Never used tubes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Solaire

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 11, 2017
Hello guy's , I was just wondering how many of us have spent good money on a nice mech with every intention of gearing it up and vaping the heck out of it.
Well I got to thinking about my mods and came to the conclusion that I have a couple of pieces that I Never use, example my Authentic Chi-you Megan, and a brass Turtleship v3 which may have been used ,meh ! once or twice.
I darn sure didn't buy them to just look at cos they are tucked away in a very nice Cigar box.
What about ya'll ?.
Got any tuck-away's you never use or even see ?.
just curious .

Reactions: stols001

bwh79

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2014
Oregon
I've used all of them at least once (except a pinless/"hybrid-top" one that I won, which I sold without ever using) but for now, all of my mechs are put away. Every so once in a while I'll get one out, set it up and use it for a while, but soon enough I always go back to my regulateds. I just can't seem to get a consistently good vape out of them, and since I don't have to learn, I guess I don't. Whatever I do, it always seems to be either too "rowdy" or too "anemic." There is no "sweet spot" (well, I'm sure there is, I just haven't nailed it yet.)

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I've gone through different phases over the last several years.

• I started out using mechanicals with cartotanks.
  • Switched to using a regulated variable voltage Provari with cartotanks.
  • Began experimenting with rebuildable Genesis-style RTA with mixed results.
  • Began using a Kayfun Lite Plus RTA with pretty good results on both the Provari and mech.
  • Began using sub-ohm coils on a 3-battery high-wattage regulated mod with both a RDA and Crown clearomizer tank. Retired the mechs.
  • Began using a dual-battery high wattage regulated mod with the Crown.
  • Currently using a DNA single battery regulated mod with the Crown. I like the smaller, pocket-friendly devices best.
  • Over the years I gradually advanced from a MTL to a DTL inhale style.
  • I haven't used my mechs in a couple of years and doubt that I'll go back to using them, because I like being able to adjust my vape "on the fly", and you can't do that easily on a mech.

Last edited:

sonicbomb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2015
1187 Hundertwasser
Authentic Tahiti Evo.
Lovely looking beast but is heavy, unwealdy and has a hair trigger, so never gets used.

do77vw8.jpg

BreSha6869

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2015
Toronto, Canada
I bought an authentic polished copper Nemesis when my local was blowing out their mechs. It was around $50-60USD.

I have 2 other Nemesis mechs and bought this one for a rainy day as it was so cheap... bought it about 18 months ago and it hasn’t ever been used. Plus polished copper is pretty rare in a Nemmy.

I have over a dozen other great authentic mechs including GP, HoH and Gus (and tons of clones) and I haven’t touched any of them in over a year. I won’t sell them as I will go back to them when I am bored with my Crowns/Beasts and run out of my stash of drop in coils. :)

Oh, I have a GP that I have never used either. It was about $30 on final blowout and I had to have it. :rolleyes:

Solaire

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 11, 2017
I'm not sure I can justify having a mod in a box not getting used, I may have to re-evaluate this situation and maybe move on down to the classies.
You never know I may use the funds to buy something else to put back in it's box and forget about,,
man i'm hopeless.
You ever get the feeling your addicted to shinny, round, square, rectangle shaped things and such,,,ha?.:evil:

Solaire

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 11, 2017
It's called shinyitus, there's a thread around here somewhere
Ha! yes I knew it had an " official " name.
I have to find a Doc who specializers in the ancient " art of Dullification" so I can nip this shinnyitus in the bud,lol.
A mod sitting in a box is invisible , not being used isn't what it was intendered for .
Now my "Small" wheels are turning.

gpjoe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2013
Up North
I've owned a bunch of $100+ mech tubes that are long since sold. I now have a stable of 8 or 10 clones, which cost a total of under a couple hundred bucks. Two get used daily, mostly to test new juice mixes. The others are "tucked away", not because they are priceless gems of my collection, but the opposite: I don't mind having a bunch of $15-$20 mods sitting unused but It would bug me to do that with even a single $200 mod.

Mermaaan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2013
California
I don't mind having pricey items sitting unused because I know at some point I am going to want to use them again, even if only for a day or so here and there. I like to change it up every so often and older gear is great for that, especially the good stuff!

I haven't sold any gear since 2014 and the stuff I did sell back then I've regretted ever since. I still like to buy old gear occasionally to add to the collection. For me these aren't just vaping devices, they are pieces of art as well as milestones in vaping history.

Aside from knives, I don't really collect anything else so this is where I like to indulge and enjoy the hobby.

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
I have a "LOCKDOWN" mod I won from M&P vape Shoppe.
It is a heavy beast and has HORRIBLE performance. Used once and put up.

The rest of my tubes, like the lockdown, are side fire and still get used for travel and "formal" occasions.

I never understood the appeal of bottom button "Monkey Mods". (but it sure is entertaining to watch them being used...LOL)

cheers
I

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
San Antonio, TX
I'm not sure I can justify having a mod in a box not getting used, I may have to re-evaluate this situation and maybe move on down to the classies.
You never know I may use the funds to buy something else to put back in it's box and forget about,,
man i'm hopeless.
You ever get the feeling your addicted to shinny, round, square, rectangle shaped things and such,,,ha?.:evil:
If that's your only mech, save it. It's good to have a mech just in case. No electronics to go wrong. The perfect emergency backup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread