New and excited!

Status
Not open for further replies.

NikonGirl

ECF Veteran
Nov 1, 2011
Wonderland
www.goodreads.com
Hi everyone! I'm new here and to vaping. I have been wanting to switch to an eCig for some time but have been financially unable til now. I convinced my dad into financing a kit and with him being an ex-smoker and wanting me to quit, he agreed on the condition that if I went back to cancer sticks, I have to pay him back.
I'm also beyond excited right now not only because I can finally be free of those disgusting cigarettes, but that I found this site! :laugh: 8 hours ago I had a shopping cart ready to check out at GreenSmoke and while I was waiting to pay, I did a search on the changes people experienced switching to vaping. I clicked on the second link which brought me here and I am SO glad I did that before checking out. There is a lot of info here so I was seriously overwhelmed at first but I knew I needed to reconsider my GreenSmoke decision.
I'm happy to report that I just purchased the Joye eGo Kit. I opted for the one with the 650mAh battery as I do not ever want to be in a position that I have to buy cigarettes again. I also purchased four 10ml e-Liquids and 2 packs of cartridges. So around this time tomorrow, I'll finally be vaping!

Since I'm complete noob, I'm hoping someone will chime in and let me know if I bought enough e-Liquid for a good start. I currently smoke about 10-12 cigs a day but only 1/2 at a time. Thanks in advance!

uba egar320

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2009
WV
Hi and welcome to ECF. For you question, you can never have enough lol. But sticking with smaller bottles is the way to go when starting out. You'll need to look around for your favorite juices. Taste is very subjective. It's a fun journey though. Also, don't be afraid to up your nicotine level when getting started. It won't hurt. Good luck!!

NikonGirl

ECF Veteran
Nov 1, 2011
Wonderland
www.goodreads.com
Thanks so much for responding and the welcome! uba egar320- I got 2 bottles of 24 and 2 of 18. I'm thinking if 18 is too little, Ill have the 24 and can use the 18 for emergencies. I figured I was safe getting both doses after reading some ppl get dizzy from nicotine OD.
bnrk- analogs sounds better than cancer sticks. I'll need to remember that one :)

mynameisrob

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 7, 2011
PH-Illadelph-IA, PA
Check out BlueMist Vapor. They have really good juice and a HUGE selection. 250+ premade's and 250+ favors fr DIY. I would recommend start with buying juices and find out what you like first. Then when you get the hang of it then you can get into DIY. I would get a few sample packs. Blue Mist has 5 samples of 3ml ofyour choice for $10 bucks. Its cheap so get a few. If you dont like one your not wasting a ton ofmoney since its only 3ml. Their prices are really good. $5 for 10ml, $10 for 30ml. You can get them in 100%VG or 80PG/20VG. I would get 80/20 but thats up to you. If you start using cartomizers the 80/20 wont clog up as fast since VG is thicker than PG. You can also get extra flavor shots fr .50cents more.

brianishiwa

ECF Veteran
Oct 4, 2011
Los Angeles, CA
Hi NikonGirl, welcome & good luck. You'll get a lot of support and encouraging words from the great forum here.

Also, when you say cartridges, do you mean 'cartridges' I.e.- that plug into the atomizer? (As opposed to 'cartomizers' that are all-in-one units) I'm asking because the majority consensus agree that cartridges are a bit finnicky, so to alleviate any potential frustration and to ensure you don't go back to analogs, let's make sure your gear is going to work optimally. Mind you, even if they are cartridges, there are simple things you can do to help them work better.

Nikon? From one photog/vaper to another, cheers!

CaminoDiablo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 30, 2010
East Pembroke NY
You got a really nice kit to start off with, BUT, lol, save your pennies and dimes because soon you will see something you like and then comes that UPGRADE. For me that has never stopped in a year and a half. I keep seeing new things and want to try it. Keep reading posts and vape away. Cheers to your new venture :toast:

NikonGirl

ECF Veteran
Nov 1, 2011
Wonderland
www.goodreads.com
You guys are beyond awesome. Thank you so much! :D On my way to check out bluemist.
brinanishiwa- always love meeting a fellow photog! loving my d700 and want a d3 so bad!! As for the cartridges, I got these, Joye 510 or Joye eGo flat tip black empty blank cartridge/filter (Genuine Joyetech!) Im assuming all I have to do is add liquid...at least I hope so.
Jend73- thanks for the heads up on the water. I drink a lot living in AZ but dont mind drinking more.

