New guy here. Probationary post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

texasoil

Oct 4, 2013
Texas
i copied this from the web site. hope it helps you badwolf.

Description

Here we have the latest VAMO's!!! Both the V4 and V5 with OLED displays!

Very cool in its own right with its modular design. Can be used a mini with a single 18350 or a full size mod with either (2)18350's or a single 18650! Very cool indeed!

Here's the deal on these new versions. V4 is the V2 body (smooth with a flat top cap) but with the V3 chip and display (OLED). The V4's we have in stock are in colors of Blue and Purple/Pink.

The V5 is all the same as the V4 but adds the removable top cap of the V3 which is slightly slanted/beveled with pips. The V5 come in Black Chrome and Stainless.

Select your model and then your color in the drop down.

Come in soft felt storage bag.

Manufacturers Specs and Instructions:

RMS vs AVG:

The VAMO V5 is defaulted to RMS. The V4 supports both AVG or RMS as follows:

Press and hold down the top left or " -" button for at least 10sec, the OLED screen will display its current state either Mean or RMS Output. Press and hold it again to toggle it to the other state. It is highly recommended to set it to and leave it set to RMS Output.

Specifications:

Max Amps: 5A,

Working voltage: 3~6.0V,

Watts: 3~15W.

Thread: 510/eGo

LCD displays working resistance and battery voltage

Variable Voltage & Wattage:

-3.0, 3.1...6.0V

-3.0, 3.5, 4.0...15W

Instructions:

1. Press the large button 5 times to turn the unit on

2. Press and hold down the "-"button more than 3 sec to display the Battery voltage

3. Press and hold down the + button more than 3sec,to display the resistance

4. The +/- buttons will change the voltage in 0.1v increments or the Power in 0.5w increments depending on the output setting.

5. Press and hold down the + and - buttons at the same time to enter the Menu. Once in the menu the top right or + button will advance thru the menu and the top left or - button will change that menu setting. There are only 3 function settings in the Menu.

Menu functions:

Menu 1: Hold down both +/- buttons and it enters at Menu 1 and says Power/Voltage. Use the left button to set to either Voltage or Power output. Power output is beneficial in that regardless of your atomizer resistance, the unit will hold constant Power setting for the same vape. You forget about voltage as the unit adjusts that behind the scenes to hold the Power constant.

Menu 2: Once in the Menu by holding +/- buttons advance to menu 2 by pressing the top right or + button. Menu 2 will say LCD Display and then pressing the top left or - button will allow you to switch what is shown on the screen while vaping. You can choose Power(voltage if set from menu 1), Resistance, or Battery. If set to power it will show your setting in Watts (or Voltage if output set to voltage) during vaping. Resistance will show the Atomizer resistance, Battery just shows the current charge of your battery.

Menu 3: Once in menu from holding +/- press top right or + until you get to Menu 3 and it will say LCD On/Off. This menu function just allows you to turn the OLED on or off during vaping

Low Voltage/Short Circuit Protection - display shows "LO-V":

1: Either the batteries need to be charged

2: Vamo short circuit protection kicked in and the head resistance is too low

BadWolf24

ECF Veteran
Oct 23, 2013
Port Charlotte, FL, USA
Quote :
The V5 is all the same as the V4 but adds the removable top cap of the V3 which is slightly slanted/beveled with pips. The V5 come in Black Chrome and Stainless.

Thank you. I read that and what I got from it is the only difference other than colors is the top cap. Rookie question, but is the removable top cap a big deal and why?
Thanks again.

Asbestos4004

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Sugar Hill, Georgia
Hi BadWolf24 and welcome! I had a Vamo V2. It worked. I understand that price is a major factor here. Vamo V2's are notorious for weak threading at the 510 connector. Mine started to fail after 1 week. You can buy an adapter and bypass the vamo threads but who wants that? I hear the V3's and up have a harder metal on the top ... just what I heard. You can save now and replace sooner or spend a little more for better quality. Whatever you do, enjoy and congrats!

blondeambition3

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2009
FL, USA
blondeambition3.wix.com
Thanks for all the replies and greetings.

To those recommending the MVP 2, I have watched the reviews and both said good things about it but both had fairly major complaints too, primarily about the button and awkwardness trying to press it. PBusardo said it was bad enough that he wouldn't use it. He also mentioned that the VW mode was so inaccurate as to be useless. I like the features it has but not sure if those things would be deal killers for me.

I am also surprised that no one has recommended the SID as both reviewers listed it as better than Vamo and it seems to have some fans elsewhere on this forum.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

:banana: I be one of those SID fans and I highly recommend it! - It's my 'at home' vaping system (with a Vivi Nova bcc) at 4 volts. Love it!!!!! Tons of flavor, vapor and throat hit and, if I like, I can leave the house without anything else except my SID in my trusty Lanyard hanging 'bout me neck!!!! :thumbs:

For when I'm at work or 'playing' just out and about I use an E-Max from MaxVaper ;)

RubyRoo

ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2013
Colorado Springs, CO
To those recommending the MVP 2, I have watched the reviews and both said good things about it but both had fairly major complaints too, primarily about the button and awkwardness trying to press it. PBusardo said it was bad enough that he wouldn't use it. He also mentioned that the VW mode was so inaccurate as to be useless. I like the features it has but not sure if those things would be deal killers for me.

The MVP 2.0 is simply awesome! I am a woman, (a strong one, I guess) and I've had ZERO issues with the button. The firm button press was only a flaw with the first 200 production models and isn't an issue anymore. The VW is just fine and regardless of the fancy charts, it vapes well as long as you are between 1 and 3 Ohms. Just my 2 cents. It's a great device and I assure you that you wouldn't be disappointed if you bought it!

meanckz

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 18, 2013
Greer, SC
www.facebook.com
welcome to this very informative and opinionated :D forum!
Since I started coming here I've been here nearly daily.....so much to learn....
anyway...just wanted to let you know, I got the Vamo 2, been pretty happy with, but it's got a but of a quality issue (not complaining, just observation from experience)
I do have the SID and SVD enroute from FastTech, not sure if anyone mentioned it, but it's not really Fast :lol:
it's been sitting in the P.O. for 6 days waiting to catch that ride on the boat (ordered on Oct 14....not expecting for another 2 weeks or so)
well...that my :2c:

meanckz

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 18, 2013
Greer, SC
www.facebook.com
Quote :

Thank you. I read that and what I got from it is the only difference other than colors is the top cap. Rookie question, but is the removable top cap a big deal and why?
Thanks again.

it is actually....first time I put an Evod/Ego style tank on my Vamo 2 I had real issues removing it....with the Vamo's top cap removable it'll become a lot easier to remove the smaller tanks that fit inside the top cap

BadWolf24

ECF Veteran
Oct 23, 2013
Port Charlotte, FL, USA
Thanks for all the info. I started with a tough decision between 2 devices and now have a tough decision between 3,lol.

I honestly am leaning toward the MVP right now. Since money is a limiting factor, I have to look for the best bang for the buck and at current prices the MVP 2 seems to offer the most for the least.

madqatter

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 14, 2013
Virginia
Is it here yet, lol.
The waiting begins...
VapeMail.jpg

BadWolf24

ECF Veteran
Oct 23, 2013
Port Charlotte, FL, USA

No kidding. I had seen the term used before but it didn't really mean anything to me as I had only used B/M until this week. So now I'm still waiting on coils that I desperately need but don't want to spend ridiculous amount on which by the way were supposed to be here by yesterday but still aren't here today and I've already checked the tracking number of the mods even though I only ordered it this afternoon. I really can't wait for the mod.

Stingbk

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 21, 2013
Jeffersonville, IN
Newwbie here... Been Vaping for about a year .. Just got into diy and LOVE IT .. I got the Vamo V2 about three months ago I love this mod .... The vari. watts setting is by far the best for me . I use about 5 diffrent tanks anything from a c4 to pro 2 tank and Vamo will rock them all. I looked at the Itaste and the pro vari and they where 510 only .... The vamo will do both 510 and ego

Just something to look into when looking for a mod

All it takes to fix that is a 510 to 510/ego adaptor. You can get them for at most $5.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread