New Contacts Installation Video

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cliven

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2013
UT
Dang it, I had the impression to just strip everything in the 510 after snapping off the the feed tube pin. Stupid me. I guess super can add a minor info on this insultaor so no one makes the same mistake i did lol. I never shipped anything in before, do i get a return box at my local post office?

Don't feel bad. I saw that 'goo' and started to fiddle with it myself. I stopped myself after realizing that I already had the rubber cup and gasket out but it sure was tempting to 'clean' it out. Rob will get 'er fixed in no time and she'll be good to go!

TastyKakes

ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2013
Philadelphia
Dang it, I had the impression to just strip everything in the 510 after snapping off the the feed tube pin. Stupid me. I guess super can add a minor info on this insultaor so no one makes the same mistake i did lol. I never shipped anything in before, do i get a return box at my local post office?

Refer to post #24 :D
Didn't think at the time to include pics; that would've been much more helpful.
If it makes you feel any better, my baby's taking a trip back to Maine as well. Should've left well enough alone, but I got a few beers in me and figured that would be the perfect time to remove the whole 510 connection and install my old gasket in place of the one I chewed up...
Couldn't get any tools I had at the time in the right position to push the 510 out from below, so I thought "I'll just screw in my rm2 and gently pry up on its lip to wriggle the 510 loose..."
Lesson learned: now I need a new 510 AND a new reomizer :O
Wasn't as gentle as I thought and ended up ripping my rm2 clean in half. If only anyone had mentioned before that brass is such a soft metal, lol. On the bright side, at least I got to see the inner workings of my reomizer firsthand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TastyKakes

ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2013
Philadelphia
Yes i've read this thread quite a few times. I assumed you meant the "goo" was super glue residue or something from previous attachment of the tube.

That's what I thought it was too, until the scissors I was using to scrape it clean took a big ... chunk out of the gasket...
Maybe our Reos will become friends while away at summer camp together, lol.

NerdVap0r

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2014
Bay Area
That's what I thought it was too, until the scissors I was using to scrape it clean took a big ... chunk out of the gasket...
Maybe our Reos will become friends while away at summer camp together, lol.

Yes it will become friends for sure lol. Thanks for cheering me up man. Folks makes it look so easy as well on the wafer part too. Put the pin in gently use a flathead to push it down. instead the whole wafer overlapped the pin above and got stretched. I was like, Eff me haha!!!!

Nightraven

Feb 11, 2014
Maryland
I to destroyed my Teflon washer and rubber cup but not the non removable rubber grommet. I found the easiest way is as follows and used the old rubber cup and washer..

Insert and seat rubber cup, takes some wiggling.

Insert pin with Teflon washer but don't push down.

Screw in rm2. To compress pin and washer to proper depth without deforming Teflon washer.

Remove rm2 and use screwdriver and micro pliers to screw on feed tube nipple after placing firing pin in place.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

muzichead

Resident Knucklehead
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2011
Illinois
^^I was having a problem for a brief moment pushing in the rubber spacer with the inverted feed tube so looked around the work bench and found a nail with just the right size head on it and within a couple seconds it popped into place. The sound it made scared me at first, but after inspecting it under the magnifying glass it was seated properly. After I thought about it, I thought I remembered someone else saying their's also made a popping sound as it was seating... I can definitely see why some people are having problems putting their new kits in!! I did save all the old parts for that "just in case" possibility if anything fails down the line. I also put the old feed tube, bottle, and cap back in as mine were only a month or so old and now I have a spare for down the road...

RebelGolfer72

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
I to destroyed my Teflon washer and rubber cup but not the non removable rubber grommet. I found the easiest way is as follows and used the old rubber cup and washer..

Insert and seat rubber cup, takes some wiggling.

Insert pin with Teflon washer but don't push down.

Screw in rm2. To compress pin and washer to proper depth without deforming Teflon washer.

Remove rm2 and use screwdriver and micro pliers to screw on feed tube nipple after placing firing pin in place.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

I wondered when looking at the videos if screwing in an atty to press it in would be a safe way to do it

Jonathan Rizo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2013
Riverside, California, United States
For you guys that messed up the kit dont be so hard on yourself it was your first attempt . We have all made mistakes myself included

man i must be dumb... while i didnt break it and it's working now when installing the pin I thought it had to be tight and with every flathead I could find i just couldn't hold the pin, it would spin. That is by far the hardest part of the entire installation. at least it works!

super_X_drifter

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Somewhere out there
www.youtube.com
Guys just a quick question. Do I have to replace all the parts or only the firing pin and the spring? First post in Reoville

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Great to see you here bro :)

Well to get to the pin you have to either snap off the old nipple like robs and my vid or try to unscrew it. Assuming you can unscrew it you could just replace the pin and the spring. Oh and the button too. New ones high heat.

I was able to unscrew one on a REO I just rebuilt but on a used one it can be tricky :)

Look forward to seeing you around here more :)

bushmaster

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 19, 2010
Colville, WA
Nice job on the tutorial, Russ.:)
I watched yours and Roberts twice each before tackling the job and was then able to upgrade both of my Grands without a hitch. Toughest part of the task was getting rid of the little lock pins in the new buttons. The holes aren't drilled all the way through anymore, so I couldn't push them further out to get a good grab. One I eventually was able to extract, the other I filed off flush. Other than that, it was a piece of cake. Thanks.
Roger

super_X_drifter

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Somewhere out there
www.youtube.com
Nice job on the tutorial, Russ.:)
I watched yours and Roberts twice each before tackling the job and was then able to upgrade both of my Grands without a hitch. Toughest part of the task was getting rid of the little lock pins in the new buttons. The holes aren't drilled all the way through anymore, so I couldn't push them further out to get a good grab. One I eventually was able to extract, the other I filed off flush. Other than that, it was a piece of cake. Thanks.
Roger

I like it. Are the detents not able to be pushed inwards ?

bushmaster

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 19, 2010
Colville, WA
I like it. Are the detents not able to be pushed inwards ?

Maybe they are, I didn't even try. I never had much luck pushing the pins in on the old buttons. Seemed like it was hard to get them perfectly flush and the button was prone to hanging up at times. I was afraid of a meltdown.
Boy, this new hardware hits a ton, doesn't it? I may have to make some adjustments to my juice. I got a little light-headed right off the bat after the upgrade.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread