New Blu Starter Pack?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MyselfV3

Jul 24, 2013
MX
I posted this back at the newbie forum, but I think it will get better attention here.

What do you guys think about this new Blu
Starter Pack?
E cigarette blu Starter Pack | Electric cigarette Starter Kit

For those of you who can't be assed to go through Blu's page :p
It comes with two batteries as do all their kits, 1 car charger and USB cable, 1 pack of 5 cartomizers and a new, slimmer PCC which holds 3 cartomizers, one battery and one full unit (Battery and cartomizer), and it supposedly retails for $35.

Good to hear that they're finally offering a cheaper version for those who couldn't care less for the "social features" of their more expensive premium pack.

MyselfV3

Jul 24, 2013
MX
Now I am thinking about switching to this, but I'd love to hear your opinions.
I currently have an eRoll and it's fine for what it is, but honestly a lot of us who are newcomers to vaping have different things that we look for in an electronic cigarette. I was personally into the whole ritual of opening a fliptop pack of smokes, sliding out and placing it in my mouth to light up. I am also not too keen on the whole monochrome black or white cigarettes, or having to individually replace old tanks, atomizers, cones..
In that aspect I always felt the Blu would be the best choice for me, however after reading a lot of terrible reviews I decided it wasn't worth the money.

Now I was thinking about purchasing extra tanks, cones and batteries for my eRoll.. but it also crossed my mind that I could instead purchase one of these new packs for roughly the same amount of money.
As far as I've read, the biggest cons that people find with the Blu are:

It's very expensive for what you get.
The case is too bulky.
The battery doesnt last too long.
Poor vapor production.

The first two points are no longer an issue, the battery isn't an issue for me, as dealing with the eRoll isn't any better. You only get one cone with the eRoll kit and the PCC only has space for one unit and nothing else, and the poor vapor production seems to be a hit and miss, but can be solved by filling the carts with other juice. I also like the fact that you get a new atty per cart!

So I would really like your opinion on this, is there any advice you could give to a newbie to vaping? Should I purchase the extra accessories for my eRoll, or buy this Pack and have them both as alternatives? Do you have any other recommendations?
Notice that I am not looking for big PVs, I have a couple of those available to me should the need arise, but for now I rather prefer small cigarette-like units.

jimbol

ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2012
Southern Maryland
Blu has its good and bad points. I use the Premium 100 kit when I’m at work and out and about. I have had zero problems. I buy my cartridges directly from Blu online and have never had a dud so maybe I’m biased. From my perspective it comes down to how much you use it. At my pace of use the batteries last 5 or 6 hours; but the 100 batteries are bigger than what’s in the new starter kit. The prefilled are more expensive but I also find them more convenient than filling my own. Buying the cartos online will save a couple of dollars per 5 pack compared to buying them at the store. I prefer a higher nicotine level but that may not be an issue for you.

I have friends that prefer the look and feel of blu. The only advice I have is do what you are comfortable with and can afford. After all, it’s all about what you like.

Zealous

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2012
Texas
oh my. I didn't read everything so I may have to edit, but I use an eroll now & used a Blu for a very long time before the eroll. I have to say that the eroll is WAY better in performance than the Blu.

HST I also really like the case. If this is something you really like I'd order the premium 100s kit from blucigs.com instead of buying a kit from somewhere local. the 100 battery will last longer & perform better than the one you'd get from a retail store. Also, my PCC broke on me so it would be better to get it from their site in case you have problems with it as they do have a warranty.

edit (cuz I don't think I can post anything without having to edit later lol): you can order prefilled carts from blu online of course. But you can also get blank carts from another online vendor & get some ejuice you like & fill your own carts. This is definitely cheaper than buying the prefilled carts from blu but a little less convenient. It's not all that inconvenient though when you consider that you get to use any juice you want instead of being limited to just what they carry.

Last edited:

amylyn1970

Jul 13, 2013
Maryland
HST I also really like the case. If this is something you really like I'd order the premium 100s kit from blucigs.com instead of buying a kit from somewhere local. the 100 battery will last longer & perform better than the one you'd get from a retail store. Also, my PCC broke on me so it would be better to get it from their site in case you have problems with it as they do have a warranty.

edit (cuz I don't think I can post anything without having to edit later lol): you can order prefilled carts from blu online of course. But you can also get blank carts from another online vendor & get some ejuice you like & fill your own carts. This is definitely cheaper than buying the prefilled carts from blu but a little less convenient. It's not all that inconvenient though when you consider that you get to use any juice you want instead of being limited to just what they carry.

Which cartomizers are the Blu compatible with? Are they compatible with KR808D-1 cartomizers?

rhm3769

ECF Veteran
Aug 15, 2013
Huntersville, NC
I have a bit of experience with the basic kit sold in stores. Ive had it for about a month now. I was a 10 year pack a day smoker. When I got the blu, I immediately went down to half a pack a day for two weeks before I completely quit analogs. I ended up spending more on carts since I was getting them in the store than from blu and was doi g more than a cart a day. In my case, analogs were more economical in practice although theory says I should have been saving about 30 a month or so....
Before I completely quit analogs, I ordered an ego twist. The standard bk u carts fit on the ego and with the voltage settings, I get more vaper and a better taste than the blu batteries.... I carry both everywhere and still use them both, situation dependent....
With the blu, I had to charge the pack every night or everything would be out of power by the next afternoon....
The ego didnt get me to quit, I quit a good 4-5 days before I ever used it, so blu gets credit for that....
Knowing what I know now, if I had to have blu, even as a back up for my ego, I'd have went with the premium 100, but not the starter kit, I'd have got a batt, the usb charger and carts.... plus, the carts are refillable as long you keep them from drying out. ...

tanzmitpalmer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 30, 2013
Kentucky
Mine has definitely been a faithful friend through my first month of vaping. The old kit was horribly bulky, fiddly (seriously, whose fingers can screw that little battery in to the charging port?), and the indicator light on the PCC was about as easy to understand as a pregnancy test (just tell me if you're charged or not! STOP BLINKING IN RANDOM PATTERNS OK?!)

The new kit? Very slim, very easy to use, and very easy to understand. Plus I can charge it on the same charger I use for my phone and kindle. So yay.

The only thing I did NOT like about it were the cartos themselves. Very poor performers, and their "high" nicotine option was not hitting the mark for me. That was easily solved with an order from jetcigs, though. Those cartos made the blu a pretty satisfying device.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread