 4500mah batt will last all day and far into the next afternoon on a charge at 10W and it charges on USB. Do the math for higher watt vaping.

LevineDelta

May 8, 2015
I have the RX200 too and what i've learned from first hand experience is with the on-board charging your batteries don't charge evenly.

A lot of people don't seem to know this but if you turn off the device and then hold all 3 buttons for 5 seconds you'll see the volts i believe for all 3 of your batteries, and when i would use the on-board charging method for my device, the middle battery was always less then the others.

I didn't have the above problem when i charged the batteries with a dedicated charger, which is my NiteCore D4 2015 edition.

My suggestion is to buy a good dedicated charger like the NiteCore D4 for $25 on eBay or $32 on Amazon and get yourself a second set of good batteries (I suggest the NiteCore because it also has over charge protection, so I leave the batteries on there until my Rx200 is dead then i switch them, which happens every 2 days)

If you're stuck on the idea to buy a secondary device and you're short on $$, i'd suggest the IPVD2 or D3, it'll easily last you 8 hours while your Rx200 is charging and its a single 18650 mod with max 75 Watts but it does Ni, Ti Temp Control modes which is fine for most tanks and/or RDAs and the on-board charger for the IPVD2 actually works very well (maybe because its a single 18650?)

Reactions: EthanThorn

KenD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
kennetgranholm.com
I have the RX200 too and what i've learned from first hand experience is with the on-board charging your batteries don't charge evenly.

A lot of people don't seem to know this but if you turn off the device and then hold all 3 buttons for 5 seconds you'll see the volts i believe for all 3 of your batteries, and when i would use the on-board charging method for my device, the middle battery was always less then the others.

I didn't have the above problem when i charged the batteries with a dedicated charger, which is my NiteCore D4 2015 edition.

My suggestion is to buy a good dedicated charger like the NiteCore D4 for $25 on eBay or $32 on Amazon and get yourself a second set of good batteries (I suggest the NiteCore because it also has over charge protection, so I leave the batteries on there until my Rx200 is dead then i switch them, which happens every 2 days)

If you're stuck on the idea to buy a secondary device and you're short on $$, i'd suggest the IPVD2 or D3, it'll easily last you 8 hours while your Rx200 is charging and its a single 18650 mod with max 75 Watts but it does Ni, Ti Temp Control modes which is fine for most tanks and/or RDAs and the on-board charger for the IPVD2 actually works very well (maybe because its a single 18650?)
The battery readings the rx200 are far from accurate though. When checking the readings I generally get up to a .1 difference, but when checking with a multimeter or my Opus bt-c3100 the difference is .01 maximum.

Sent from my M7_PLUS using Tapatalk

Reactions: LevineDelta

EthanThorn

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 5, 2015
El Dorado KS
Not really happy with the IPV 4 since spring is starting and as it gets warmer i like to take walks and well a RX200 is not really a lets go for a walk mod so the tanks running will be a herakles plus a cleito or a griffin what would be a good lets go for a walk mod that will run them

LevineDelta

May 8, 2015
Without a doubt i'm going to suggest the IPVD2 (75 Watts + TC) or IPVD3 (80 Watts + TC) they're more then enough for those tanks and they're single 18650's but they have a good 3+ hours of chain vaping life at max wattage, and they do TC in Titanium and Nickel.
  1. Price is cheap
  2. Pocket Friendly
  3. Quality Made Devices (Dropped on solid tile multiple times and still going strong)
  4. Does TC and Wattage very well
I would suggest the new IPVD3 over the D2 only because i hear it has upgradable firmware unlike the D2 and its a little more accurate. I have the IPVD2 and its the first version which is the more inaccurate one but i still love it, i run my Herakles Plus and my Uwell Crown tanks on them and my 3 hour commute to work leaves me with still an additional hour before i need to really throw it back on the charger or like me just bring 1 extra battery with you and you got an all day setup (unless you work in a vape shop and really spend 10+ hours a day vaping). lol

Tol

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2011
NY
Not really happy with the IPV 4 since spring is starting and as it gets warmer i like to take walks and well a RX200 is not really a lets go for a walk mod so the tanks running will be a herakles plus a cleito or a griffin what would be a good lets go for a walk mod that will run them

How about a 2nd RX200? :)

Tol

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2011
NY
I would go for a IPV D3 personally for a smaller walk around mod if weight/size is more of a concern. The eVic VTC mini is another thought, quite a lot of people love them. I had a bad experience with mine, so won't be buying another one, but I know lots of folks that swear by them. I have a D2 and love it, the D3 is just a better version of it.

LevineDelta

May 8, 2015
I would go for a IPV D3 personally for a smaller walk around mod if weight/size is more of a concern. The eVic VTC mini is another thought, quite a lot of people love them. I had a bad experience with mine, so won't be buying another one, but I know lots of folks that swear by them. I have a D2 and love it, the D3 is just a better version of it.
my exact thoughts!

LevineDelta

May 8, 2015
Get a second mod, then a third then a fourth, good god when does it stop
It doesn't, thats why its called a Hobby :)

Some people are satisfied with getting 1 mod until it becomes useless or breaks, but like me some like to collect the newest and greatest, its no different then a stamp collector, coin collector, or collecting rare wines.

Also, when i see a friend smoking, i give them one of my mods and set them up for free to get them off smoking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread