Status
Not open for further replies.

shepp

ECF Veteran
Apr 14, 2010
Virginia
I'd just like to commend this person on having great character. I enjoyed your candidly fine review as well shepp.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

lol, why thank you lol. i won't lie, i have had a lil bit of a flavor drop all of a sudden, but i have been really using this thing since i got it. bout two tanks a day, low nic (to avoid the head buzz haha) i'm sure that the designers are all reading, hell...may even be having the same issues. but who knows. :) i'm still really happy with it. better than the nasty aftertaste from filler

Scottbee

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 18, 2009
Okauchee Lake, WI
Has anyone tried to use the metal mesh stuff from attys as a wick for the ego-T atty? I just dissected a old shot atomizer today and took out a bunch of metal mesh. Thinking this could be a possible solution, as an alternative to going out and buying silica rope.

Anything that contacts the coil needs to be non-conductive (electrically).. else it will short out the coil.

sirpops

Jan 10, 2011
Ashland, OH
can you tell us specifically how they are junk (burnt? clogged? leaky? weak?) (back to this thread cause it seems to still have life in it--but shouldn't we migrate somewhere where the thread titles would be more useful)

i bought 4 (all volcanocig.com) no doas but the first started leaking heavily after 1.5 days of bliss. nursed it along until the new ones came in (wasting a lot of juice, blowing out the atomizer, using thicker juice toking more softly) I've been using the other three in rotation or simultaneously with fresh tanks and each on its own battery. 1 of the new ones is leaking. I've been trying to swap the tanks around and see if its the juice, the tank connection the leaky wick or what. I'm getting dizzy trying to figure it out--and from pulling continuously on 3 great monster vapor machines.

that's the rub. This thing--when it works--outperforms standard 510, 306, 510 cartomizers, and kr808 cartomizers. it is close but not quite as good as dripping on a fresh brand name janty 510 atomizer. it is lso better than the experience i've had when i've bought a box of 5 atomizers from a solid vendor (who i like too much to dis.) and had each in turn fizzle, clog, get burnt, develop weird taste, start producing low-vapor tasteless fog, and only get worse despite an infinitely varying regimen of cleaning with boiling water, vodka, dry burns, wet burns, neutral juice super strong cinnamon juice (to hide bad tastes) etc.

the tank is by no means perfect--i'd say its a half notch above the previous efforts. but it is definitely a step in the right direction.

I bought my first from cignot. It was bad right out of the package...no taste ...no vapor. Vicki replaced it for me. The second one lasted for several days of great vaping then started leaking like crazy. I took this one apart and destroyed it in the process. The wick seemed like it totally disintegrated. I could only find a couple of burnt strands...no metal piece. Again Vicki to the rescue. She sent me one of her own personal atomizers that she new worked. She cleaned it and sterilized it and sent it no charge. This one is working great for about two weeks now. I bought two more from Vicki. I have been alternating these three daily. Soak in IPA overnight and let dry for two days. All three have been running a week on this schedule. All three are working fine and Vicki's atomizer is now on its third week of good vaping. I buy all my vaping stuff from Cignot because of her great service.

This product is the future of vaping when they finally get the bugs worked out. However, they brought it out to early without sufficient life testing or they new the problems and the market. Us vapors will by anything,

Stonemull

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I am still going back to my ego-T's over and over (fitted on a ProVari) .. I was in this thread a while back, but trying to keep up with anything on ecf is insane :)

I couldn't understand early posts where they claimed great flavour .. I was an XL atty user before exclusively and knew that they where never going to be good for flavour being based on that design, don't care .. for me its vapour and nic. One thing I do know after using XL attys since they came out, they do not like dark juices at all, simply gum up. I tend to stick to dekangs or at least flush through with a dekang for a day or two after using anything else.

I also can't understand why anyone would whine abput the tanks sucking juice .. the atomiser atomises it .. the flesh pump on the end of the tank is the thing using all the juice, that being the whole point of the exercise, problem is where now ?

My first atty leaked .. no problems, 6 months warranty, replaced and got another. Provari tells me one is 1.7Ω and the other is 2.0Ω, I prefer the 2 ohm one, usually around 3.9v or so. Great device with a great atty = happy stoney.

Filthy-Beast

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2011
Chicago
... However, they brought it out to early without sufficient life testing or they new the problems and the market. Us vapors will by anything,
Possible since none of us know their testing protocols. I work for a manufacture that has a very strict and thorough protocols. After product development two dozen hand built Alpha test units are sent out plus a dozen internal unit in testing. Then some more adjustments are made and 100 beta units are built and shipped to testers around the world. After several months of gathering data final changes are made and production starts. Within a week of product release there is always problems and bugs found that never appeared before. Changes are made and the fix goes through 8 more weeks of regression testing. My product is $10,000.

How much testing does the profit on a $13 product support? How long a delay in time to market will the e-cig consumer and competition allow? "When are you releasing xxxx?", "Why is xxxx delayed?", "I can't wait for xxxx". "xxxx is too expensive"

Could it be better? Yes a lot better. Would this community have waited another 3 to 4 months and paid double or triple the price? In 3 to 4 months I'll be vaping on a Eclipse and wondering why I didn't wait to buy an "xxxxx" that's just about to be released and will be Nirvana.:p

Hotwire

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2010
England
I dunno man. I bought a $15 calculator the other day and they work so well, i'm sure thay went through a lot of testing b4 being released. So why not tank attys?

also can't understand why anyone would whine abput the tanks sucking juice .. the atomiser atomises it .. the flesh pump on the end of the tank is the thing using all the juice, that being the whole point of the exercise, problem is where now ?

Actually, dude could have a point. If we don't end up vaping it - where does it go?

I know a lot ends up on the outside of the tank cart but unless the rest is leaking out of the battery end - then it must be getting vaped - right?

Weird, not sure. I have a blank cart I used as a drip tip 2 weeks ago and it is STILL wet with juice!! Not dried juice, but still wet after 2 weeks! Interesting, and somewhat worrying....

Also, when I vape why does my pee leave a film on top of the lavatory water..?

Filthy-Beast

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2011
Chicago
I dunno man. I bought a $15 calculator the other day and they work so well, i'm sure thay went through a lot of testing b4 being released. So why not tank attys?

Not even close for comparison, the calculator is based on designs, user testing and purchasing habits that are over 20 years old. No R&D involved just assembly of commodity components into a proven design.

Hotwire

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2010
England
Not even close for comparison, the calculator is based on designs, user testing and purchasing habits that are over 20 years old. No R&D involved just assembly of commodity components into a proven design.

Aw, I see. So the first few years that calcs were released in stores, they did stuff like 5+3 = 21 and made rude words like 'knockers' instead of, um, working properly.

;p

Filthy-Beast

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2011
Chicago
No they cost hundreds of dollars and would freak out, lockup. The first ones printed on paper, when they first added a display they would freak and show garbage. They were not mass market sold in stores until many many years after first release. Your office supply sales rep stopped by to show you the new cool tech device that would be prefect with your new electric typewriter. I know it surprising, but people could do simple math in their head and on paper back then. Clerks could even count change without a calculator telling them they owe me 1.28.

Scottbee

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 18, 2009
Okauchee Lake, WI
Aw, I see. So the first few years that calcs were released in stores, they did stuff like 5+3 = 21 and made rude words like 'knockers' instead of, um, working properly.

;p

Hmmm... lemme see, I bought a HP35 in 1978 or so (still have it), if memory serves me correctly, it cost about $400 (1978 dollars).

Stonemull

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
heh, we had to buy slide rules and log books when I was a young fella, my parents owned a corner shop back then and bought one of the first calculators from a travelling salesman .. $300, the top of the line one with memory,square roots and a percent key. It still works.
It did get some stuff wrong at times though, can't remember what exactly.

Math comes in handy .. just needed to calculate the current to ionise a kg of copper bar a day into sewerage .. I get 17.1A

To whoever commented .. Yes I do look like my avatar, need to find some braces though :)
Cool little avatar creator on the southpark site.

sirpops

Jan 10, 2011
Ashland, OH
Possible since none of us know their testing protocols. I work for a manufacture that has a very strict and thorough protocols. After product development two dozen hand built Alpha test units are sent out plus a dozen internal unit in testing. Then some more adjustments are made and 100 beta units are built and shipped to testers around the world. After several months of gathering data final changes are made and production starts. Within a week of product release there is always problems and bugs found that never appeared before. Changes are made and the fix goes through 8 more weeks of regression testing. My product is $10,000.

How much testing does the profit on a $13 product support? How long a delay in time to market will the e-cig consumer and competition allow? "When are you releasing xxxx?", "Why is xxxx delayed?", "I can't wait for xxxx". "xxxx is too expensive"

Could it be better? Yes a lot better. Would this community have waited another 3 to 4 months and paid double or triple the price? In 3 to 4 months I'll be vaping on a Eclipse and wondering why I didn't wait to buy an "xxxxx" that's just about to be released and will be Nirvana.:p

I'm sure that the cost and time associated with testing a $10,000 piece of equipment is a lot more than a $13 PV. Hell, these fail right out of the package. In the end what do they have? a lot of P.O. customers It seems to me that the failure rate of these is either a design problem or a quality problem and is not acceptable even for a $13 item

Filthy-Beast

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2011
Chicago
I agree that they have a production quality issue that causes a consistency issue. This has nothing to do with R&D and testing. We also need to define "Failure". I have seven attys that had differences in wick placement and some even in size of the wick. This leads me to believe they are hand assembled and not machine assembled. I consider these to be inconsistent but I have had no failures.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread