Not open for further replies.

IDJoel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2015
Boise, ID
Hi
I have been using this software and loving it controls all my inventory but is possible to add more labels for dymo printer i.e label writer 450
thanks
Hi; and welcome to ECF!

I believe @skineedog is (was?) using the Dymo LabelWriter 450 Turbo along with JuiceCalculator. Which label(s) are you wanting to use (be sure to include label part/model number)? Maybe @skineedog , or someone else, will have the settings for the one(s) you want.

If not, HotRod has detailed instructions on setting up new label parameters, in the Help file:
upload_2018-1-16_0-5-4.png

IDJoel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2015
Boise, ID
No can't prints labels I got Dymo 450 trying to print on dymo 11355 labels can't set it up correctly can you help
Have you tried using the Dymo 30330 "paper type" definition? The dimensions are quite similar to your 11355 (which appears to be unavailable in the US). The 30330 measures 3/4" x 2" (or 18.0340mm x 50.8001mm); whereas the 11355 measures 19mm x 51mm.

If that is not good enough; I would then try setting up a new paper type following the parameters of the 30330, but use the 11355 dimensions:

30330 example:
upload_2018-1-22_19-6-27.png

Setup I would begin with:
upload_2018-1-22_19-10-23.png

In the "Options menu" (main window>Tools>Options), select "Print defaults" tab. Set up per image and notes below:
upload_2018-1-22_19-44-44.png

My disclaimer: I DO NOT have any label printer! So this is all theoretical for me. This MAY, OR MAY NOT, be correct. If anyone, that uses a label printer with JuiceCalculator, sees an error/errors; I would GREATLY welcome, and appreciate corrections. Thanks!:D

IDJoel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2015
Boise, ID
@IDJoel thanks for that done settings works but on label 11355 it prints to high as label paper size is larger then label it self any idea!
start adjusting the "Top Margin," by going up in 0.5mm(?) increments, until it is no longer crowding the top. Note: the half mm increments is just a guess. If you have the means to measure/guess how far down you want to start; feel free to begin there and adjust as needed.:)

• Informative
Reactions: Burnie

Olly89

Jan 18, 2018
Hi all been using this for a couple of years, even sent a few errors to the dev and got a reply last year, but from what I can gather he's been AWOL for a year? I'm sure it's a lot of work but a bit strange he hasn't even said he's having a break. I appreciate it's not a paid program, but sure anyone who's given a donation is a bit peeved and, if it is about lack of funds, wonder why he didn't try and monetise another way (maybe sticking an app on play store with ads, but I'm not a developer so might not be straightforward).

Regardless I think it's a great program, but recently have had an issue where whenever I hit the checkbox for 'Available Inventory' the program goes blank, (shown below). I've got a bunch of recipes, have tried reinstalling but to no avail, so it's a bit annoying as I can't see what I can mix. Just wondered if anyone else has had this issue?

3ae4BOw.png

Fozzy71

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2016
8 Mile + 2.5
Hi all been using this for a couple of years, even sent a few errors to the dev and got a reply last year, but from what I can gather he's been AWOL for a year? I'm sure it's a lot of work but a bit strange he hasn't even said he's having a break. I appreciate it's not a paid program, but sure anyone who's given a donation is a bit peeved and, if it is about lack of funds, wonder why he didn't try and monetise another way (maybe sticking an app on play store with ads, but I'm not a developer so might not be straightforward).

Regardless I think it's a great program, but recently have had an issue where whenever I hit the checkbox for 'Available Inventory' the program goes blank, (shown below). I've got a bunch of recipes, have tried reinstalling but to no avail, so it's a bit annoying as I can't see what I can mix. Just wondered if anyone else has had this issue?

3ae4BOw.png
I have never used that but it seems to work fine for me. I never bother using it, just the normal category filter, as any recipe I have that can't be mixed is highlighted in red if an ingredient is below the necessary amount.

I am not sure what triggers the red text but I assume it was a default setting as I don't recall changing any settings to make the warnings and errors in the lower right corner, or red text, alert me.

tariqml

Jan 15, 2018
start adjusting the "Top Margin," by going up in 0.5mm(?) increments, until it is no longer crowding the top. Note: the half mm increments is just a guess. If you have the means to measure/guess how far down you want to start; feel free to begin there and adjust as needed.:)
Hi DJoel its working well now thank you for your help

Olly89

Jan 18, 2018
I have never used that but it seems to work fine for me. I never bother using it, just the normal category filter, as any recipe I have that can't be mixed is highlighted in red if an ingredient is below the necessary amount.

I am not sure what triggers the red text but I assume it was a default setting as I don't recall changing any settings to make the warnings and errors in the lower right corner, or red text, alert me.

Strange I've never seen that red highlighting, all my recipes are in black. Are you running the latest version (8.0.0.8)? And just tried with some of my older backups and the 'available inventory' tickbox works, so must be an issue with my current XML file so might have a look at it and see if there's any glaring error. Thanks for the response.

Last edited:

tariqml

Jan 15, 2018
in.png
That's strange I've never seen the text turn red like that Are you on the latest version? All my recipes are in black. Would you mind if I send you one of my backups for you to try on your version? If not to see if you get my error, but also to see if you get the red text? If not no worries, I'll just keep trying.

Strange I've never seen that red highlighting, all my recipes are in black. Are you running the latest version (8.0.0.8)? And just tried with some of my older backups and the 'available inventory' tickbox works, so must be an issue with my current XML file so might have a look at it and see if there's any glaring error. Thanks for the response.
Hi it shows red when your ingredients low you need to set your inventory alarm threshold

Last edited:

IDJoel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2015
Boise, ID

I am running 8.0.0.8, and I see "under inventory" recipes in red... if the available inventory is not checked. Once the box is checked, the program removes from view, any recipes that have one or more ingredients in in insufficient quantities to make the default volume. Therefore, you would/will not see any red. Here are a couple of examples:
UNCHECKED:
upload_2018-1-23_20-38-46.png

CHECKED:
upload_2018-1-23_20-47-11.png

If you are not tracking inventory, or if all of your recipes are short one or more ingredients, you would see zero recipes listed.

So, with that understanding, I would ask the following questions (in no particular order):
  • Are you tracking inventory? Meaning; do you have quantity values for your ingredients?
  • Do you have adequate amounts to make the recipe's batch size? Reducing batch size can change a recipe from "insufficient" to "sufficient" inventory.
  • Are your on-hand inventory levels for nicotine, PG, and VG correct? If one of those is allowed to drop to zero (or near zero) the program may think you don't have enough to mix anything (as all recipes require nic, PG, and VG).
  • Have you changed one of your core ingredients (nicotine, PG, VG) from one vendor/manufacture, to another? If you have been using nicotine (as an example) from vendor A, and now you are using vendor B, and haven't updated your recipes to reflect that change (and vendor A's ingredient is of insufficient quantity to make your recipes); then your recipes will be shown as "below inventory."
Start by checking those; and let us know what you figure out.:)

IDJoel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2015
Boise, ID
Hi it shows red when your ingredients low you need to set your inventory alarm threshold
Sorry, I am not trying to be argumentative, but I have to respectfully disagree with you. The only thing the threshold alarm is for; is when the software will begin notifying you that you are "low," and you may want to add it to your shopping list. As stated in the help document:
upload_2018-1-23_21-33-58.png

Instead, it is the inventory level (just to the left of the inventory alarm threshold value; in your screen shot) that must be equal to, or greater than, the amount required in any specific recipe. That is why the same ingredient can show as "not enough in inventory for recipe" in one recipe with a higher quantity needed, and be just fine in another recipe requiring less. If it were dependent an the threshold alarm, all recipes containing that ingredient, would show as unable to make.

I hope that clarifies things.:)

• Agree
Reactions: Hoggy

tariqml

Jan 15, 2018
Sorry, I am not trying to be argumentative, but I have to respectfully disagree with you. The only thing the threshold alarm is for; is when the software will begin notifying you that you are "low," and you may want to add it to your shopping list. As stated in the help document:
View attachment 714663

Instead, it is the inventory level (just to the left of the inventory alarm threshold value; in your screen shot) that must be equal to, or greater than, the amount required in any specific recipe. That is why the same ingredient can show as "not enough in inventory for recipe" in one recipe with a higher quantity needed, and be just fine in another recipe requiring less. If it were dependent an the threshold alarm, all recipes containing that ingredient, would show as unable to make.

I hope that clarifies things.:)
OH Thanks for that information I must have misunderstood I haven't been using this software that long any more help would be appreciated

Last edited:
Reactions: IDJoel

IDJoel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2015
Boise, ID
OH Thanks for that information I must have misunderstood I haven't been using this software that long any more help would be appreciated
No worries!:D That is part of what makes this forum so great; everyone is here to help. The Help document is pretty good, but if you can't find answers there, don't be afraid to ask. We all had to learn too.

I have been using JuiceCalculator for more than two years; and I am still learning things about it!:laugh:

Reactions: capthook

tariqml

Jan 15, 2018
No worries!:D That is part of what makes this forum so great; everyone is here to help. The Help document is pretty good, but if you can't find answers there, don't be afraid to ask. We all had to learn too.

I have been using JuiceCalculator for more than two years; and I am still learning things about it!:laugh:
very good software where it tracks your inventory too took me ages to put all my flavours now I just add them when I buy new ones
How did you get % before the recipe?
And is there a way to round off grams to 2 decimal point

IDJoel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2015
Boise, ID
How did you get % before the recipe?
I am not sure I understand what you are asking. IF you mean how do I arrive at the percentage I want to mix at? It is either coming from someone else's recipe, or through trial and error. When I am creating a recipe from scratch; it helps if I test each concentrate as a single mix (stand-alone) first. It helps me learn what taste(s) it will contribute; and what percentage I might want to start with. Then, the primary note (whatever I want the main/basic flavor to be) starts at least 50% of the total flavoring, and the secondary and accent notes contribute no more than the remaining 50% (often it can be substantially less).
And is there a way to round off grams to 2 decimal point
At least for now; there is no way to reduce the resolution. This has been discussed more than once in this thread. The majority (of those who voiced a preference) prefer having the extra digit; so we can decide whether to round up, or down, on a case-by-case basis. I mix by weight, and when I get to the point at the end of a pour, it is nice to have the option/choice to add that final drop, or not. Depending on how potent the concentrate is, how much influence it is intended to have to the overall profile, how large the batch is; I may choose to go a couple of thousandths over, or remain couple of thousandths under. But, either way; I am making the choice, and not a disinterested program.
:D

tariqml

Jan 15, 2018
upload_2018-1-23_20-47-11.png
View attachment 714677
I am not sure I understand what you are asking. IF you mean how do I arrive at the percentage I want to mix at? It is either coming from someone else's recipe, or through trial and error. When I am creating a recipe from scratch; it helps if I test each concentrate as a single mix (stand-alone) first. It helps me learn what taste(s) it will contribute; and what percentage I might want to start with. Then, the primary note (whatever I want the main/basic flavor to be) starts at least 50% of the total flavoring, and the secondary and accent notes contribute no more than the remaining 50% (often it can be substantially less).

At least for now; there is no way to reduce the resolution. This has been discussed more than once in this thread. The majority (of those who voiced a preference) prefer having the extra digit; so we can decide whether to round up, or down, on a case-by-case basis. I mix by weight, and when I get to the point at the end of a pour, it is nice to have the option/choice to add that final drop, or not. Depending on how potent the concentrate is, how much influence it is intended to have to the overall profile, how large the batch is; I may choose to go a couple of thousandths over, or remain couple of thousandths under. But, either way; I am making the choice, and not a disinterested program.
:D
No here your recipes showing in % on the right (high lighted in red)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread