Status
Not open for further replies.

NicotineRush

Linux Mint/Mate
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 1, 2008
Living 'Off Grid'
Linux help? Running Linux Mint/Mate 17.2. I've read all the Linux threads here but still having problems.

calculator.png

System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'System.Deployment, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a' or one of its dependencies.
File name: 'System.Deployment, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a'
at EJuiceCalculator.MainForm.MainFormLoaded () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at EJuiceCalculator.MainForm..ctor () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) EJuiceCalculator.MainForm:.ctor ()
at EJuiceCalculator.Program.Main () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Fairly new to Linux so need hand holding :)
Thanks

Reactions: IDJoel

Ed Sause

ECF Veteran
Jan 18, 2016
Linux help? Running Linux Mint/Mate 17.2. I've read all the Linux threads here but still having problems.

I am not a Linux buff but I have a couple questions.

1. What Windows emulator are you using?

2. With the above do you have dotnet 4.0 framework or higher installed?

having said that, I realize that this may be the least of your worries at the moment. Hope that you are safe in the wake of Hurricane Irma.

Brad P

Verified Member
Jan 27, 2014
S.F. bay area, Californa
I know that the answer to my question is probably in this thread somewhere, I just can't seem to find it. Sorry in advance for a dumb question but,

How can I delete an ingredient?
I can't even seem to be able to clear everything out when I am in the ingredient editor. I know it is probably simple and I am just missing the obvious, but it is driving me crazy!
I am new tho the software and still getting used to it. Love it so far....! Thanks for any help

Fozzy71

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2016
8 Mile + 2.5
I know that the answer to my question is probably in this thread somewhere, I just can't seem to find it. Sorry in advance for a dumb question but,

I can't even seem to be able to clear everything out when I am in the ingredient editor. I know it is probably simple and I am just missing the obvious, but it is driving me crazy!
I am new tho the software and still getting used to it. Love it so far....! Thanks for any help
There is a big delete button in the ingredient editor that I do not want to click:

Reactions: Brad P

IDJoel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2015
Boise, ID
Try this:
upload_2017-9-11_19-21-4.png

(click on image to enlarge)

Just an FYI: be VERY cautious using the ingredient editor. All changes are immediate; and there is no "undo" feature to it. It is a quick way to muck up your primary data file if you don't know what you are doing. I strongly encourage everyone to read the help docs (concerning the ingredient editor) before using.:)

IDJoel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2015
Boise, ID
I just saw that as soon as your answers were being posted!
Thanks for the quick response!!!
Good to know about the editor too.
I knew it was probably something I was just overlooking.
.....Kind'a embarassing........
Nothing to be embarrassed about. The program is so feature-rich it is easy to miss some of the simple things. If you are new to JuiceCalculator; here are a couple of things that might help you out:
1. Many of the features the calculator can be toggled on and off, or preferences set, it the Options menu (>Tools>Options). This includes things like the padlock, mouse functions, and incremental values.
2. JuiceCalculator has some of the best (most detailed) documentation. Most features/functions have detailed instructions (>Help>Display Help).
3. This thread has an awesome community, that is always happy to try and answer your questions, whenever we are able. We are not "perfect," especially when it comes to more esoteric topics (like Linux), but we will certainly do our best to find you an answer.
:D

Reactions: Ed Sause

Hoggy

ECF Veteran
Aug 6, 2013
WI, USA
Anyone like to take a shot and fixing my corrupted inventory XML file?

I have no idea how it came to be corrupted. I hit save one day, the next day opened it again and it gave an error: Error loading XML Document:There is an error in XML document (0,0).

Sorry, wish I knew how.. There was some talk about a corrupted juice file a few pages back, IIRC. You might want to take a look at those posts.
Just to be be clear though, there is no separate inventory xml file - it's all stored in one xml 'juice file', recipes and ingredients alike. But I think that's what you meant anyways. :)

However, if you do manage to get it back into working order, make sure to turn on the automated backups feature in Juice Calculator's options. I do this for any any database-centric app (like this and Lightroom) - especially important for one where the the developer is in a [well deserved] hiatus. With those programs, I'll sometimes even exit after changing just one little thing that I'd rather not redo - for the sole purpose of making that backup.

Last edited:

Fozzy71

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2016
8 Mile + 2.5
However, if you do manage to get it back into working order, make sure to turn on the automated backups feature in Juice Calculator's options. I do this for any any database-centric app (like this and Lightroom) - especially important for one where the the developer is in a [well deserved] hiatus. With those programs, I'll sometimes even exit after changing just one little thing that I'd rather not redo - for the sole purpose of making that backup.
ditto this. I think I only have it set to backup once a day but I also occasionally do a save as to make another copy of the main file and my default directory and backup directory are also set to a dropbox sub-folder so they are all stored in the cloud

ibndevilish

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 15, 2014
Torrington ,CT
So, this means your ingredients, and recipes are behaving (saving), for the time being at least?

So far, but then again I haven't added anything or mixed anything. I have some health issues so Not always using it. But I open it up and see if everything is the same. I do think when I have a good day that I'm going to uninstall everything and I mean everything( Roaming file) and re install it. And then will see if I still have issues. I appreciate everyone trying to help me. I was a bit annoyed with it but I don't think it's the calculator I do think it is win 10. I think that is why I went back for the Win 8 on my other computer. Microsoft upgraded my old computer from Win 8 to the Win 10 and then I had went back for the Win 8. I don't know. I'm happy at the moment :)

Hoggy

ECF Veteran
Aug 6, 2013
WI, USA
So far, but then again I haven't added anything or mixed anything. I have some health issues so Not always using it. But I open it up and see if everything is the same. I do think when I have a good day that I'm going to uninstall everything and I mean everything( Roaming file) and re install it. And then will see if I still have issues. I appreciate everyone trying to help me. I was a bit annoyed with it but I don't think it's the calculator I do think it is win 10. I think that is why I went back for the Win 8 on my other computer. Microsoft upgraded my old computer from Win 8 to the Win 10 and then I had went back for the Win 8. I don't know. I'm happy at the moment :)

Having a heavily misunderstood disability, I totally understand about health issues and 'good' days - even though they rarely come nowadays, if at all.

That was going to be the sledgehammer technique I was thinking about suggesting with a strange problem like that.. To actually reinstall the operating system from scratch. That would especially be something to try if you are having other problems as well. Over here, Win 10 has been acting great - so it may be something that came about when upgrading. OTOH, I think I have reinstalled Win 10 from scratch at some point - can't remember exactly why though, anymore - whether it was because of problems or I just wanted to refresh the machine. This machine originally had Win 7 on it.

Well, hoping you have a good enough day at some point and get the problem sorted once and for all.

IDJoel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2015
Boise, ID
I was a bit annoyed with it but I don't think it's the calculator I do think it is win 10. I think that is why I went back for the Win 8 on my other computer. Microsoft upgraded my old computer from Win 8 to the Win 10 and then I had went back for the Win 8.
That's interesting. I have two different Windows laptops; a 10 year old HP middle-of-the-road machine, and a 5 or 6 year old Asus top-of-the-line "power" machine. I updated the HP to Windows 10 and haven't had a single hiccup (including running JuiceCalculator)!:thumb: The Asus, on the other hand, took the Win10 upgrade just fine, worked fine for about three weeks, and then started having little quirks. The little quirks turned into bigger quirks, and then even bigger quirks, and is now half a brick! I contacted Asus, to ask what the problem was, and their response was that "they have chosen" not to support my laptop series with the updated drivers needed to run Win10!:-x Of course all of this comes to light after the Windows allowed roll-back period... AND Asus didn't provide system restore/reistallation disks (but they are "more than happy" to sell me a set!).:nah:

But, oddly enough, even with the Asus now not being much better than a glorified paper weight; JuiceCalculator seems to still be running just fine. Go figure... :confused:

My one big take-away from the whole fiasco has been: DON'T EVER BUY ASUS... THEIR SUPPORT IS SHAMEFUL!

Reactions: ibndevilish

NicotineRush

Linux Mint/Mate
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 1, 2008
Living 'Off Grid'
I am not a Linux buff but I have a couple questions.

1. What Windows emulator are you using?

2. With the above do you have dotnet 4.0 framework or higher installed?

having said that, I realize that this may be the least of your worries at the moment. Hope that you are safe in the wake of Hurricane Irma.

Sorry for the late reply. Dealing with hurricane issues. (all ok here)

Using WINE
Tried installing dotnet 4.0 and 4.5 with no luck and it appears getting it installed is a PITA.

This is not a big deal. There are other calculators available.

Hoggy

ECF Veteran
Aug 6, 2013
WI, USA
This is not a big deal. There are other calculators available.

None are this amazing though. This calc alone is worth coming to The Dark Side of Windows for. :)

There were a few programs that I missed too much and couldn't live without (and couldn't be run under Wine), so I went away from Linux back to Windows.. Directory Opus, Lightroom, and now this.

But another thing to try is using a virtual machine, like VirtualBox (IIRC). I think this calc will work as far back as Windows XP, and maybe even earlier versions. So finding a free copy of any of those is more likely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread