nemesis stopped working...

Status
Not open for further replies.

johentie

ECF Veteran
Jan 15, 2014
Toronto
so i was walking along the street and my battery ran out.. so while i was switching it i took of my aerotank (thank goodness) and unscrewed the stealth ring where the airholes are..(Nemesis stealth upper part by Atmomixani)

and what do you know i drop it... it's just scratched a little but my battery fell out too ripped the plastic coating..

so i switch my battery put it back together and it's not working anymore...

that stealth piece doesn't look like nothing but a metal circle with the contact screw... did something fall out? did it break something inside it?

; <

johentie

ECF Veteran
Jan 15, 2014
Toronto
bahh... after an hour take it apart putting it back together.. taking out my kick 2 and putting it back in..

i decided to put my battery in my Smoktech SID and it worked... so not the battery...

i took m nemesis apart piece by piece, ring by ring... and put it back together with my magnetic switch upgrade...

and it;s alive... whatever it was ... it's working now..

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
bahh... after an hour take it apart putting it back together.. taking out my kick 2 and putting it back in..

i decided to put my battery in my Smoktech SID and it worked... so not the battery...

i took m nemesis apart piece by piece, ring by ring... and put it back together with my magnetic switch upgrade...

and it;s alive... whatever it was ... it's working now..

Hope you cleaned the parts when you had it apart. If you did, that might be why it's working now, or maybe just unscrewing it all and putting it back together again cleaned the contact surfaces.

This is assuming you had the 510 screw tight onto the atty the first time.

johentie

ECF Veteran
Jan 15, 2014
Toronto
Hope you cleaned the parts when you had it apart. If you did, that might be why it's working now, or maybe just unscrewing it all and putting it back together again cleaned the contact surfaces.

This is assuming you had the 510 screw tight onto the atty the first time.

yah i cleaned it all make sure no dirt or anything was on it.. threw away the battery that dropped too just in case cause the plastic coating ripped to expose the metal.

the funny thing is.. i played around with it more lastnight and i figured that it works BETTER with the contact screw slightly less tight to the atty.. when i tighten it a lot it doesn't work... might be that it's not making contact with the Kick2 but taking off the beauty ring makes the switch come out WAY too much.

No clue how to use a multimeter?:blink:
i don't have one?? and how would that have helped? u mean to check the battery?

jpcwon

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2014
North Easton, MA
i don't have one?? and how would that have helped? u mean to check the battery?

It would've helped because you could've checked continuity throughout the mod, and figured out where the open circuit was....

To be quite honest, having a multimieter is invaluable if you're going to be using a mechanical device with any sort of regularity.......

johentie

ECF Veteran
Jan 15, 2014
Toronto
It would've helped because you could've checked continuity throughout the mod, and figured out where the open circuit was....

To be quite honest, having a multimieter is invaluable if you're going to be using a mechanical device with any sort of regularity.......

makes sense... i'll invest in one ; >

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
the funny thing is.. i played around with it more last night and i figured that it works BETTER with the contact screw slightly less tight to the atty.. when i tighten it a lot it doesn't work... might be that it's not making contact with the Kick2 but taking off the beauty ring makes the switch come out WAY too much.

Here's how to tell if you're out of switch button throw. Screw in the switch until it snugs down on the battery. Then hit the button and look for clearance between the button and the lock ring. If the mod fires before the clearance to the lock ring is taken up you're good.

If the button gets too close to the lock ring you could take the switch apart and shim under the positive contact screw head to raise it a bit. When you take the switch apart be careful not to loose the little pin that fits between the button and the bearing it rides in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread