Help...boiled carts not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

JenJen

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 27, 2009
Sunny Arizona
I hold under warm water about 30 seconds, blow them out onto a paper towel (about 6 or 7 times) until no more water comes out, then put about 20 drops in and vape away.

You may have overfilled them - try a few quick blows into a paper towel to get out the excess and vape. Sometimes juice gets into the tube and you have to get it out before they will work. Good luck! ;)

JuneBug31

ECF Veteran
Mar 10, 2010
MO
I didn't check to make sure they were dry before I refilled. :oops: :-x :oops: Completly forgot. I wonder if I ruined them? Bet I did. I'll try blowing them out. If that doesn't work I'll let them sit for a few days and see if that helps. I ordered some new blanks this morning. I have one that I didn't mess up to get me by until the new ones get here. Gosh I feel so dumb now. :-x

I blow them out after I took them out of the water last night until there was no more coming out. Must not have been enough.

Last edited:

JenJen

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 27, 2009
Sunny Arizona
I didn't check to make sure they were dry before I refilled. :oops: :-x :oops: Completly forgot. I wonder if I ruined them? Bet I did. I'll try blowing them out. If that doesn't work I'll let them sit for a few days and see if that helps. I ordered some new blanks this morning. I have one that I didn't mess up to get me by until the new ones get here. Gosh I feel so dumb now. :-x

I blow them out after I took them out of the water last night until there was no more coming out. Must not have been enough.

If you blew them out until no more water came out, it should have been enough. I never let mine dry, after blowing them out I refill and vape. I have never boiled mine though.

StormFinch

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2010
Arkansas
Definitely a minimum of 48 hours of natural drying time, they're probably just still wet. Any way you do it you're probably going to lose the juice you loaded, but it might be easiest to run them under the faucet and reblow, then allow them to dry thoroughly this round. To speed up the amount of time it takes you can group them and aim a hair dryer inside the tubes, use a blast from an air compressor inside each or, I've even heard of some people using an electric air mattress pump.

Good luck with them.

FAUXPUFF

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 4, 2008
If you boil them too long or in water that has still some juice in it, the metal contacts on the cart can become coated with a thin film of juice. In this case, the cart will get hot, but not produce vapor, because only 1 or 2 volts is getting to the coil. Try thoroughly cleaning the contacts on the cart to see if you have better results...

jamvector

ECF Veteran
Feb 3, 2010
Wisconsin
Classic case of too wet before filling. They are not ruined, you need to dry them before refilling as others have said. I use an air compressor because it does a great job of "fluffing" the batting to allow more juice absorption, but other options have been posted. If you can't wait a couple days for ambient drying, you can also bake them in the oven at Low / 150 deg for a couple of hours to speed up the process.

JuneBug31

ECF Veteran
Mar 10, 2010
MO
Thank you guys for all the help. :):thumb:

Classic case of too wet before filling.
This was the problem. :oops: That was my first time cleaning carts. Live and learn I guess.

I blew out the water and juice and dried completly with my hair dryer.
Cleaned battery connection.
Drip refilled
Gave them a good T-spin.
They're as good as new if not better. :thumb::D

Thanks again guys. ;) I know what to do next time.

LudaCura

ECF Veteran
Feb 26, 2010
Brooklyn, NY
Classic case of too wet before filling. They are not ruined, you need to dry them before refilling as others have said. I use an air compressor because it does a great job of "fluffing" the batting to allow more juice absorption, but other options have been posted. If you can't wait a couple days for ambient drying, you can also bake them in the oven at Low / 150 deg for a couple of hours to speed up the process.

I saw the oven-baking tip elsewhere as well... I think it was Bella? Anyway, I've been putting them in the oven at 170 deg for only about ten minutes, and then letting dry 24 hours til refilling. But the cartos are hard to draw, may be that they were still damp. I like the several hours baking idea... just worried that it could damage the cartos? Could it, anyone know?

Darrigaaz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2009
New Mexico, USA
I don't understand why people are saying to let completely dry before filling. I have never refilled a completely dry carto.. Even ones I've washed and put into the 'ready to be filled' pile and end up drying, I rinse again under hot tap water right before filling in case there's some accumulated dust that might burn up.

I definitely agree with blowing out the excess right after rinsing, but have yet to have a problem with a 'wet' carto.

Isn't there already water in the juice as part of the formulas anyways?

JenJen

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 27, 2009
Sunny Arizona
I don't understand why people are saying to let completely dry before filling. I have never refilled a completely dry carto.. Even ones I've washed and put into the 'ready to be filled' pile and end up drying, I rinse again under hot tap water right before filling in case there's some accumulated dust that might burn up.

I definitely agree with blowing out the excess right after rinsing, but have yet to have a problem with a 'wet' carto.

I never let them dry either.. just blow out and refill and vape. :D

CES

optimistic cynic
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2010
Birmingham, Al
I don't understand why people are saying to let completely dry before filling.

Mostly I don't want to dilute my juice :)

The most recent ones I refilled were damp deep inside, but took plenty of juice and vape just fine. It just took a lot of time that I don't usually have . So, I realized that I'm better off refilling a few times and then tossing.

impcat

ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2010
North Carolina
I have noticed in the premo cartos that the filling is packed in there VERY tightly. I use a syringe to refill and it sometimes takes quite an effort to get a regular (not dulled) syringe into the filling.

I see some folks mentioning that they fluff up the filling--how do you do this without damaging the wiring, especally when the filling is wrapped so darned tightly around the center post?

Hammond Egger

ECF Veteran
Feb 8, 2010
Eastern WV

Agree, when you put juice in it is soaking into the filler and making it wet so why would you need to completely dry it out before filling?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread