New eGo compatible cartomizers!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jason_in_nc

ECF Veteran
Jan 25, 2010
It's a secret!
eGo Mega Dual Coil Cartomizer

WOW. Just got these today. AWESOME cartomizers. They really do hold a ton of juice. I got distracted and lost my drip count when filling one today. (Thank my 4 year old.)

The drip tip that comes with it is a very soft and comfortable rubber that is easy to hold in your teeth if you want. Had a little bit of leaking but I'm sure I was pushing past that 5 ml mark when filling. (again, I lost my drip count)

Great warm vapor. Love it!

They're listed as eGo cartomizers, but eGo compatible is probably more accurate as they're not actual eGo items. But they work a LOT better than the official eGo cartomizers that require you to fill with a needle. I think they're exclusive to madvapes as well.

I'll try to have a long term review in a couple days.

dale1962

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 24, 2009
Charlotte,NC
What's up Jason yeah I went by there yesterday and got the clear dc mega xl and the stainless dc mega xl both fantastic and I get about 2.5 to 3ml in them but 5ml wow,these your referring to only fit ego's?I have one of there smok tek ego that's in there bargain bin I suppose it will fit them and will have to give them babies a try.

Luther

ECF Veteran
Mar 5, 2011
Winston-Salem, N.C.
There is an aspect to this that is confusing. We've been warned not to use anything below 2 ohms with an Ego battery. We have been told it would damage the switch. These are 1.6 ohms and there is no warning. I went back to check and the warnings that had been on the dual coils is now gone.
Does this mean the prior warnings were groundless?

six

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2011
under the blue sky
There is an aspect to this that is confusing. We've been warned not to use anything below 2 ohms with an Ego battery. We have been told it would damage the switch. These are 1.6 ohms and there is no warning. I went back to check and the warnings that had been on the dual coils is now gone.
Does this mean the prior warnings were groundless?

The ego-t LR attys are 1.7 ohms and came without warnings.

The mofsets are at the highest risk of failure not from heat/amps (though that is always a consideration) but from a short when an atty pops. LR attys pop pretty often and will take out a mofset easily. -- The dual coils are a very low risk of short. It would be hard to blow a 3.2 ohm coil with a 3.2v power source.

six

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2011
under the blue sky
I hate to post back to back in the same thread, but I'm doing it anyway.

I posted some initial impressions of these cartos in the ego type models sub forum of the general e-smoking discussions section. I'm of pretty mixed feelings about these cartos.

They fit and work fine on genuine joye eGo batteries. I can not get them working without an adapter on any eGo clone battery I have. My eGo clones all fire up my eGo-t and eGo-mega attys, so I'm convinced the depth they pressed the guts in to these cartos is the problem. The skirt bottoms out before the 510 connector makes full contact.

Capacity: around 4 ml and not quite that much on the first fill. The polyfill will get more absorbent, I'm sure, after a fill or two, but these aren't going to hold 5 ml. I'll get out a measuring tape and do the math in the next day or two, but I would wager that my estimate is pretty accurate. The pollyfill consumes about 2/3 of the tube length above the connector. total tube length is around 2 inches - the skirt is about a quarter inch - the inside of the tube is about 3/8... I'll be more accurate later, but I'm really close with a 4 ml guess.

The first one out of the package had bad threads and won't screw on to anything - the other two I got are A-OK.

They produce great vapor. On a genuine joye eGo batt, they make as much or more vapor than an eGo mega atty that is working right. The flavor seems a little weak at 3.2v, and improves at 3.7v but the flavor I'm using is new to me so I'm not exactly sure how it is supposed to taste. That was a mistake for any type of review information. I should have filled with a flavor I use a lot and know how it should taste.

At 3.7v, the vapor is nearly as warm and thick as a standard dual coil at 5.0v. That surprised me a little until I thought about my eGo mega attys. The amount of air that can flow through these is greater than the amount that can flow through a standard dual coil. That's exactly what makes an ego mega able to produce so much vapor, so it should have been no surprise at all that these are able to do the same.

At 5.0v, the vapor did surprise me a lot. It was the biggest cloud I've ever made - The 70/30 PG/VG juice I'm using produced more vapor than a 100% VG I use regularly.

I've ordered a couple of 510 to ego adapters to use these on my 5.0v tube mod. I'll likely buy a few more of these cartos for that... but since I can't make them work on my eGo clones without some modification, I think I would hesitate to consider them for that purpose, but I'll decide about that after I've used these for a few days. They may be worth modifying.

hoogie76

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 1, 2009
Charlotte, NC
six, I'm finding that these are pretty precise with having the correct height of the center pin on some of the ego batteries and just pulling up the center pin tends to fix the connection..

On a side note, we've design a small round circuit board that will pop into a battery with a low center pin and give it a bit of a boost. Should have them in about a week so we'll see how testing goes with them..

hoog

six

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2011
under the blue sky
On a side note, we've design a small round circuit board that will pop into a battery with a low center pin and give it a bit of a boost. Should have them in about a week so we'll see how testing goes with them..

I think that will be necessary. I found myself wishing I had gotten the smallest battery spacer magnets at allelectronics when I bought my other ones.

Here's what I've tried them on: eGo-t 1000 mah batts = works. eGo-t 650 mah batts = didn't work. eGo passthrough batt = works. Gold ring eGo clone from you (one of my favorite batts, BTW - really can deliver amps) = didn't work. Black Smok batt from you modified to work on my charger = didn't work. Old riva 650 from Liberty = didn't work. Newer Riva T-Rex = didn't work. No name eGo clones I got used out of the classifieds = didn't work. Every one of those batteries will fire up my ego mega and eGo-t attys, and they've all been able to fire up LR stuff including the regular 1.5 ohm DCs.

With either a shorty 510/510 or the longer 510 battery extender = everything works. And, BTW, the massive cloud of vapor these create at 5.0v is stunning. I was using a 70/30 PG/VG juice and it made vapor like a 100% VG juice. I ended up ordering a couple of 510 to eGo adapters for my 5.0v mods and I have no doubt that I'll be ordering more of these to run that way.

six

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2011
under the blue sky
here I am back-to-back posting in the same thread again... Sorry. it's worth it, though.

OK. Hoogie just mentioned lifting the center pin on the battery. I've done that before with some ego clones to get them working on a charger. No big deal. -- that got me to mess around with these a little bit again for my ego clone batts.

I noticed something when I tried one of these on my gold ring ego clone. The button flashed like when the battery is dead or like when you put it on the charger. -- it saw these as a short. When i realized that and already knew this batt will drive a regular dual coil, I decided to get out a magnifying glass and inspect the connector on the carto.

The center pin is sunk too far in on the carto, not on the battery. I stuck a dental pick in to the center hole (has to go in pretty far to get a hold of anything) and lifted the center pin in the cartos 510 connection. Then I made sure the center pin was centered and spun in on to my gold ring battery. ---> Vapes like a champ.

hoogie76

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 1, 2009
Charlotte, NC
Question -- I've read you shouldn't use anything with less than 2.0 ohms with an eGo battery, so are these going to drain batteries really badly? Just curious if I should buy some more of my batteries before getting any DCCs

There's little doubt that these will drain batteries a little faster but not sure how much quite yet.. The reason these work great with eGo type batteries is that if a coil failed in say a 1.7 ohm carto and went to 1 ohm, it would take out the mosfet in the battery. With these dual coils, with each coil being 3.2 ohms, there's much less of a chance of a dual coil going to such a low resistance and taking out the chip..

hoog

six

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2011
under the blue sky
I saw that but I thought maybe with one or two of the V2 shorty adapters, it may fit on there.

With an adapter, they'll work. The 510 battery extender at madvapes will do it. Perhaps 2 shortys but maybe 3. Madvapes doesn't carry it, but a 510 to eGo exists and should work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread