Status
Not open for further replies.

Gahh

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2013
Bay Shore LI NY
After 2 weeks it became useless.
Reads "ohms to low" when pressing lever with no tank on.
With tank on, reads the coil ohms and that's all. Pressing the lever does nothing.
Tried several different (NEW & CHARGED) batteries, same situation, NOT FIRING UP.
I'm thinking the company smok isn't so good.
Hell, my old Eleaf iStick TC60 took 10 or more drops through the years, and still works like the day I got it.

Reactions: Foggy Road

Gahh

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2013
Bay Shore LI NY
I would send it in to Smok since it's under warranty.
I've had mine 8 month with no issues.

Sent from the future
I created a ticket with FastTech. I've had situations with bad equipment before with purchases from them. They had me send the bad item to Miami, Florida. With a new item being shipped out within a week after they received it.
I will have faith that this will be resolved in the same manner.
On another note, can you please tell me what version your Alien has installed. Mine reads V1.2.1.
I don't think this has anything to do with it. I cant see a mod ever needing an update like a PC.
In fact I find it ridiculous that any thing for vaping is in need of an update.
I appreciate you getting back to me with the version your Alien has installed.
Thanks ToneeN.

Reactions: stols001

KenD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
kennetgranholm.com
I created a ticket with FastTech. I've had situations with bad equipment before with purchases from them. They had me send the bad item to Miami, Florida. With a new item being shipped out within a week after they received it.
On another note, can you please tell me what version your Alien has installed. Mine reads V1.2.1.
I don't think this has anything to do with it. I cant see a mod ever needing an update like a PC.
Thanks ToneeN.
The Alien most definitely needed updates. It wasn't until the most recent firmware that tc on it was even passable. Plenty of other mods that don't work properly in tc but could, potentially, be fixed with firmware updates.

Sent from my M7_PLUS using Tapatalk

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I don't think there's anything wrong with upgrading a mod, many times the mod will actually function better.

If yours is simply not firing at all, however, I'm not exactly sure how an upgrade might fix it, but it's always worth a try. Doubtful that an upgrade would cause a mod to stop (well, to be fair, I don't know how doubtful it is) firing, but I guess you never know.

Good luck with your return! SmokAliens are like that, they either work great, or not at all. Glad yours decided to show you which it was early enough to get a refund/warranty.

Anna

Tonee N

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2017
Nevada
Thanks ToneeN.
I'm on v1.3.2.
Hope everything works out, nothing ruins a day like a defective mod.

Sent from the future

Tonee N

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2017
Nevada
what does Puff Counter do? How do I reset? I do notr care how many puffs I have taken. Right now it says "puffs over" and I cannot figure out how to reset it?
It just records how many puffs you have taken on the device, mine is at 19029, besides that it doesn't do anything.
To reset it click the fire bar 3x to MODE, click the fire bar 1x then it will say PUFFS, hold the fire bar down till it shows how the counter, hold the fire bar down again and it will ask RESET PUFFS, arrow to Y or N then hold the fire bar again to confirm.
Hth

Sent from the future

chanelvaps

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2013
Burbank CAlifornia
It just records how many puffs you have taken on the device, mine is at 19029, besides that it doesn't do anything.
To reset it click the fire bar 3x to MODE, click the fire bar 1x then it will say PUFFS, hold the fire bar down till it shows how the counter, hold the fire bar down again and it will ask RESET PUFFS, arrow to Y or N then hold the fire bar again to confirm.
Hth

Sent from the future
THANK YOU! I gave up and went to bed last night. Got up this morning and came and looked for an answer. Got it going. THANK YOU!

Last edited:

mimöschen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 15, 2016
Although I'm quite satisfied with my Alien, I would not buy one again, because two of my friends Aliens broke after about half a year.
The first refused to fire up and on the second the 510 pin is crooked and trapped under the connector.
And the paint job is absolutely horrendous. Without silicone sleeve the paint chips off by just looking at it in the wrong angle.

Without update TC is utter crap.
With v1.4.1 it's workable at least.

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX
Accuracy in TC is fine to have. But to be honest, I don't use TC anymore, because I prefere Nichrome or Kanthal over SS a lot.

It's not just TC though. Even in Wattage mode some mods fire higher than set at certain resistances, some fire lower. No mods is 100% accurate (yet) but it is nice when they are at least fairly close and consistent.

• Agree
Reactions: stols001
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread