Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Button doesnt get hot just the top ring where the atty connects. Possible my ohms are a little too low? Im using 18650 sonys and the button doesnt get hot but the atty gets hot after a few rips and the top ring as well. Suggestions?

Hot after a few rips?! IMO there's a problem there. I also have a Trident clone on mine, running around 0.5 ohms right now and neither it nor the Nemesis even get warm after a few hits. Dual coils using the dual air holes.

I would look for dirty contact surfaces in the 510 area and the the atty and check the 510 screw in the Nemesis for good contact to the atty. If it's none of those, the only other thing I can think of is make sure you've screwed the switch assembly onto the bottom tube far enough.

That's all I've got.

Also wondering what the atty is.

Completely Average

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2014
Suburbs of Dallas
Ohms?
Atty?
Center pin material?

It's a Nemesis, so the center pin should be silver plated brass.

The fact that the atty is heating up tells me it's probably not a short, it's just getting hot. Not entirely unheard of in dual coil builds if the coil is close to the edges of the atty. My Trident does the same thing if I'm building large coils that end up close to the edges.

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
It's a Nemesis, so the center pin should be silver plated brass.

The fact that the atty is heating up tells me it's probably not a short, it's just getting hot. Not entirely unheard of in dual coil builds if the coil is close to the edges of the atty. My Trident does the same thing if I'm building large coils that end up close to the edges.

Ummm.... I was asking about the atty. I have 6 Nemesis and am aware the pins are silver plated.
Yes it may simply be heating up..........Don't know without full information.
Could be poor conductivity to the coil if the atty center pin is Plated/rough/Bent/making Poor contact.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread