New Aspire Nautilus AIO vaping device!

Status
Not open for further replies.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I so agree. It's all hype and marketing and just confuses the issue.

I have NO PROBLEM if someone wants to make a more restricted coil and recommend that with HIGH nic salts, I mean that is reasonable. WITH a fairly comprehensive explanation of WHY.

But, when you just get something labeled "Nic salt capable." Or, "Designed for nic salt vaping!" You just get headaches and nonsense and frustration.

Anna

RayofLight62

ECF Veteran
Jan 10, 2015
Kent - United Kingdom
I was a young keen photographer when colour film hit the shelves. All magazines started to advertise special cameras to be used for Colour films, to take colour pictures.

All professionals lost their voice trying to explain that any camera could take colour shots, but people kept buying new camera for the new film type anyway.

Here, as any coil can take zero nic liquid, or freebase liquid, it can also take salt based liquid. But I guess, any excuse is good for pushing new hardware, especially consumables like the coils...

moodsmaster

Aug 1, 2018
I've now tried many pod systems and only ones I'll keep are the Orion and the nautilus AIO.
The system works great so far. No spitback no leaking and great flavour.
The biggest advantage over the Orion are the changeable coil heads. So you don't have to throw the whole pod away, just because the coil is gunked up.
My dream device would be the AIO with the DNA Go chip...

dangkhoa02106

ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2013
VIET NAM
I am in love with Nautilus AIO and my Spryte was jealous with my new lover :wub:. I rather using 6mg freebase nicotine juice than using 0mg juice right now (just one full pod for a day than using nearly 9ml of 0mg juice with a RTA).
When I look at the Nautilus coil, I thought it will easy to rebuild it but I was fail (my local dealer sold me one replacement coil at 3.04 bucks) so I will try so much more to rebuild my occ coil :evil:

Reactions: stols001

Jazzman

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2013
High Desert, CA
Very pleased with the AIO so far... and really surprised. I've been vaping for 5 years now and have settled on a regulated mod and tank at 35watts for the past 2 years with 4mg nic and make my own juice, so haven't really been paying much attention to vape shops and commercial juices for years. Haven't been around ECF for quite some time either... vaping was just something I did to get a little nic just like smoking used to be. Not really exciting, just a part of my life. Wound up in a vape shop for some coils and got into a discussion with the vape shop guy that sold me my first device 5 years ago (Provari) and he was telling me about the new refillable and coil changeable new pod systems and got me thinking.

I was back the next day and picked up the one he recommended, the AIO, and have been really... I mean really surprised. Perhaps shocked would be more appropriate. Besides, the box was pretty shiny and I hadn't purchased a new shiny in a couple years. This is a great vape! I'm well past my dripper days, really high wattage vapes, and cloudz bro, it was cool for a while, but just a bit much and not car windshield friendly at all. But the AIO with less vapor volume doesn't affect my windshield at all, but the nic satisfaction is perfect for me. And it doesn't leak at all. For me a leaking device goes in the trash and can rot for all I care (those devices really deserve death by fire, but I'm too lazy). I hate juice on my hands. Hate, hate, hate.

The downside was no flavor changing easily since it only comes with 1 pod. Did a bit of research and found pods for $4.95...WHAT?? Cheap as beans, so ordered half a dozen. Now it's time to order some nic salt and get to adjusting recipes. The flavor is better with nic salt I find and doesn't have the same nasty smell of FB nic which really affects juice recipe flavors.

I'll probably always vape, I like a little nic and I just plain enjoy vaping, but it's kind of nice to be a bit excited about vaping again.

;TLDR: I like it!

Foggy Road

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2015
Garland,TX
Still going strong a couple of months in. Along with a minifit, it's my @work vape. The real surprise is how well the coil's holding up - I was fairly sure the ~12 watts would kill it off sharpish, but nope - here we are!
A couple months on the same BVC coil is not a huge surprise if you overlook the high-ish Watts. Which coil? Any leakage? And most important..... Does the AFC crank down to a really tight draw?

Reactions: My Batt Hurts

My Batt Hurts

ECF Veteran
Sep 25, 2017
UK
A couple months on the same BVC coil is not a huge surprise if you overlook the high-ish Watts. Which coil? Any leakage? And most important..... Does the AFC crank down to a really tight draw?
Agreed - I typically get a few months from a BVC (wrong metric, I know). I'm using a standard 1.8 coil in mine, with the AFC almost closed off. It's a nice tight draw, but the AFC does make a difference - wide open is quite airy.

Leakage? No, but it's best to refill with a needle-tipped bottle.

If you like the Nautilus tanks, this should be fine - it may be warmer than you're used to, but that's about it.

Foggy Road

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2015
Garland,TX
Agreed - I typically get a few months from a BVC (wrong metric, I know). I'm using a standard 1.8 coil in mine, with the AFC almost closed off. It's a nice tight draw, but the AFC does make a difference - wide open is quite airy.

Leakage? No, but it's best to refill with a needle-tipped bottle.

If you like the Nautilus tanks, this should be fine - it may be warmer than you're used to, but that's about it.
Never experienced the nauty coil. But have a lot of experience with the other BVC. Spryte and Aspire clearos, same coil different casing I believe.
Been using the Zero that I won for about a week now. Had to redneck engineer an AFC for it but I'm liking it for now. I don't expect to be rebuildable due to ceramic coil and unknown TC wire tho.

Jazzman

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2013
High Desert, CA
OK... this was strange. Got my replacement pods in today and set 3 up with different juices, but after trying them out 1 pod would not lock in. Turned out the metal insert that the coil assembly screws into was not pressed in far enough and was sitting a bit proud of the plastic it was pressed into and wouldn't go deep enough for the side catches to engage. The insert should have been flush with the plastic. See pic. Sorry for the crappy pic... just had my phone in a poorly lit room, but hopefully you can see the issue.

Used a small vise to push in further and it works fine now, but lesson learned... check pod fit before first fill with juice! Lost a tank of juice, no big deal, but recommend test fit for anyone getting pods in the future.

The rest of the pods were fine, just this one. Just something to watch for.

AIO Pod.jpg

• Useful

Zaraphina

Nov 14, 2018
Great little device unless you actually try and fill it... The coil base is in the way and the bottle nozzle wont go down into the tank. The Breeze 2 fills like a charm, the AIO floods the fill port way too easily.

Are there any tips for filling this damn thing? I used a small needle tip bottle and that seems to work, but I don't have one one me and can't get it to take any juice. You can't fill it without the coil because without the seal it just goes everywhere.

My Batt Hurts

ECF Veteran
Sep 25, 2017
UK
Tilting it & making sure you're leaving a bit of a gap next to the bottle tip may improve your chances. I usually try to have the fill-hole corner angled higher than the others when filling, but that's using a needle-tip bottle.

Someone mentioned blowing into the fill hole (not been there & don't want to go, thanks) might help push liquid away from it. Or jam a bit of rolled up tissue down first, perhaps?

Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread