New eGo compatible cartomizers!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joanr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2011
Colorado Springs
I have an ego mega drip tip in metal and it fits the EMDCC perfectly. Only thing is these cartos produce a lot of vapor and they run hotter, so you are going to get more condensation in the drip tip. I got a mouthful of water on occasion. I thought I'd like using the drip tip with these, but I like the rubber tip better. Of course I'm not using the drip tip to actually drip into these, just for a different mouthpiece. For whatever reason, the shape or material, the tips that come with them do not have much of a problem with moisture droplets.

Last edited:

Skypea

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2011
The Shoals, Alabama
There's so much vapor in here I can barely see to type. The EMDC is all that member Iffy told me and more. I don't think I'll even use the clearos I bought. The flavor is great, the vapor is great. The th isn't too harsh. Finally! I totally enjoy my vape! Woo! I'm also not too crazy about the tip but who cares I got vapor and tons of it.
buy them, but save some for me.

JuniorNA

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 2, 2010
NJ
how long do these last ? I picked up only a few to try from MV, but if they live up to the hype, I think i won't need to be dripping anymore. I like using clear0mizers so i can see my liquid get lower and lower, but they give me a mouth full of liquid, and sometimes they burn because i didnt lay it on it's side for a few min. They are a hassle, so i went back to the T tanks, or a mega LR atty for the ego. Now that i found these, I'm hoping this will do it.

I was wondering the same thing....do you just take the tip off and drip to the side (30 drops) and give it a minute or 2 to soak in? Once the flavor goes away you know it's time to refill again? I don't like the syringe method, i'd rather just drip to the side.
Also, can these be cleaned ? or are they more of a one time use ? are you guys using them for a week and then throwing them out ? or are any of you cleaning them and getting them to last a month? Whats the story on the cleaning, and re-using?

Jason_in_nc

ECF Veteran
Jan 25, 2010
It's a secret!
I've always just filled these by dripping and let them sit overnight before a first use to make sure they're completely saturated. I'll usually add a few more drops the next morning because there's more room since the liquid has had time to sink all the way to the bottom of the batting. When the flavor starts to diminish, I'll drip some more until the top of the batting looks right.

JuniorNA

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 2, 2010
NJ
Yeah these are new. I didn't see them yesterday when I ordered them . I would have loved them. Oh well. Next order I guess.

I created my own thread on this but I'll ask in here also. Are you guys getting consistent hits all the time? I just filled mine up yesterday with 50 drops and I'm not getting plumes of smoke like all the reviews said. Does it take a little bit for these cartos to kick in like it does for an atty ?

Rev. Redmond Farrier

ECF Veteran
May 17, 2010
Georgia
I received a couple of the new stock of these cartos yesterday. The issue with connectivity with eGo clones seems to have been taken care of. (either that or I got incredibly lucky) I have not had to adjust any connecting posts or do any grinding to get them to work. It is simply fill and vape with no fiddling about to get it to work. I am just glad that I have a bunch of the older ones with the flat tips so I can trade the tips out and continue using the flat ones. From what I have seen, I am in the minority in that I love the soft, flat tips much better than the round ones.

dale1962

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 24, 2009
Charlotte,NC
Yeah these are new. I didn't see them yesterday when I ordered them . I would have loved them. Oh well. Next order I guess.

I created my own thread on this but I'll ask in here also. Are you guys getting consistent hits all the time? I just filled mine up yesterday with 50 drops and I'm not getting plumes of smoke like all the reviews said. Does it take a little bit for these cartos to kick in like it does for an atty ?
I put about 80-90 drops in mine on intial fill..................

Tom10

ECF Veteran
Mar 23, 2011
Oklahoma
Anybody tried to use these on a Roughstack? Would you need a shorty extender in addition to a 510=>ego adaptor? Can you have too many adaptors on one mod?

Yes, I am using them on the Roughstack. You need a shorty 510 extender and the ego adapter. They work great, and you can easily use the fire button. I've used them on the Roughstack at 3.7 volts and 5 volts - both great performance.

Joanr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2011
Colorado Springs
Unless you DIY some vendors are thinning out the VG with at least some Distillled Water, or you could ask them to. I have one organic juice that is very thick and it just sorta sits on top of the filler material and takes forever to absorb. That juice I wouldn't put into a mega carto, I'd run out of patience before it was a third filled. I do have Annette at Virgin Vapor thin out my Organic juices for me so I can use them in these cartos. And she adds back more flavor to keep the ratios in line. Highly recommended and I use her juices in these cartos all the time. From what I've heard it's pretty hard to kill one of these and if you blow it out and keep the center tube cleared of juice you should be able to use all VG as long as it's not too thick.

Joanr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2011
Colorado Springs
I received a couple of the new stock of these cartos yesterday. The issue with connectivity with eGo clones seems to have been taken care of. (either that or I got incredibly lucky) I have not had to adjust any connecting posts or do any grinding to get them to work. It is simply fill and vape with no fiddling about to get it to work. I am just glad that I have a bunch of the older ones with the flat tips so I can trade the tips out and continue using the flat ones. From what I have seen, I am in the minority in that I love the soft, flat tips much better than the round ones.

Glad to hear from one who has the new version of these. I was wondering if they were pretty much the same. I'm with you on the tips though. I wish they kept the flat tip. I tried using one of these with a round mega drip tip and decided I liked the flat much better. I'm saving my old tips also. How are new ones performance wise? Same filler? And nice to know they may have solved the connection problem. Thanks for the info!

Rev. Redmond Farrier

ECF Veteran
May 17, 2010
Georgia
I may have spoken a bit too soon on the connection issue, while it is much better, it isn't 100%. It may have just been a fluke today, but I put one on a clone and it didn't connect. A very light touch up with sandpaper on the skirt solved it. In defense of this carto though, I had just removed a clearomizer that I had screwed down very tight due to an airy draw.
Performance wise, I can see no difference. As long as I keep viking vapor ry4 out of it, it works great. I don't know why, but that particular juice messed up 2 of the first ones I ordered with just a couple of days use. I haven't tried to boil them yet, so they may come back to life when I clean them.

HippyJonny

ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2010
Northern California
Yes, I am using them on the Roughstack. You need a shorty 510 extender and the ego adapter. They work great, and you can easily use the fire button. I've used them on the Roughstack at 3.7 volts and 5 volts - both great performance.

Just got an extension and an eGo adapter. The draw is a bit airy, but it works. Messed up the connection on one carto so that it no longer fires on my eGo batteries, but it works on the Roughstack w/ adapter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread