ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Somewhere out there
www.youtube.com
Is the dab of glue necessary ? What if you like to clean the tube as well

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

It is a good idea to use the glue to hold the tube secure on the nipple. It's pretty snug initially without it but over time, unscrewing the cap, it might loosen up.

TastyKakes

ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2013
Philadelphia
Figured I'd take this opportunity to get back involved a little on the forum.
I feel now is a good time to remind everyone to be careful with the mystery "goo" in the bottom portion of the 510. Mine was just slightly chewed up; attempted to clean things up a bit and completely mangled it.
Anyone know of there's a quick fix or it needs spa treatment? I already pm'ed Rob, but wanted to put out the word of warning while looking for an answer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cliven

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2013
UT
I got one of my REOs done tonight and just wanted to make a couple of comments. First, I think I know the 'goo' that TastyKakes is referring to. I noticed it also. It looks like silicone adhesive....maybe. I was tempted to clean it up but left it alone. My biggest problem was that I couldn't push the firing pin with the rubber cup and the little white gasket into the 510 hole. Every time I tried, the white gasket would push out over the pin as the rubber cup wouldn't go into the hole. I ended up having to take the cup and gasket off the pin then put just the cup in which was a pain. It seemed that the previously mentioned silicone was getting in the way. Anyway, I finally got the rubber cup in then dropped the pin with gasket in and it seems fine. I got it all switched out and it is working. At least I was able to salvage the gasket off my replaced pin so if I need to change it out I'm good. It will be interesting to hear if others have comments and what the overall experience is. Overall, I'm happy with it.

DoogieTony

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
Indianapolis, IN
Figured I'd take this opportunity to get back involved a little on the forum.
I feel now is a good time to remind everyone to be careful with the mystery "goo" in the bottom portion of the 510. Mine was just slightly chewed up; attempted to clean things up a bit and completely mangled it.
Anyone know of there's a quick fix or it needs spa treatment? I already pm'ed Rob, but wanted to put out the word of warning while looking for an answer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Please let us know what he says! I bunged one of mine up a bit thinking it was more dried super glue. It looks to be another layer of insulation so the center pin can't contact the mod.

DoogieTony

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
Indianapolis, IN
I got one of my REOs done tonight and just wanted to make a couple of comments. First, I think I know the 'goo' that TastyKakes is referring to. I noticed it also. It looks like silicone adhesive....maybe. I was tempted to clean it up but left it alone. My biggest problem was that I couldn't push the firing pin with the rubber cup and the little white gasket into the 510 hole. Every time I tried, the white gasket would push out over the pin as the rubber cup wouldn't go into the hole. I ended up having to take the cup and gasket off the pin then put just the cup in which was a pain. It seemed that the previously mentioned silicone was getting in the way. Anyway, I finally got the rubber cup in then dropped the pin with gasket in and it seems fine. I got it all switched out and it is working. At least I was able to salvage the gasket off my replaced pin so if I need to change it out I'm good. It will be interesting to hear if others have comments and what the overall experience is. Overall, I'm happy with it.

I found the most difficult part of the rebuild to be seating the rubber gasket as well. I found Robs method (pushing the gasket with the inverted center pin) to work much better than shoving the whole thing in all at once.

BlueSnake

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 8, 2012
Columbia, SC
I found the most difficult part of the rebuild to be seating the rubber gasket as well. I found Robs method (pushing the gasket with the inverted center pin) to work much better than shoving the whole thing in all at once.

I think Rob's method is really the only way to go for installing the firing pin. Those that put them in altogether with no problems got lucky. Trying to put it in altogether is just begging for trouble with or the deforming of the gasket.

supertrunker

Living sarcasm
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 12, 2012
Texas
Wait till you lose your temper with that screw and spring! The item missing from the kit at the beginning is my "magnet on a car aerial" to retrieve dropped gear, and you have to re-use the original spring screw unless you have more (nope!).

i dropped that screw and having just got in from work was wondering if it was in the folds of my belly/pants/trousers or on the floor, under my backside in the chair.....weird looks from HRH!

T

super_X_drifter

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Somewhere out there
www.youtube.com
Incidentally - why do you think SXD did it as a voiceover?

"oh jesus H - damn mF tube - come on - for crying out loud!! Oh sh, no - i put the bottle top on before the delrin cover....you get the idea ;)

:evil:

T

T, you are right on the money bro. :) making matters worse, It even took like 3 attempts at voice over because the damn phone kept ringing :)

NerdVap0r

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2014
Bay Area
Just got mine in, Got everything off except a little rubber ring below the 510 connector. its like glued in their or somehing i shredded it up trying to push it out. any tips on this little rubber piece? I got everything else out including the 510 pin and rubber that was attached to it. This rubber is giving me a hard time right now lol.

This is what it looks like after i used the pliers to break off the pin and slid the old connector up and out.

nslSKuY.jpg

Update. got that piece out pics below. now on to trouble #2, omfg, i destroyed the wafer and its stretched out from my first push down with a flathead. I as pretty gentle with it as well.

jf9hKca.jpg

Such a disaster with my fat hands.... everything was going so well got the springs in thats about it..... Few pieces destroyed..

Last edited:

redeyedancer

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2010
Maine
Just got mine in, Got everything off except a little rubber ring below the 510 connector. its like glued in their or somehing i shredded it up trying to push it out. any tips on this little rubber piece? I got everything else out including the 510 pin and rubber that was attached to it. This rubber is giving me a hard time right now lol.

This is what it looks like after i used the pliers to break off the pin and slid the old connector up and out.

nslSKuY.jpg

Update. got that piece out pics below. now on to trouble #2, omfg, i destroyed the wafer and its stretched out from my first push down with a flathead. I as pretty gentle with it as well.

jf9hKca.jpg

Such a disaster with my fat hands.... everything was going so well got the springs in thats about it..... Few pieces destroyed..
You my friend ripped out the 510 connections insulation out now your mod has to take a journey to the great north woods of Maine for a over haul .
I dont show anywhere in my how to vid removing the insulation . Don't forget a note with your email

Reos Mods LLC
120 Ida Jim Rd
Alfred Me 04002

PS dont feel bad your not the first or the last to do this

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread