New guy

Status
Not open for further replies.

yankees4life83

Jul 10, 2018
Hi everyone,

I was referred to this area from the new members area, and have done some reading about pod mods but have some questions and hopefully can narrow the choices down to a couple items rather than the 10k that are out there lol. Here’s what I’m looking for, but I’m definitely open to suggestions as I’m still getting my feet wet, and I know that not one device is perfect.

- Looking for a device on the smaller side, not a deal breaker though
- I am a smoker who is trying to quit. Smoke Marlboro menthol lights (1 - 1 1/2 packs a day) so I’m looking for something with a decent draw to it initially
- Decent battery life
- Not too much of a cloud presence
- Easy to use/clean
- not too expensive as I’m just starting out
- MTL

Here’s some other details and questions:

I’ve read a good spot to start off with is 16-18mg nicotine content- any particular pods that are recommended? Places to get them etc?

What type of coils?

Places that offer fast shipping?

Sorry for the long post, as I’ve stated I am reading this forum like crazy and due to the huge amount of options, I’m getting myself confused.

Thank you!

Reactions: dansus

NeonH1

ECF Veteran
Jan 11, 2018
Hello, if you're looking for a great refillable POD system, my two favorites are:
1. Justfog Minifit - - really cheap, and the pods last between 8-10 refills before they need switching
2. Suorin Vagon - - a little more money but still, cheap, PODS hold more liquid, will last about 1 week before requiring a change

Advantage of Justfog Minifit - - cheaper pods, cheaper system, really small
Advantage of Suorin Vagon - - more liquid in each pod, draw activated (no button) so it'll feel more like taking a drag from a cigarette
Flavour wise they're close, but I believe the Vagon is a touch better.

I haven't used too many non-fill-able POD systems, but I tested the MYLE at a vape expo, and it felt really nice in the hand, the draw was perfect, all the flavours were good, and it's draw activated as well.

Reactions: Bookworm

smoked25years

ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2018
I switched from smoking to vaping this year and have been cigarette free for 5 months. I started with the Juul. Juul's mint worked best for me. The cooling effect was very important for my satisfaction even though I was never a menthol smoker. Since you are a menthol smoker, it will likely be important to you.

For many people 1st getting off of cigarettes, throat hit is an important for satisfaction. But understand that throat hit from vaping is very different than from a burning cigarette. It depends on the concentration of nicotine, the preparation of salt nicotine, and the PG:VG ratio. Very different than a cigarette.

The amount of nicotine delivered to your bloodstream depends on many things including the concentration of your liquid and the vapor production of your mod. Here is a graph from Juul/Pax. The 50mg/ml salt nicotine delivered from the Juul/Pax closely resembles a cigarette.

JUUL-E-Cigarette-Review-Nicotine-Salts (1).png

Back to my experience... After a couple of weeks, I wanted to decrease my nicotine but unfortunately Juul only offers 50mg/ml.

That's when I started using refillable pod systems. Using refillable devices, I was able to cut my nicotine down to 25 mg/ml and sometimes 12.5 mg/ml. It can take some trial and error to figure out what works best for you with each device that you try. Different devices produce different amounts of vapor. For example, the Juul puts out less vapor than most refillable pod mods. It is not easy to make direct comparisons of nicotine intake when using different devices unless you have your own laboratory.

You could start with the Juul. But I think you will eventually need to buy a refillable system to decrease the nicotine like I did.

The most confusing thing when going with refillable pods is the liquids. There are so many flavors! Also, some liquids have a strong throat hit and some have none. I actually prefer no throat hit. I substitute the cooling effect of mint/menthol in place of throat hit. It's not as irritating to me. Others prefer a strong throat hit. Sometimes, I will crave a strong throat hit and I'll switch flavors but it's not my all day vape.

The prefilled Juul and Myle devices have throat hit. Mr Salt E liquid sold by the bottle for refillable pods does not have much throat hit. Bottles of SaltNic do have have throat hit (that's the liquid used in the Myle). You can buy these bottled liquids in 50mg or 25mg. I use 25 mg/ml Mr Salt E and sometimes cut it in half to 12.5 mg/ml.

There are lots of different pods systems and people have different preferences. Read through reviews here and elsewhere and think about what would work best for you.

The most important thing is to stop smoking as soon as possible. Do it now. Buy whatever is convenient. You can always buy something else later after you figure out what you want. Don't hesitate now. Make the 1st step. Good luck!

yankees4life83

Jul 10, 2018
Thanks everyone for their input and replies! To start out, I ended up going with the Suorin Vagon for a few reasons and after watchin/reading a bunch of reviews. Something is telling me that this won’t be the last purchase lol. I’m looking at the Pico as well but will try this out first and go from there. Got a few extra pods, and different juices to go along.

Once I get a day or two out of it, I’ll post my opinion on the device.

Any other things I should know about AIO and pod mods, please share. Thanks again!

VladK16

ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2013
Toledo, OH USA
I think pod systems using nic salts are the most effective way to quit smoking, at least for me it was. Had spent over 3 years vaping, trying every type of mod and juice that I could, and was still smoking until I started using a pod/nic salt combination. Have been smoke free for over 2 months now. Definitely start out with a higher mg nic salt juice if you are just starting, and then you can gradually lower your nicotine level after you quit the stinkies. The beauty of vaping is that you can control the amount your nicotine intake.

I still use my squonkers daily with 3mg juice, but I always have a pod system with 50mg nicotine with me for when I get up in the morning and after meals when the urge for a cigarette is the greatest.

Reactions: Vicman

NeonH1

ECF Veteran
Jan 11, 2018
You made a great decision. The Suorin Vagon is a great device if you're quitting smoking. It's a hassle free device, it doesn't leak, the pods are easy to fill, and the draw activation works extremely well. I've never had spitback or a dry hit.
I would also recommend getting some Nicotine Salt e-juice in 25 mg or 50 mg.
Some great flavours for new vapers are:
N1 by Numrls
BLVK by BB Vapes
Oak by Double Barrel
Or just a very simple Spearmint flavour
Enjoy,
M.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread