New Aspire Nautilus AIO vaping device!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jazzman

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2013
High Desert, CA
I found the trick is to never let the juice bubble form in the first place, it gets messy if you let the bubble form. The way I fill to avoid this is to insert the tip of your juice bottle so the tip is inside the juice reservoir (it doesn't need to be in very deep, just enough to be past the lip where the plug goes). You can see the tip is inside the reservoir from the side, and as previously mentioned, make sure there is still a bit of room in the fill hole for air to escape. I use Chubby Gorilla's or Unicorn bottles which have long thin tips. The glass dropper bottles don't work so well because as soon as you get it deep enough to be inside the reservoir there is not enough room for air to escape.

Zaraphina

Nov 14, 2018
The thing that works for me is putting rolled up paper towel in the fill hole. It sucks the air pocket out along with a little juice. Once I do that, have no issues, most of the time. Other times, I force fill the pod which is messy. Part of the reason I don't use the AIO as much as others.
This worked in combination with the previous suggestion of angling it to keep the fill whole higher than the other corners

gpjoe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2013
Up North
Love the Nautilus AIO. Large battery, large capacity pod, replaceable coils, button activated and best of all it gives a fantastic MTL hit with 50mg juice with no harshness and a nice smooth throat hit. I have two and though they feel a bit cheap compared to the LV Orion (I had two and sold both) the Nautilus is about perfect for 25 bucks.

Just Want To Quit

ECF Veteran
Nov 26, 2015
San Fernando Valley, So-Cal
Ok so I'm thinking of picking this up for road trips but I just have one question. What Nictotine level do I start with? I currently vape 3mg of freebase nic after moving down from 6mg. Since I currently sub ohm 3mg, what would be a good starting point for salts for me? Keep in mind my main goal would be not to go up from what is the equivilent of 3mg of freebase, otherwise I feel as I might be prolonging my nic addiction by adding salts to the mix? What do you guys think?

I tried this out at a local B&M and fell in love with nic salts instantly. Only problem is, I don't remember what strength it was.

• Optimistic
Reactions: stols001

My Batt Hurts

ECF Veteran
Sep 25, 2017
UK
Since you don't want to increase nicotine intake, try something like 12 or 18 mg/ml and see how you get on. The Nautilus aio runs at about 12 watts, fwiw.

I suspect high strength salts (e.g. 35 - 50 mg/ml) are intended for very low power devices. The Nautilus AIO is low(ish), but not that low.

Just Want To Quit

ECF Veteran
Nov 26, 2015
Go back and ask. Some places keep your order on file.

Worth a shot.

Anna

Thanks for the reply Anna! I did and they "think It was 30mg." We weren't able to determine because it was actually a customer's AIO I used. Vapeshop owner says he knows the guy and knows what level he MTL's at. But he can't be 100% sure. I'll just use 30 as a starting point.

Since you don't want to increase nicotine intake, try something like 12 or 18 mg/ml and see how you get on. The Nautilus aio runs at about 12 watts, fwiw.

I suspect high strength salts (e.g. 35 - 50 mg/ml) are intended for very low power devices. The Nautilus AIO is low(ish), but not that low.

I would suspect that as well, higher mg/lower wattage.

This brings up the only other question I really have. I currently am at 3mg with regular freebase nic that I use with my Alpha and Mesh Pro tanks. It is still very important to me (if at all possible) that I'm not going up in Nic MG. Does 12 or 18mg salts equate to 3mg of freebase nic? Or is there even a way to calculate keeping the same nic level when switching from freebase to salt? This is what I would love to know. Thanks for the info!

Reactions: stols001

My Batt Hurts

ECF Veteran
Sep 25, 2017
UK
Thanks for the reply Anna! I did and they "think It was 30mg." We weren't able to determine because it was actually a customer's AIO I used. Vapeshop owner says he knows the guy and knows what level he MTL's at. But he can't be 100% sure. I'll just use 30 as a starting point.

I would suspect that as well, higher mg/lower wattage.

This brings up the only other question I really have. I currently am at 3mg with regular freebase nic that I use with my Alpha and Mesh Pro tanks. It is still very important to me (if at all possible) that I'm not going up in Nic MG. Does 12 or 18mg salts equate to 3mg of freebase nic? Or is there even a way to calculate keeping the same nic level when switching from freebase to salt? This is what I would love to know. Thanks for the info!
Treat them as equivalent, I think. Salt nic is supposed to be smoother than freebase, so easier (less harsh) to take at higher strength. Also, nic salts may be faster acting(?) than freebase. But, all in all, 30mg/ml is just that, be it freebase or salts.

Just Want To Quit

ECF Veteran
Nov 26, 2015
Treat them as equivalent, I think. Salt nic is supposed to be smoother than freebase, so easier (less harsh) to take at higher strength. Also, nic salts may be faster acting(?) than freebase. But, all in all, 30mg/ml is just that, be it freebase or salts.

Thank you! Now I know nic is nic regardless of whether it's salts or freebase. I decided to start out around 30 and see where that takes me.

On another note and I forgot to ask but.. Is cleaning the juice out of pods even possible? It doesn't seem like it from the videos I've watched. I guess It's best to just buy another pod for 5 bucks for each flavor I get eh? Seems like it would be more practical.

gpjoe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2013
Up North
Thank you! Now I know nic is nic regardless of whether it's salts or freebase. I decided to start out around 30 and see where that takes me.

On another note and I forgot to ask but.. Is cleaning the juice out of pods even possible? It doesn't seem like it from the videos I've watched. I guess It's best to just buy another pod for 5 bucks for each flavor I get eh? Seems like it would be more practical.

I rinse the pod under the faucet and then use a syringe to squirt some warm water directly into the pod a few times. Seems to work OK, though you may get some residual flavor with strong juice.

If you frequently change flavors, extra pods may be more practical.

Just Want To Quit

ECF Veteran
Nov 26, 2015
So it can be done.. Cool!

Also @My Batt Hurts You're right I should have went with 18... My god, anything more than a pull from this 35mg has me feeling jittery. 35mg is too strong for me I think.

On a side note, I had no problem with filling. You just have tilt it in a way so that there is air getting in there too. I'll mention it if it happens.

Just Want To Quit

ECF Veteran
Nov 26, 2015
I absolutely regret buying this mod.. I have filled this thing 3 times and my entire 30ml bottle is gone.... I'm sure you all can guess why. I'm sick of the flooding as well. I have tried pushing a qtip through it and every effing time there is always no air getting in there.

To make matters worse these coils suck? Tried and true? BS! I'm on my 3rd coil already and have only filled this POS 3 times.

The enitre pod itself needs to go back to their quality control before I ever revisit a pod system ever again. As far as I'm concerned Aspire can pay for my 15ml of wasted salt as well.

Absolutely done with this device and pod systems too because of it. There is no point in saving money by using salt if they are going to give us half ... poorly designed pod systems that are unable to fill by design and coils that burn out every 2 or 3 days! What's the point in saving money by vaping less with salts if filling is near impossible? What's the point when these mtl ns and normal bvc coils taste burnt after 3 days? I may use more juice with subohming.. but ......n at least i'm not wasting a drop!

I was tired of only taking a puff or two every hour anyhow, not to mention imho there is far more flavor in subohming.. Get your act together Aspire!

"End Rant"

• Informative
Reactions: drysprocket

poetruck

ECF Veteran
Apr 18, 2015
Lecompton, KS
I absolutely regret buying this mod.. I have filled this thing 3 times and my entire 30ml bottle is gone.... I'm sure you all can guess why. I'm sick of the flooding as well. I have tried pushing a qtip through it and every effing time there is always no air getting in there.

To make matters worse these coils suck? Tried and true? BS! I'm on my 3rd coil already and have only filled this POS 3 times.

The enitre pod itself needs to go back to their quality control before I ever revisit a pod system ever again. As far as I'm concerned Aspire can pay for my 15ml of wasted salt as well.

Absolutely done with this device and pod systems too because of it. There is no point in saving money by using salt if they are going to give us half ... poorly designed pod systems that are unable to fill by design and coils that burn out every 2 or 3 days! What's the point in saving money by vaping less with salts if filling is near impossible? What's the point when these mtl ns and normal bvc coils taste burnt after 3 days? I may use more juice with subohming.. but ......n at least i'm not wasting a drop!

I was tired of only taking a puff or two every hour anyhow, not to mention imho there is far more flavor in subohming.. Get your act together Aspire!

"End Rant"
Hate is not a strong enough word to describe my feelings for this device. I have the worst time filling it even after all the advice. I go through tons of juice trying to do so. Coils do not last very long. I love everything about the aspire breeze 2 but I have already lost one do to the clips breaking. I wish I can find something exactly like it and not have to worry about clips breaking. I'm glad other people are loving their Nautilus AIO. I am not one of them and just wanted to give another opinion. Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread