New here and new to e - cigs!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BOOMH

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 16, 2012
SPOKANE
Hi there everyone! I am new here and I am just starting my search on a e cig. I am considering the e cig because I have a little son and dont want him to be 2nd hand smoke, which i rarely ever do but would like it switch also eventually stop smoking.. So if anyone can, please help me find one or give me ideas, info etc... THANK YOU!!!

Newwell

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2011
Piece of Heaven,OR
Hi & welcome to ECF!! My advice is to browse this site, and the Info Pages (upper left below ECF logo). That's the best place to start. There are so many options. My DH & I personally started & continue to use KR808's batteries that we got in a kit. There are many kits available as are opinions on what is best. Check various sites like V4L (my favorite). Check the vendor forum on ECF. Check the New Member Forum area. Also, be sure that you check out the vocabulary library on the main forum page as there is a lot of terminology/slang terms in vaping.
Personally, my DH & I quit using cigarettes over a month ago. Got an e-cig kit & we just quit. After 40+ years, we are free & feel great. Love being able to split wood without gasping for breath. Stack a full cord the other day & never wheezed once.
Again, glad you could join us. There are a lot of very knowledgeable people here who can advise you & help you in your new journey.

brandontrjn

ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2011
Tampa!
It;s great that you're switching for your family! I recommend starting with something that's close to a regular cigarette (analog). That's what I started with and I think it helped me kick the analogs with little trouble. Check out vapeshot.com, their stuff is really close to analogs and you can find coupon codes to get a discount.

If you want something larger (like cigar sized or bigger) there are many options out there as well. These will have longer battery life than a regular sized e-cig but are definitely much different than carrying a cig sized starter unit.

Could you reply in this thread about what you are specifically hoping to find?

stephpd

ECF Veteran
Nov 24, 2011
Delaware
Welcome! Glad you are here. :) My best advice is start with an Ego/Kgo/Riva type pv. The battery charging on the little ones is annoying. And you will have more options if you stick with a 510 connection.

I second that.

For me they are far superior to all the cigarette look-a-likes. With most of these Ego type clones you get a much larger battery and with the 510 threads a large portion of the aftermarket parts that will screw right on.

Kits start around $30-60 and come with two batteries a couple attys and some cartridges. You may also benefit from some good cartos, like the Smoktech 1.7ohm and Boge 2.0 ohm. They have been fairly consistent in quality and give a great vape.

BOOMH

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 16, 2012
SPOKANE
Welcome! Glad you are here. :) My best advice is start with an Ego/Kgo/Riva type pv. The battery charging on the little ones is annoying. And you will have more options if you stick with a 510 connection.

Thanks, will look into those types.

Hi & welcome to ECF!! My advice is to browse this site, and the Info Pages (upper left below ECF logo). That's the best place to start. There are so many options. My DH & I personally started & continue to use KR808's batteries that we got in a kit. There are many kits available as are opinions on what is best. Check various sites like V4L (my favorite). Check the vendor forum on ECF. Check the New Member Forum area. Also, be sure that you check out the vocabulary library on the main forum page as there is a lot of terminology/slang terms in vaping.
Personally, my DH & I quit using cigarettes over a month ago. Got an e-cig kit & we just quit. After 40+ years, we are free & feel great. Love being able to split wood without gasping for breath. Stack a full cord the other day & never wheezed once.
Again, glad you could join us. There are a lot of very knowledgeable people here who can advise you & help you in your new journey.

Thank you, will browse on this site and look into more info and go with what best works for me. I know what you mean, I can't even run my dogs for awhile and I'm dieing for a smoke and/or air.

brandontrjn

ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2011
Tampa!
wow, so far I notice you guys are using terms I have no clue about. LOL i really need to start doing some research and get some knowledge on different times and options of e cigs. Only ones I know is the Smart Smokes being sold locally at malls and stores.

Check out the "terminology" thread at the top of the forum too. Lots of good info there.

stephpd

ECF Veteran
Nov 24, 2011
Delaware
wow, so far I notice you guys are using terms I have no clue about. LOL i really need to start doing some research and get some knowledge on different times and options of e cigs. Only ones I know is the Smart Smokes being sold locally at malls and stores.

Just ask your questions here.

Things like atty = atomizer. They need a cartridge or drip tip to vape with.

Carto = cartromizer. That's a atty and cartridge in one unit.
These are far cheaper, and disposable, though you can refill them a few times.
They also give more consistent hits then atty's and hold lots more liquid.

Charlz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 14, 2011
upstate NY
Stay away from anything sold in the stores. If you want to know, ask the clerk who sells them. It's funny the responses you get.

the two models you want to try are the 510 and the Kr808d-1.

For cig styles, aka analog style, aka slim style pvs, the 510 models aren't that powerful but offer more options to upgrade with.

The Kr808-d models are stonger pv style and do a better job simulating a cigarette but are only now catching up to the 510 as far as upgrade ability to a longer lasting battery. Typical vendors on the forums that are popular in the kr808d-1 style e-cig are Bloog, Smokeless Image, and V4l (vapor for life)

The batteries provide 1-3 hours of vaping and for days you are finding yourself needing to vape more you are going to need extra batteries or a pcc (personal charging case)

If you are a heavy smoker and smoke a pack or more a day you may want to look into a bigger battery. Typical bigger batteries allow you to fill your cartomizers at night and vape most of the day without having to worry about being near a charger or carrying extra batteries.

The Ego/the Riva/the Kgo and the Echo are all great options. Good luck!
-and you can typically get a good larger battery kit for less than those cheap toys you find in the store.

Last edited:

txtumbleweed

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2009
Walla Walla

Some of the ecf members that are on the social group vaperheads of eastern Washington are planning getting together and they would be a real good local source to help you. There are several members from Spokane. I don't know how many posts you need to post in the social forums but I would check it out.

Newwell

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2011
Piece of Heaven,OR

Check here for some of the info & terminology: The ECF Library

BOOMH

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 16, 2012
SPOKANE
There is a vapor lounge in Spokane where you can test different PV's and different juices. I've never been there because I live in Walla Walla but I've read about it on the forum. They might be a little more expensive there but you could find out what you like and get lots of info.

oh wow did not know that. I will look into that. Thank you!

BOOMH

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 16, 2012
SPOKANE
Stay away from those, they are generally overpriced and weak. PV personally vaporizer, 510 and 808 are the battery connection type.

Thanks!

Stay away from anything sold in the stores. If you want to know, ask the clerk who sells them. It's funny the responses you get.

the two models you want to try are the 510 and the Kr808d-1.

For cig styles, aka analog style, aka slim style pvs, the 510 models aren't that powerful but offer more options to upgrade with.

The Kr808-d models are stonger pv style and do a better job simulating a cigarette but are only now catching up to the 510 as far as upgrade ability to a longer lasting battery. Typical vendors on the forums that are popular in the kr808d-1 style e-cig are Bloog, Smokeless Image, and V4l (vapor for life)

The batteries provide 1-3 hours of vaping and for days you are finding yourself needing to vape more you are going to need extra batteries or a pcc (personal charging case)

If you are a heavy smoker and smoke a pack or more a day you may want to look into a bigger battery. Typical bigger batteries allow you to fill your cartomizers at night and vape most of the day without having to worry about being near a charger or carrying extra batteries.

The Ego/the Riva/the Kgo and the Echo are all great options. Good luck!
-and you can typically get a good larger battery kit for less than those cheap toys you find in the store.

thanks for the info. it is very helpful.

Just ask your questions here.

Things like atty = atomizer. They need a cartridge or drip tip to vape with.

Carto = cartromizer. That's a atty and cartridge in one unit.
These are far cheaper, and disposable, though you can refill them a few times.
They also give more consistent hits then atty's and hold lots more liquid.

Some of the ecf members that are on the social group vaperheads of eastern Washington are planning getting together and they would be a real good local source to help you. There are several members from Spokane. I don't know how many posts you need to post in the social forums but I would check it out.

Thanks, i will look into the social forums.

Check here for some of the info & terminology: The ECF Library

thanks!

Hi there fellow newbie! This is my first post, but i have been reading everything I can find for about 2 weeks and researching A LOT! (this is an awesome forum!). I decided to order the 510 ONE kit from aquavaporcig.com and I received it yesterday around noon. I have not had an analog since and I could not be happier (full-time smoker for 30 years). My husband was skeptical but after he tried mine, we immediately got on the site and ordered him a kit too! We loaded up my supplies and went to see his mom (6 months cancer-free from lung cancer and treatment) who has smoked her whole life and continues. She was very impressed as well and we got her a kit ordered too! This is my first e-cig experience, but it has been a good one and for the first time ever, I believe this will be my success story. This one is working for me so I wanted to share with you. Do your research and give it a try! Best of luck to you!

Newwell

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2011
Piece of Heaven,OR
hi there fellow newbie! This is my first post, but i have been reading everything i can find for about 2 weeks and researching a lot! (this is an awesome forum!). I decided to order the 510 one kit from aquavaporcig.com and i received it yesterday around noon. I have not had an analog since and i could not be happier (full-time smoker for 30 years). My husband was skeptical but after he tried mine, we immediately got on the site and ordered him a kit too! We loaded up my supplies and went to see his mom (6 months cancer-free from lung cancer and treatment) who has smoked her whole life and continues. She was very impressed as well and we got her a kit ordered too! This is my first e-cig experience, but it has been a good one and for the first time ever, i believe this will be my success story. This one is working for me so i wanted to share with you. Do your research and give it a try! Best of luck to you!

wow, awesome!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread