The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Nemesis clone help

Discussion in 'New Members Forum' started by Justjames75, Nov 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Justjames75

Justjames75 Senior Member

Jun 12, 2014
    Chattanooga, Tn
    Haven't posted in quite a while folks, mainly cause things were going well..
    picked up a bunch of Aero tanks on sale locally and was using them on my ELVT. Pretty happy guy.
    As it tends to happen, watching videos and such, I got the itch to rebuild.
    Got online a month ago and ordered 2 clone rda's and a clone mod. Wire, ohms reader, tools. It was christmas in September!!!
    During the wait for my goodies to arrive I became impatient and purchased a Stainless Nemesis clone and a Russian 91%. Didn't get to try them out before I bought them (used). Everything looked good, paid what I thought was a fair price.
    My tools and clones arrived and I finally started building.
    The clone mod I ordered was the black and Silver Nemesis with the one piece body. (The stainless has upper and lower tubes). The atty's are the Igo M in stainless and a black Patriot, both clones as well.
    For what I need it's good gear, not the best, but I'm again...happy
    My concern is no matter which rda I stick on top of the stainless Nemesis, not matter what build .5 and higher it gets hot. I have cleaned all the threads, chased the vent holes to check for blockages. Nothing helps. Is it normal for stainless to get hotter than other type tube mods? I don't sit here and blaze away on it every 30 seconds. I can use my black single tube twice as hard and it never breaks a sweat.
    I apologize for the lengthy post and if said post is in the wrong spot, I again apologize, like I said it's been a while and just need help sorting this out. Thanks

2. edyle

edyle ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

I think you're saying you have
    - a black and silver 1-piece nemesis, and
    - a stainless 2-piece nemesis

and the 2-piece gets hot while the 1-piece does not.

Is that it?

3. Justjames75

Jun 12, 2014
    Chattanooga, Tn
    Yes. That would be the case

4. edyle

Well I guess the 2piece one has some losses somewhere; either in the threads or the switch.

5. Justjames75

Jun 12, 2014
    Chattanooga, Tn
    Any suggestions or just toss it? I don't use it because it gets hot.

6. Ryedan

Ryedan ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 31, 2012
    Ontario, Canada
    No, it's not normal. edyle is right, you have high resistance between two contact surfaces somewhere in the mod. Where is it getting hot first? It's going to be either the switch area, where the 2 tubes are screwed together or at the 510 end.

7. Justjames75

Jun 12, 2014
    Chattanooga, Tn
    It starts at the switch and goes up. I have disassembled the switch and cleaned the surfaces.. I can't find any defects or damaged parts. No sticky button, nothing.

8. Rachel Gao
    This message by Rachel Gao has been removed from public view. Deleted by a moderator, Nov 4, 2014, Reason: Unregistered Supplier.
    Nov 4, 2014
  9. edyle

Well you have two nemesis; so just swap around the two switches and see if the problem follows the switch.

Don't toss "it"; there is no it; think of it as a bunch of interchangeable parts.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.