CaminoDiablo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 30, 2010
East Pembroke NY
Thanks for the heads up CaminoDiablo. Couldnt afford to upgrade if I wanted to but will start a vape fund just in case, haha

Well I'm gonna get you started lol. I'm gonna send you for free different flavors of juice. PM me with your address and I will send them, just include some flavors you have seen on sites and I will see what I can do to help also your nicotine level you want. I have like 150 flavors to chose from, I make it myself which soon I hope you will too. Check the DIY section in the forum and read up, make 30ml for like $2 :laugh:

dotma

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 7, 2011
Spokane, WA
Good job on going with the ego instead of the greenies! Undoubtedly you will read more and become more aware of the BAJILLIONS of things out there that will fit on an ego lol. I think a lot of people are not too thrilled with cartridges because they are a little bit inconvenient and also in case your atomizers decide to stop functioning, well then you are screwed. Its kind of like how you always have to have a back up pack of cigarettes, only you cant drive down to your local store and buy extra hardware for your e cig! If i could suggest just one thing -- because i know funds are tight and you dont wanna really get into a whole bunch of different stuff just yet -- is to just order a pack of cartomizers that have a 510 fitting. They are about 8 bucks for 5 of them. It is kind of a cartridge and atomizer in one. You just screw the whole thing onto your battery, fill it with juice like you would the cartridge. (I like the Boge LR cartomizers myself). The cartomizers are sort of disposable, some people get rid of them when their life span appears to be over and some people wash them out and reuse them as long as possible. I kind of like having a pack just in case my atomizers decide not to work anymore. Good luck in your new venture!

JQside

ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2011
Canada
Folks new to e-cigs need to lower their expectations a bit. You may be surprised by the similarity when you get to try your first one, which looks like a real cigarette. (I'm assuming that's the first one people want to try when transitioning to e-cigs.) It may give you the same smoke-like vapor you expected, but then the initial satisfaction won't end there. The so-called "throat-hit" won't be exactly what you get like in smoking a real cig. You find yourself vaping longer than smoking, which takes about 10-20 minutes per session. You'll find that you want to vape for hours on end subconsciously looking for that throat hit you experience in smoking analogs. You'd wonder whether going back to analogs might be better.

In other words, vaping needs longer sessions. Mini e-cigs that look like real cigs have shorter battery life. They won't let you vape for hours without charging after just an hour, sometimes it's less. You need bigger e-cigs that don't look anywhere near a real cig with bigger batteries and a ton of different types accessories. . At that point it's no longer about quitting analogs. It's about transitioning to another whole new habit using entirely different materials. Welcome to the vaping world!

;-)

Last edited:

uba egar320

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2009
WV
Folks new to e-cigs need to lower their expectations a bit. You may be surprised by the similarity when you get to try your first one, which looks like a real cigarette. (I'm assuming that's the first one people want to try when transitioning to e-cigs.) It may give you the same smoke-like vapor you expected, but then the initial satisfaction won't end there. The so-called "throat-hit" won't be exactly what you get like in smoking a real cig. You find yourself vaping longer than smoking, which takes about 10-20 minutes per session. You'll find that you want to vape for hours on end subconsciously looking for that throat hit you experience in smoking analogs. You'd wonder whether going back to analogs might be better.

In other words, vaping needs longer sessions. Mini e-cigs that look like real cigs have shorter battery life. They won't let you vape for hours without charging after just an hour, sometimes it's less. You need bigger e-cigs that don't look anywhere near a real cig with bigger batteries and a ton of different types accessories. . At that point it's no longer about quitting analogs. It's about transitioning to another whole new habit using entirely different materials. Welcome to the vaping world!

;-)

I get where you're coming from. But disagree. True, they will need plenty of accessories. But plenty of folks do just fine with a few cig sized batteries to swap around. I've been using ecigs for some time now and while I did go on a journey to find the best, biggest, baddest hit\device I could, I have come back to REALLY liking the newer style cig sized ecigs. Very handy and very effective. This new setup I've been playing around with(102mm v4l battery with a nhaler G5 clearomizer) gives a great hit. The batteries last around 2 1\2 to 3 hours (more depending on how much I use it of course). For the folks that want a bigger PV, I say go for it. I've had quite a few and liked all of them in some ways. But for the folks skipping up on having a cig sized ecig because of all they hear, I say they are really missing out on a handy little device that will find a use in their day to day routine.

Have a good day!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread