new here, and need help

Status
Not open for further replies.

underwater goddess

ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2010
the dark depths
Hi everyone :)

I am looking for a way to smoke an e-cig that contains no nicotine, no flavoring, just plain water vapor.

A while ago I asked the guy at the e-cig stand at the mall. He suggested I remove the cartridge and replace it with a cotton ball soaked in water.

Today I went back to the mall. There was a different guy there. He had never heard of this, but was willing to let me give it a try.

The vapor was painless, unlike the one time I tried smoking (pot). But there was one problem: it had a slight smell to it.

We tried again in a new e-cig that had never had a cartridge in it. No difference. And it wasn't just my imagination, the store guy noticed the smell too.

Is there anything I can do to fix this? Where is the smell coming from? I'm a bit paranoid that the smell = something other than water = lung damage (no matter how slight, its still something I wish to avoid). And besides, I don't find it to be a pleasant smell.

Any advice would be appreciated :) thank you!

Rosa

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 18, 2010
Beaverton, Oregon!
what is your ultimate goal with this e-cigarette encounter? Do you smoke? The reason I ask is that many of us here began using e-cigarettes as a way to quit smoking cigarettes because they give us all the enjoyment of smoking without the unfortunate drawbacks (like lung cancer, etc...) It just happens that the great majority are easily able to quit smoking regular cigarettes either immediately or very soon after beginning the e-cigarette. Are you trying to quit smoking? If you are, than I suggest that you delve a bit into the are of the forum that discusses health concerns. You may find that as an alternative to cigarette smoking the ingredients used in vaping are quite harmless and are also available not only on "juices" that are both free of nicotine (although as a smoking cessation I would not recommend it) and in a variety of non-cigarette flavors like chocolate, apple, cola etc...I hope you find what you are looking for. Best of luck, Rosa

oh, one more thing: DON'T RECOMMEND BUYING FROM THE MALL VENDOR (check the posting on that too before you get SUCKA'D)

underwater goddess

ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2010
the dark depths
  • Deleted by Lightgeoduck
  • Reason: inappropriate subject matter

shanobi187

ECF Veteran
Jan 19, 2010
Portland Oregon
the smell could have been from the cotton ball itself. I'm not that seasoned a vaper, but I would try using a different filler material.
I don't mean to sound rude, but if you're seriously concerned about the slightest damage to your lungs and you are using 0 nic juice, why inhale anything at all? Once again, no offense intended, just curious.

underwater goddess

ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2010
the dark depths
the smell could have been from the cotton ball itself. I'm not that seasoned a vaper, but I would try using a different filler material.

Yes you're probably right :)

I don't mean to sound rude, but if you're seriously concerned about the slightest damage to your lungs and you are using 0 nic juice, why inhale anything at all? Once again, no offense intended, just curious.

I figure there must be some way to vape pure water without causing any lung damage. I mean, its just water, right?

Sometime I will give you an intelligent explanation of why the act of vaping is such a sexual turn-on for me. But right now its 6 AM, and my thoughts are scattered.

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US

underwater goddess

ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2010
the dark depths
8-oI've seen some people are using...cotton batting, etc. etc. etc.......Ok, we gotta be careful here...Cotton? NO NO....remember the people in the 60's who used their clothes drier to humidify their house..lot of 'em died, they did, cotton particles have a way of clinging to lung tissue and rotting, with terrible repurcussion.

8-o 8-o 8-o Thank you for telling me! That's nasty!

I probably would have dropped like a fly too. I have a crappy immune system (I've been known to get severely ill just from going in the pool).

dee5

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2009
Northwest Arkansas
Ok, like one of the previous posters said you seem to be very concerned with your lung function (as you should be!) so I don't know why you are determined to try this and I don't think you should. That being said, firstly you cannot vape water no matter what kind of filler material or atomizer you use. The atomizers don't get hot enough to vaporize the water and you will ruin your atty. You are going to have to use propylene glycol or veg. glycerin to see vapor. You don't have to use any flavoring or nicotine. If you are concerned about vaping propylene glycol you can read this study:
Medicine: Air Germicide - TIME

Metstoo

ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2010
Central Florida
I figure there must be some way to vape pure water without causing any lung damage. I mean, its just water, right?

Even if you find your solution, do be careful with water as well. Use only distilled and keep your hardware very clean. You don't want anything growing in your lungs from any contaminants or bacteria.

underwater goddess

ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2010
the dark depths
  • Deleted by Lightgeoduck
  • Reason: inappropriate subject matter

underwater goddess

ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2010
the dark depths
Even if you find your solution, do be careful with water as well. Use only distilled and keep your hardware very clean. You don't want anything growing in your lungs from any contaminants or bacteria.

Thank you for letting me know. If I can figure out a way to get around the water ruining the atomizer I will make sure of this.

jo1980

Mar 22, 2010
oxford
Um am i missing somthing here ??? sexual turn on 8-o u want to start esmoking for a turn on ....... maybe fill ur life with something else i mean yea everyone has their turn on etc etc an thats fine but ur playing with fire u will try water then vg then pg then nicotine then cigs ....... then dope , my advise is dont even try it we are all here mostly to quit fags not start them .... just stand outside in the cold and breath out it will be like smoke comes out its natural ! dont start this game honestly its not worth it buddy

CaffeineFreak

ECF Veteran
Mar 18, 2010
New York
Um am i missing somthing here ??? sexual turn on 8-o u want to start esmoking for a turn on ....... maybe fill ur life with something else i mean yea everyone has their turn on etc etc an thats fine but ur playing with fire u will try water then vg then pg then nicotine then cigs ....... then dope , my advise is dont even try it we are all here mostly to quit fags not start them .... just stand outside in the cold and breath out it will be like smoke comes out its natural ! dont start this game honestly its not worth it buddy

A little hostile don't you think? She came looking for help/advice using a ecig with 0mg of nicotine and you've already forseen her as a ...... junkie. Lighten up Jo...

Rosa

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 18, 2010
Beaverton, Oregon!
A little hostile don't you think? She came looking for help/advice using a ecig with 0mg of nicotine and you've already forseen her as a ...... junkie. Lighten up Jo...

I agree with you caffeinefreak, but on the other hand I really don't think vaping is for underwatergoddess. I mean, I don't recommend anyone start a new habit if they can avoid it and some of her ideas for vaping water could actual hurt her. The last thing we need is for a non-smoker to start vaping and end up dead-watch how many states would outright ban them within the month!

jo1980

Mar 22, 2010
oxford
Did I come accross hostile if I did please accept my appology I didn't mean for that maybe I wrote it wrong , I read that they found smoking dope a turn on that's why I mentioned dope but all I was trying to say was be carfull u don't end up using nicotine I can see now what u mean by hostile honestly it was not ment that way I'm truly very sorry !:(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread