Status
Not open for further replies.

StrikeIII

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 10, 2013
Chicago
The weak battery message after coming back from sleep is normal, and the screen turns off after 4 mins on the dna20

This is true. As the dna powers back up it immediately does a battery check so it will say weak battery once coming back on until it fully powers up.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 3 using Tapatalk 4

StrikeIII

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 10, 2013
Chicago
Is it normal for the display to stay on ALL the time on a v2 mini ? Can we change the battery in the v2 mini ? I got mine second-hand a while back and just started getting a "weak battery" msg every now and then. Any help is appreciated, thanks.

Hana does offer replacement batteries for the Mini for $15. They will be getting better batteries soon, if not already, as they get them specially made for them.

JBLIZZ45

Mar 21, 2013
Carson, CA
The weak battery message after coming back from sleep is normal, and the screen turns off after 4 mins on the dna20

This is true. As the DNA powers back up it immediately does a battery check so it will say weak battery once coming back on until it fully powers up.

Hana does offer replacement batteries for the Mini for $15. They will be getting better batteries soon, if not already, as they get them specially made for them.
Appreciate all the info, thanks all!

Kataphraktos

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 1, 2013
New York, NY
I read back in this thread to where the DNA30 was released, and didn't find any info on the differences between DNA20 and DNA30. I also don't see a comparison on the Evolv site, or in any of the videos I've watched.*

Other than the increase in power limit from 20 watts to 30 watts, are there other improvements? I don't even need 20 watts, let alone 30. If that is the only change, I can make do with one of the soon-to-be-in-the-classifieds v2 models as everyone upgrades.

* and, seriously, if you call yourself a "reviewer" and not just a user, and are doing a video review of any DNA30 mod that has an older DNA20 version, and you aren't comparing the two, it's not a video review, you're just vaping on Youtube.

frazz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2010
Rhode Island
-it can fire .5 ohms
-power lock feature
-30 watts

I think those are the only differences

I have been using my regular v3 with my rda's at .8ohms around 23watts
And I plan on using the mini with my kayfun or russian 1.2ohms around 13 watts

Also, the screen goes to sleep faster. Coming out of sleep the "check battery" (which sounds like a battery problem) has been replaced with something else. On the Zna it was replaced with a serial number and the words Zen zna

Last edited:

StrikeIII

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 10, 2013
Chicago
My full size v3 shows "Evolv DNA".... It was from the first run on January 15th.
I believe the mini V2 and V3 would still say Evolv DNA if you were to unplug and replug the battery pack. The Mini doesn't really have a true off state since you never take the battery like the full size.

If I ever feel the need to go over 20 watts then I'll just buy an 30 chip and replace it myself.

StrikeIII

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 10, 2013
Chicago
I believe the mini V2 and V3 would still say Evolv DNA if you were to unplug and replug the battery pack. The Mini doesn't really have a true off state since you never take the battery like the full size.

If I ever feel the need to go over 20 watts then I'll just buy an 30 chip and replace it myself. I wouldn't buy a second one especially since they no longer make the gun metal version on the V3.

Opps, I quoted myself instead of edit.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Thanks, everyone! The power lock feature is the big selling point for me here.

You and I agree, Kata. For me, it was almost enough to drive me to sell my V1, in fact. And that was the sole reason, in my case, since I'm usually.blasting out of the atmosphere at a whooping 8-9 watts.
GREAT improvement though, for sure.

Tap, Tap, Tap.... Talk.

Technonut

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 11, 2010
East Coast, USA
Thanks, everyone! The power lock feature is the big selling point for me here.

I use it often... ;) The other big improvement on the v3 is is the seamless top. It worried me each time I noticed juice seeping into the v2, and wiping it up got old quick. Not an issue with many RBA's, but I like using the GG iAtty fairly often, and it does leak some at times..

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread