Nemesis Beauty Ring / Accent Ring Getting Hot

Status
Not open for further replies.

wolfparty

Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
Bay Area, CA
I recently picked up the Nemesis extended positive post from Vaperev to run the beauty ring on my hcigar clone. However, whenever I fire the mod, the ring instantly gets hot. I tried rubbing down the threads with alcohol to clean them off but still no luck. I also tried running it on the stock post with the negative one unscrewed a bit and am still getting the hot spot, so I'm pretty sure it has something to do with the ring.

Any ideas would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

Dzaw

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 27, 2012
New Hampshire
Are you running a kick in it?

I find that if I don't have things arranged JUST SO my kick is getting HOT. Hot enough to heat up the top part of my battery. It's a smoketech kick clone, and only seems to be happening when I have a relatively new battery in, but the kick has to be making PERFECTLY flat contact, which is hard to do, b/c it doesn't like to sit flat when the battery pushes on it.

I've learned that if I want to adjust anything, I need to dissassemble the whole mod so that I can make my adjustment, then put the mod back together just so. If I baby it just right, I don't get a hot kick.

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
Test Bottom of mod to top cap with and without the Ring, using a good Multimeter.

I can almost guaranty you have a Resistance issue. Ring threads not cleanly contacting Mod threads.

Cheap possible fix - Dremel tool with brass wire brush attachment. Clean threads inside ring and on Mod.

What atomizer coil, Wire ga. Resistance are you running?
What type Battery are you running?
Kicked?

Last edited:

wolfparty

Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
Bay Area, CA
Resurrecting this thread back from the dead. I've been caught up with work over the last few weeks and haven't had time to be on the forums.

I am not running a kick in it, so I can rule that one out.

I am running 26 gauge dual microcoils measuring out to 0.3ohms on an Origen dripper and have it set up as show in the picture below. I haven't compared the resistance of the mod with & without the kick yet, but will do so as soon as I get a chance to.

I've cleaned the threads with a dremel using a nylon brush attachment. Is that abrasive enough to get rid of any potential burrs?

photo(1).jpg

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
Resurrecting this thread back from the dead. I've been caught up with work over the last few weeks and haven't had time to be on the forums.

I am not running a kick in it, so I can rule that one out.

I am running 26 gauge dual microcoils measuring out to 0.3ohms on an Origen dripper and have it set up as show in the picture below. I haven't compared the resistance of the mod with & without the kick yet, but will do so as soon as I get a chance to.

I've cleaned the threads with a dremel using a nylon brush attachment. Is that abrasive enough to get rid of any potential burrs?

View attachment 309892

Nylon, No. Nylon is good for flipping dirt out of crevices.
Need a Brass Wheel to protect but remove all but the most stubborn.

Still a bit Baffled............ Unless this is from Heat being driven out through the body(think Heat Sink) and the thinner ring will heat faster than the surrounding thicker metals. It can also cool faster.

*Note - Without Kick module, Ring is normally not used.

Last edited:

DivaB

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 27, 2010
Ohio
My kick is also getting hot.......mostly when chain vaping. I'm guessing that it's not a problem while chain vaping? I've check for burs, everything is real smooth. Kick fits in knock of Nemesis kick ring perfectly, there is no play, side spring has good connection and all else appears to be connecting correctly. There is no room for it to wiggle or move when I push on the battery.

Air holes on bottom of Nemesis are not covered. The two air holes on top piece I have at one opening. There are no air holes in the kick tube. Should there be?

I rebuild my own Vivi Nova Tanks, it read 2.1 ohms

Battery being used is 18650 3.7 protected TrustFire 3000mah red and black, no scratches. Kick is sat at 5 (I think it's 5, I'd have to find the darn magnifying glass again to make sure though ;))

Oh yea; sorry gang, financially challenged here, so the kick is an $8 knock off too. Other than the kick tube getting hot, I love it. I just want to make sure there isn't something else for me to be doing. I sure don't want anything exploding or taking down a plane, bus, train, neighbor, or myself.

B1sh0p

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2013
Chicago
It might be that you're running too hot on the Origen. I have the Storm, which is similar, and the positive post generates a lot of heat. I think the insulation might be thin. It makes the top of my mod pretty warm, but not hot. I started running it .8 and up and this helped. I don't like going super low with that style RDA anyway. The small chamber creates enough heat on its own. That's what it's designed like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread