New guy- starter kits just arrived in the mail!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Filibuster

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 3, 2012
Tacoma Washington
I've been a smoker for 7 years, my wife about 15. I'm hoping an off the cuff comment by a coworker may help us kick this awful analog addiction once and for all...

About a week ago, I was having a smoke, chatting up a dude from work. He pulls out his ecig and starts puffing away. Prior to this, the only thing I knew about ecigs was that they sold them at mall kiosks, and that was enough for me to stay away from them. He had gotten his from a local smoke shop, and was a light smoker to begin with, but has now been analog free for 3 weeks. He offered me a puff, which I gladly accepted. I was not expecting any throat kick at all, so trying to make the most out of my one chance I tool a good 7 second pull. I was shocked to exhale a very pleasing taste, and then started coughing for 30 seconds. That last part grabbed my attention, as I never imagined that these things would actually FEEL like you are smoking.

Anyways- to make a long painful story a little shorter and sweeter, I found this site that night, and within two days I ordered:

• 2 Volt Premium Starter kits
  • 6 Extra Assorted Boxes of Carts
  • 4 Extra Volt Batteries
  • A Black Satin Provari (for me)- along with all the chargers, adaptors, atomizors, tanks and stuff I thought I'd need for a bit
  • 6 different 5ml samplers from a few different juice shops

That about brings it up to date, I've been vaping for all of 30 minutes now, and enjoy it so far. I really hope this gets me and the wife off of those damn analogs. I know I spent a bunch upfront, but if I'm going to do it, may as well do it right!

Thanks everyone, nice to meet you all.

Jay

Filibuster

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 3, 2012
Tacoma Washington
PS - Why were you chatting up dude from work ... just wondering ?

Ha! Guess that came out wrong, we were BSing about work stuff. Don't recall what we were talking about, actually. I was just passing time time trying to get a nic fix.

6 sample kits (30 5ml bottles sounded like an ok start at the time) waiting to get bigger bottles of juice till i figure out my favorites!

Thanks for all of the replies so far!
-Jay

FROSTVAP3

Feb 2, 2012
Maryland
Been off analogs since x-mas, you will really get into this if you like toys too. Good call going with the provari, I started with a l88 then an 808 like the volt. Ended up collecting dust in my kit after my buzz pro came in. I am trying to hold off but I have to have a provari, I wish I had not bought other things before it. I have several other DIY's and tubes but I wish I had just bought a Buzz and a ProVari and left the rest alone. Just some food for thought to those who jump in head first like I did.

FROSTVAP3

Feb 2, 2012
Maryland
I know what you mean, my first volcano was a gift, and I have two stainless steel brief cases full of goodies now. I am glad you went straight for the provari, you'll have to let me know what you think after a while. My Buzz never has a chance to cool down. Make sure you have plenty of batteries on hand just in case of a out of the blue failure.

Filibuster

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 3, 2012
Tacoma Washington
Great first order! LOL. Really, though, I'm envious.

150ml of juice is enough to last months, probably. Plenty of cartos. You'll get a good idea of your usage rate before you need to order more, with all that to start.

Good luck!

Ya, I really hope I got the right nic strength in em, I got mostly 18, with a few 24's for good measure.

This is awesome BTW, in bed puffin' away instead of smoking analogs on the porch. Meeting friends for drinks later, if today goes well, I plan on giving away the rest of my analogs just to get em out of the house!

Filibuster

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 3, 2012
Tacoma Washington
Make sure you have plenty of batteries on hand just in case of a out of the blue failure.

I got 3 of the larger capacity ones, and the extended end cap... I'm going to try and keep enough stock of all on hand so me and the wife don't have any emergencies. She plans to stick with the cigarette lookalikes for the near future, but I'll share the Provari with her when we're hanging watching tv or whatevs.

Last edited:

LucentShadow

ECF Veteran
Dec 28, 2011
Michigan, USA
Well, 18mg with some 24 on hand seems to work well for many here.

A cold-switch to vaping works for a surprising number of people, but quite a few wean themselves off of analogs, too. I'm down to a few analogs per day, these days. I have no doubt that it'll be easy for me when I give those up soon.

I vape 12mg at home, and 18mg on breaks at work.

mynameisrob

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 7, 2011
PH-Illadelph-IA, PA
Make sure you get at least one atty, preferably a few, and a drip tip to start. Especially since you got a lot of samples.
Your best way to test them would be to direct drip on an atty to see if you like the juice. I dont recommend using cartos to test juices bc then if you dont like the juice you basically waste a carto. Drip at first to see if you like a juice, and then when you do find one you like, fill a carto.

Hitmetwice

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 18, 2012
Ontario
Hahaha, nice post OP, you sure didn't miss much on your hardware and software choices...
I jumped in with both feet too(with Provari) and while it was a little(read "LOT")
chilling in the begining(whew, the bills!), having such a large investment/commitment
has actually helped my conversion greatly.(I do still have 1 or 2/day)

Gadgets, toys, DIY juices all help to keep me busy, looking, reading, experimenting
and FORGETTING the old habit.

Incidentally, it was a co-worker(non-smoker) that just happened to mention that a
buddy of his quit by using an e-cig(blu). Gave me a web address(blu-cigz.com)
and when I got home I googled it.

Fortunately I found ECF "before" I dropped any coin, thankfully!

Anyways, all the best to you and the Mrs., happy vaping!

Cheers Hitme:vapor::vapor:

Filibuster

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 3, 2012
Tacoma Washington
Just use due diligence before you start.

Reading (only)all the stickies in the DIY area should take you only a couple of days!!!!lol

Cheers:vapor::vapor:

Ya, im a ways out from that. I know nicotine in quantity is nothing to mess with, besides I got other hobbies keeping me busy for now!

dearme

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 2, 2011
Colorado
Welcome to ECF.

You might have to adjust your vaping technique when the Provari arrives. Most vapers take long slow drags and then exhale, either thru the nose or mouth, instead of the hard, quick drags from cigs. You will get more power, a warmer vape, and more vapor with the Provari than with the Volt.

Now you just need to start researching carto tanks for the Provari and you will have all day vaping without any fuss or muss.

Here is a cheat sheet for Ohms/Voltage/Wattage so you can get an idea of what you might like to try. It's for single coil cartos.
ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread