New atomizers burnt taste

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dj rudy

May 24, 2017
I got rt 25 boar coil atomizers for my tank. I primed it like crazy. Put a 80 20 juice in. Let it sit for 30 minutes. Vaped it and it was burnt taste. I noticed the golden metal bottom connector was not flush on any of the tanks. I took them off with ease and the 2 wires that flows to the bottom was moved apart and pushed down. The one wire on the top of the atomizer was bulging out a little bit. So i tried a new atomizer and it didnt have the wires messed up but has the bottom gold connector not secured completely. One side is pushed up more. I did everything right to prime but it still was burnt.

Continuity

ECF Veteran
Apr 19, 2015
NW, UK
It's for a Melo RT 25.
Thanks - whoa, beefy!

melo_rt_er_coils_by_eleaf_erlq_0.15ohm_1.jpg

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
I got rt 25 boar coil atomizers for my tank. I primed it like crazy. Put a 80 20 juice in. Let it sit for 30 minutes. Vaped it and it was burnt taste. I noticed the golden metal bottom connector was not flush on any of the tanks. I took them off with ease and the 2 wires that flows to the bottom was moved apart and pushed down. The one wire on the top of the atomizer was bulging out a little bit. So i tried a new atomizer and it didnt have the wires messed up but has the bottom gold connector not secured completely. One side is pushed up more. I did everything right to prime but it still was burnt.

Hi and welcome.
80PG/20VG at what nicotine level?
How many watts are you selecting?
What have you used in the past?
How long have you been off cigarettes?

Cheers
I

Dj rudy

May 24, 2017
Hi and welcome.
80PG/20VG at what nicotine level?
How many watts are you selecting?
What have you used in the past?
How long have you been off cigarettes?

Cheers
I
Im not off cigarettes yet. Ive had bad luck on tanks with flavor. I get vape tounge as well. When i use my cousins vape the flavor is awesome and gets me to quit smoking but when i use mine i get a dull taste. I had a cleito 120. Couldnt get much of a flavor so i tried my cousins rt 25 it was way better so we traded. After about 15 rips the rt 25 had a dull taste and the cleito 120 i gave him was way better

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
Im not off cigarettes yet. Ive had bad luck on tanks with flavor. I get vape tounge as well. When i use my cousins vape the flavor is awesome and gets me to quit smoking but when i use mine i get a dull taste. I had a cleito 120. Couldnt get much of a flavor so i tried my cousins rt 25 it was way better so we traded. After about 15 rips the rt 25 had a dull taste and the cleito 120 i gave him was way better

Hmmm.
Okay,
How long does it take you to vape "15 rips"?

imo, If you are not getting your nic fix after 5 minutes of vaping, it is time to increase your nicotine level.
If you are power/chain vaping "15 rips" in under two minutes, your device can't keep up. Increase your PG level/thin the juice or slow down to 3 or so pulls per minute.

It's always nice to have a second unit with unflavored or differently flavored juice in case the VT sets in.

Cheers
I

Dj rudy

May 24, 2017
Hmmm.
Okay,
How long does it take you to vape "15 rips"?

imo, If you are not getting your nic fix after 5 minutes of vaping, it is time to increase your nicotine level.
If you are power/chain vaping "15 rips" in under two minutes, your device can't keep up. Increase your PG level/thin the juice or slow down to 3 or so pulls per minute.

It's always nice to have a second unit with unflavored or differently flavored juice in case the VT sets in.

Cheers
I
I vape fast. 15 pulls in over a minute. Short rips 1 to 2 seconds each cause my lung capacity sucks.

Topwater Elvis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2012
Texas
I'm confused,
is your e liquid 80% Pg / 20% VG or 20%Pg / 80%Vg?

15 vapes in a few minutes / chain vaping any replaceable head delivery device is gonna struggle to properly re saturate the wicking material in that time frame.
May be an RDA wicked with rayon.

Like previously mentioned if you're not getting your nic fix from 15 back to back chain vapes might think about raising your nic mg/ml.

Topwater Elvis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2012
Texas
Most times high % Vg wicks slower unless thinned.
If you have an empty small bottle you can try thinning with a drop or two of distilled water then fill half way with your liquid (shake thoroughly) to see if it helps with wicking.
Too thin add more e liquid, not thin enough add another drop of DW.

Of course turning down the power & allowing time for wicking material to re saturate between vapes would be my first thing to try.

Dj rudy

May 24, 2017
Most times high % Vg wicks slower unless thinned.
If you have an empty small bottle you can try thinning with a drop or two of distilled water then fill half way with your liquid (shake thoroughly) to see if it helps with wicking.
Too thin add more e liquid, not thin enough add another drop of DW.

Of course turning down the power & allowing time for wicking material to re saturate between vapes would be my first thing to try.
Ok tyvm friend ill give it a shot

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Welcome and glad you joined. The information below may help.
Might like to read:
http://diyordievaping.com/2016/02/26/why-is-my-ejuice-harsh-beginner-diy-ejuice-tips/
Allergies, Conditions and E-Liquid - The Complete Guide to E-Cig Safety
Wattage vs. Flavor | E-Cigarette Forum

Dj rudy

May 24, 2017
Got back from the vape shop. It was bad coils the manufacturer made. I was given replacements PLUS my unused ones i brought to them. They were super cool with it. A guy there also said he got a bad pack of atomizers of the same type of coils i got. He told me to prime it from the top, hold it at an angle and let the juice roll down the Side of the cotton. Also i know my taste buds are weak because of smoking cigarettes for 7 years and below average oral hygiene.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread