New Aspire Nautilus BVC Coil Packaging?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Formosa

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 13, 2012
NY
The boxes with the completely false statement aren't 'new' to me, I bought a case of 5 pack boxes about 4 or maybe 6 months ago.
Opened a box of them to try out right after I received them, they vape the same, disassembled a couple of used ones, identical to the ones that don't have the silly warning on the boxes.

The newest ones I have don't have the silly warning on the box, they have a new aspire anti tamper label/sticker on the box, the voltage range is imprinted on one side of the head, the watt range on the other.

Hmm... Maybe the site where I get it from ran out of the old batch and just started selling the one's with nicotine warning boxes. But yes the coils does include the watt range now, which it's not included with the old coils.

Strange... It doesn't make sense that mine is vaping badly.. What PG%/VG% do you vape with this set up?

Reactions: stols001

Topwater Elvis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2012
Texas
Hmm... Maybe the site where I get it from ran out of the old batch and just started selling the one's with nicotine warning boxes. But yes the coils does include the watt range now, which it's not included with the old coils.

Strange... It doesn't make sense that mine is vaping badly.. What PG%/VG% do you vape with this set up?

I vape 50/50, my wife uses 40pg/60 vg both clear non sweet.
Did you prime the heads thoroughly?
Try different power ranges? up/down
Are you positive your liquid hasn't changed?
Even the very slightest change in flavorings or sweeteners can make big differences.

• Agree

Formosa

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 13, 2012
NY
I vape 50/50, my wife uses 40pg/60 vg both clear non sweet.
Did you prime the heads thoroughly?
Try different power ranges? up/down
Are you positive your liquid hasn't changed?
Even the very slightest change in flavorings or sweeteners can make big differences.

I am 90% sure the juice haven't changed. But I will make sure tonight since I bought a new bottle (I don't think I used the juice from the new bottle).

My juice is sweet (apple/orange), so a 50/50 gets clogged up, so I do 70pg/30vg.

**How do you prime your head?? Thanks.

Topwater Elvis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2012
Texas
Slightly tilt head & drip drops of liquid on top of the screen until the wicking material is fully saturated.
drip a drop allow time for it to soak in, turn slightly, then another & so on until saturated.
You'll see it seep out of the wicking holes in the body of the head or at least the wicking material you can see will turn translucent.
Install head in base, fill tank, thread tank & base together, let sit upright for a few minutes.

Always start a new thouroghly primed head off at a lower power setting, example; if you normally use 10w start around 8.5w & gradually work your way up over the first half tank or so.
You should see bubbles rise from the wicking holes occasionally this tells you it is wicking / absorbing liquid properly.

Formosa

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 13, 2012
NY
Slightly tilt head & drip drops of liquid on top of the screen until the wicking material is fully saturated.
drip a drop allow time for it to soak in, turn slightly, then another & so on until saturated.
You'll see it seep out of the wicking holes in the body of the head or at least the wicking material you can see will turn translucent.
Install head in base, fill tank, thread tank & base together, let sit upright for a few minutes.

Always start a new thouroghly primed head off at a lower power setting, example; if you normally use 10w start around 8.5w & gradually work your way up over the first half tank or so.
You should see bubbles rise from the wicking holes occasionally this tells you it is wicking / absorbing liquid properly.

Ya that's what I usually do :) glad that I did the right thing. But I am using the Aspire K1 battery which won't allow me to adjust the wattage :(

Topwater Elvis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2012
Texas
IMO, that is most likely the problem, it may not be putting out like it used to.
As they are used & age they lose capacity meaning they can't supply as much power to the head as when they were new and or the power falls off rapidly/ inconsistant..
The nautilus really shines on an adjustable power device so you can fine tune your personal sweet spot.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
For priming, I pull liquid up into the wick for my next puff after I stop the fire button, and that seems to work well for me (a couple of seconds) and I use max VG and no dry hits. I've gotten used to doing things that way, it's actually hard to stop doing it on an RTA. But, I've found ways to make that N2 coil work for me! I think I have some of the very old, older, and newer coils, and I haven't noticed wicking differences although I do think the older coils take a little more time to break in.

If you don't have wattage settings, leave your coil sit about a half hour, taking slow, long draws into the chamber every now and then without hitting the power button, though I also agree the various Nautilus BVC coils kind of shine at different wattages, and so having a non-adjustable device might not be the greatest with that particular coil.

Anna

Reactions: mattiem

ppeeble

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2013
Poole UK
Ok this may come across as pedantic but; No-where in the ad does it state that the coils are made by Aspire...
I only noticed because i get my coils from FT. They sell a lot of clone coils and always mark the genuine ones as 'authentic nautilus etc'. All other coils are advertised as ..'for atlantis / nautilus' etc.
Don't want to upset anyone with this post but may be worth asking if the retailer has changed supplier.

r77r7r

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    Ok this may come across as pedantic but; No-where in the ad does it state that the coils are made by Aspire...
    I only noticed because i get my coils from FT. They sell a lot of clone coils and always mark the genuine ones as 'authentic nautilus etc'. All other coils are advertised as ..'for atlantis / nautilus' etc.
    Don't want to upset anyone with this post but may be worth asking if the retailer has changed supplier.
    What AD? The place that I linked to?

ppeeble

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 9, 2013
    Poole UK
    Yep - or anywhere else come to that. Maybe i'm being paraniod but i've just finished reading a huge thread on a UK site about a retailer selling non original manufacturer products to customers... Sort of makes you start doubt the voracity of all sellers (hides in shame).

r77r7r

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    Yep - or anywhere else come to that. Maybe i'm being paraniod but i've just finished reading a huge thread on a UK site about a retailer selling non original manufacturer products to customers... Sort of makes you start doubt the voracity of all sellers (hides in shame).

Fair enough. I guess I've gotten used to supplier's laziness with their descriptions.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread