smok alien is just garbage

Status
Not open for further replies.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
That's too bad... Does smok offer a 90 day warranty, even if your seller does not? It's possible you could warranty it....

It seems SAlien users are going to get one of two experiences 1) It's fantastic (we often don't hear a peep from those folks) or 2) a case of mild or extreme hate (we tend to hear about those). I don't quite get how such varying QC can happen, but I guess it does, or some not so great ones slip through the cracks. I'm not a sub0hm user but I think the SAlien tends to get the most complaints, there seems to be something up with that particular model although I also hear good things about it (and other smok products). I'm sort of glad I'm not a sub0hmer because I think if you get a good mod, smok does a great job catering to the crowd that like its strengths: powerful mods at a decent price point that look nice.

Good luck warrantying or replacing.

Anna

Kiyle the Manlet

Feb 12, 2018
Ohio
Hey, sorry for the late reply.

I never hated the alien. I was just very disappointed in it's quality. I had about four of them, partly because I ended up breaking one and having one exchanged because of the same issue.

It's smoktech. They will always have decent mods that could have been great.

My main complaint was the paintjob, but it had a tendency to do some weird ..... One of mine was so ....ed up, the screen would literally look like an old TV that was on the wrong channel(static). I repaired a lot of mods when I worked at a shop here, and aliens had problems with two things. The 510 pin and the board itself. (usually firmware or ....ty components. the latter was always too much of an investment of my time to fix.)

I had one that did the same thing, and it was the 510 pin. I just replaced it through my company's warranty rather than fixing it because why would I not?

my girlfriends alien still works however, and it's ancient at this point. Smoktech had bad quality control.

Reactions: stols001

Tonee N

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2017
Nevada
They improved their paint on the Procolor, I learned to put a skin on both my Aliens as soon as I received them.
456929105580f5d263701249cc534e6c.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Kiyle the Manlet

Feb 12, 2018
Ohio
They improved their paint on the Procolor, I learned to put a skin on both my Aliens as soon as I received them.
456929105580f5d263701249cc534e6c.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
Yeah I have a procolor as well. I haven't touched it because my brother bought it for himself and my mom traded him mods because he liked the revenger better. It's been jostling around my box for a while now, and I haven't noticed any chipping or fading, like the alien would in a stiff breeze.

pfaber11

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 16, 2009
england
I'm on my third alien first two died pretty quickly. The one I'm using now has been going 8 months and over 42000 puffs. The first one only lasted a week and the second one 3 months. The first two were replaced under warranty. I think the alien is a nice vape when it's working but don't think i will be getting another one.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Wow, two warranties in quick succession... In your shoes, I might not either. :) Sounds like the right time for Smok products to die though... Just about right before deeming kicked in. I still maintain they were in a huge rush to get new products to market. Although, they still seem to come out with a new mod, like every other day. I'm not complaining, but they sure seemed to somehow capture Manufacturing Volume.

My theory is they get the "new sub0hmers".... possibly.

Anna

Reactions: Tonee N

numsquat

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 18, 2015
Something in my first one fried in my hand, panel went out smoking. Did get it replaced under warranty and gave it to one of my sons. Replacement is going strong with him, no issues at all. Personally have not bought another Smoke product since the original Alien but my Battlestar and Tesla 120 have had no problems so no need to buy another mod at this time.

I do feel Smok has QA issues. I liked the Alien when it worked though. And my oldest uses the Al85 and has had no issues. But if i have an issue with a mod I tend to avoid that companies future mods. Human nature maybe. There are other companies I have also avoided due to repeated QA issues.

• Useful
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread