New Calculator to try

Status
Not open for further replies.
HotRod, Would it be possible to change the lock receipe from global to individual.
I thought the same thing when I first installed the new version. However by clicking the lock icon on an ingredient it unlocks it for easy modification. Personally I think this lock system is the best it can be. It prevents accidental changes while allowing intended changes without going thru menus or other hoops to do so. IMO

I find this mixing management system to be in a class of its own. The attention to detail and feature additions is implemented in such a way that the program can be used by anyone of any skill level without a huge learning curve. I have requested several additions and some were added to the program for which I am grateful. Interestingly though some of the improvements that Rod has added were suggested by other users or by himself. I had no idea how useful some could be. Never would have thought of them myself. Thus I find myself thanking not just Rod but the other enthusiastic users that have helped put this application above the rest.

jpasint

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2014
Coconut Creek, Florida
I find this mixing management system to be in a class of its own. The attention to detail and feature additions is implemented in such a way that the program can be used by anyone of any skill level without a huge learning curve. I have requested several additions and some were added to the program for which I am grateful. Interestingly though some of the improvements that Rod has added were suggested by other users or by himself. I had no idea how useful some could be. Never would have thought of them myself. Thus I find myself thanking not just Rod but the other enthusiastic users that have helped put this application above the rest.

Could not agree more.

I can't imagine how different my DIY life would be if I had to settle for one of those way less capable juice programs.

As always, my appreciation goes out to Rod and the loyal members in this thread that provide assistance and advice.

Don't forget/neglect to show Rod your appreciation by clicking on the "Make a donation" link from within the Help menu of the program.

Elmasryahmed

ECF Veteran
Apr 10, 2014
Dubai, uae
I think we all share the same appreciation to Hotrod and his calculator,
Not everyone is willing/able to show this appreciation by donation,
That's why I've an idea (if it's applicable off course),
How about adding some ads to the download page that we click whenever we r visiting the page and automatic click with every update through the program!!,
What everyone here thinks about that, and @HotRod is it possible and doable !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sleepy Dog Lee

ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2014
Powell River BC
Well, I spent 5 plus hours entering with detail my inventory and though I saved everything it crashed and all the info is gone. Why would I lose everything if I have been saving every entry? I didn't save the error code I got but it doesn't matter. The only reason I tried the software was for inventory control and since I can't waste more time entering data I will stick with eyeball inventory. What a waste of time. Arghhhhh...

*venting over

Update. All it saved were the manufactures info. Wut?

Last edited:

HotRod19579

ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2011
Round Rock, Texas
Well, I spent 5 plus hours entering with detail my inventory and though I saved everything it crashed and all the info is gone. Why would I lose everything if I have been saving every entry? I didn't save the error code I got but it doesn't matter. The only reason I tried the software was for inventory control and since I can't waste more time entering data I will stick with eyeball inventory. What a waste of time. Arghhhhh...

*venting over

Update. All it saved were the manufactures info. Wut?
You said that you were saved before it crashed so you didn't loose it but since you said it crashed before closing the app the calculator won't remember the name of the file. There is a .xml file with everything you entered. Do you remember what name you saved it as? If you didn't change the default directory there is more than likely an xml file in your My Documents\JuiceCalculator directory. Do a File->Open and navigate to that directory and see if the file is there.

Sleepy Dog Lee

ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2014
Powell River BC
I'm confused. I did save the file every time I entered a new ingredient. It would give me a message if I tried to close without saving. On first opening the program I went to ingredients and entered PG/VG/Nic/and 60 or so flavors. The program crashed and when I reopened it all the ingredients were gone. I have looked at the program again and I can't see anything that tells me to save the data in any other way than I did. Are you saying I need to save a file at the main window? When I closed that it asked me if I really wanted to close because there had been some changes made to a recipe or ingredient. I had already saved the ingredient so I closed it out without saving what I thought was a recipe and it was gone. So I did it again and saved a file at the main window. The new entry was saved. So I guess I'll try again after I go kick the dog. Did I miss some instructions? I followed your user guide and there is nothing I can find in the section on inventory about having to do anything other than input data and save it. I don't see anything about having to save as a recipe, xml, or anything else. I would appreciate you telling me where I went wrong and pointing to it in your User Guide. Thanks.

Sleepy Dog Lee

ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2014
Powell River BC
Works fine. All good. You explain the "juice file" and the info is there that you need to do this step to actually save your ingredient list though it doesn't come right out and say it. I assumed that I saved it by saving it once and that the main window was just for the recipe. I may have done the same thing even after having RTFM. The crash hasn't happened again so fingers crossed. This is a beautiful piece of work even if it isn't completely dummy proof. :)
Thanks.

HotRod19579

ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2011
Round Rock, Texas
Works fine. All good. You explain the "juice file" and the info is there that you need to do this step to actually save your ingredient list though it doesn't come right out and say it. I assumed that I saved it by saving it once and that the main window was just for the recipe. I may have done the same thing even after having RTFM. The crash hasn't happened again so fingers crossed. This is a beautiful piece of work even if it isn't completely dummy proof. :)
Thanks.
I am glad you got it working. As a result of the trouble you had I have made an update and hope to make it available this evening. I have made a change to how the Save button works on the ingredient window. It will now save the ingredient changes back to the file that you are working on.

HotRod19579

ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2011
Round Rock, Texas
Version 7.0.0.6 is available. Updates include:

1. When importing from a text file with the "Add imported ingredients to shopping list" checked, don't add the ingredient unless the inventory is zero or below its threshold.

2. On the main recipe window I added an "Add ingredient to shopping list" menu item when the ingredient is right-clicked.

3. When importing a recipe from a text file or copy/paste, set the nicotine ingredient to the first defined nicotine entry rather than leaving it empty.

4. Made a change to the "Save" processing in the ingredient window. Prior to the change the save button would save the ingredient changes from the values in the window and apply the changes to the effected ingredient and all recipes referencing the ingredient. With the change the changes will also be saved back to the juice file.

HotRod19579

ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2011
Round Rock, Texas
Thanks amigo, now I have to show my gratitude because your being so nice and stuff. Damn it.
Paypal donation on the way from prm*****.
Thank you Sleepy Dog Lee. And if you encounter the exception again please send me a screen shot or some details so that I can chase it down and resolve.

fatum

Verified Member
Jan 15, 2016
Belgium
3. When importing a recipe from a text file or copy/paste, set the nicotine ingredient to the first defined nicotine entry rather than leaving it empty.
Thanks for this, saves a few clicks :)

4. Made a change to the "Save" processing in the ingredient window. Prior to the change the save button would save the ingredient changes from the values in the window and apply the changes to the effected ingredient and all recipes referencing the ingredient. With the change the changes will also be saved back to the juice file.
Wow, excellent change! Avoids lost changes. Well done.

squee

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 12, 2013
Central CT
Unfortunately, I've been having the same problem for months now - it just keep randomly crashing on me. To the point it's virtually unusable to me now. I'll attach the error report that I got - it looks just like the one I posted a couple months ago, the only thing thats changed is the program version number :/

Attachments

• calc exception 2.txt
    5.1 KB · Views: 12

HotRod19579

ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2011
Round Rock, Texas
Unfortunately, I've been having the same problem for months now - it just keep randomly crashing on me. To the point it's virtually unusable to me now. I'll attach the error report that I got - it looks just like the one I posted a couple months ago, the only thing thats changed is the program version number :/
I sent you a PM so that we can discuss the details of problem you are having and determine what may be going on.

Reactions: fatum
Absolutely love this calculator. As my list of recipes grows larger and larger, I wish that I could rate them on a scale of 1-10 instead of 1-5. Not sure if anyone has requested this before, but it would make it so much better for me if it was a 10 point rating scale.

Keep doing what you do. This thing is awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread