New Here, Just want to make sure I'm spending my $ on a good product.

Status
Not open for further replies.

override

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2009
Danbury, TX
Hello to all,

This is my 2nd post now, to veritas88 I'm sorry I posted on your noob thread but for some reason at that time it told me I could not creat my own posts....Weird? Neways sorry bout that intrusion...

Thanks to SmokeyJoe for fixing my account up! I hope this one will actually post now.:p

Ok, I have known about the E-Cig for quite some time now. A friend of my girlfriend had bought one of these little guys and introduced it to me. She let me test it out and told me what little information she new about it. I was very disatisfied with the product, along with a steep price tag I opted to keep smoking at $6 a pack/day. After seeing a video about 2 days ago I was turned back on to trying it. The biggest concern I had with my first experience was the lack of vapor that I could draw from the dang thing and the amount of effort it took just to get that one puff...After seeing the video the other day (news channel talking about them) interviewing a guy that has is own store in some mall somewhere selling the "smoke anywhere E-Cig" it showed different instances of people drawing on one of these e-cigs that produced ALOT of vapor with minimal effort.

I also liked the fact that it looked like a cigarette and was about the same size as one aswell! The price tag is somewhat steep @ $150 for the full bundled kit. Upon seeing the video, I decided to explore a little bit more and found SS Choice No.7 Start Kits, Gamucci Start Kits, the njoy starter kit, Flavia and LUCI starter kits. The sites that I got these kits from were ecigaretteschoice.com and ecigarettesnational.com

Of these that I have found, the Smoke Everywhere Kit, No.7 Kit and Gamucci Kits seem like more or less what I wanted. I'm really going the most for the No.7 Starter kit, I like the way it looks, and it comes in at a fair price for the kit @ about $70.

The problem I now face is, are any of these brands good? Are the websites I found them on reliable and safe? What is the difference between manual and auto? What is an analog? I noticed you can buy cartride refills with flavoring, or you can buy "juice" or "refill liquid". Don't want you guys to think that Im trying to skip out on all the legwork, but this is something I want to do NOW, not something that I want to read about for a week to find no useful info, or nothing but ad's saying "buy me".

Now that I got all that out, here is some basics about myself...

-I live in Texas
-I smoke Marlboro No.27's @ about a pack to pack and half a day.
-I enjoy smoking alot, I enjoy the taste of tobacco, so im not sure how partial I will be to flavorings.
-I am unemployed and looking to save money on cigs, not to mention savce my health, I dont want to quite, I enjoy smoking very much.

Thanks for any help you guys can give to a noob!
Robert

Last edited:
Hi, I'm new too. I don't have mine yet but I asked similar questions. From what everyone told me the best one to try first is the Joye 510 at around $40 for a starter kit. I don't have anymore information but I have found the other members here to be wonderful and willing to answer ANY questions you have. Good luck!

siap

ECF Veteran
Sep 1, 2009
KY, USA
I don't have any experience with Smoking Everywhere, aside from trying it in a mall, but from what I've read on here, I would tell you to stay FAR AWAY from Smoking Everywhere. I have the Joye 510 and am VERY pleased with it. You should definitely get a manual atomizer. The automatic ones are inconsistent and I've hear they can even be activated sometimes by loud noises. That could be embarrassing!

override

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2009
Danbury, TX
Ok, I have been reading and googling for info... I have read that for an E-Cig that is about the size of a regular "analog" to get the M401 or DSE103. The M402 and 403 are supposed to be good choices aswell, problem is what the heck do I search for to find em? From what I found so far the Manufactorer of these is Shenzhen Smoore!?

JOYe 510 manual has been recommended alot, aswell has the DSE901 manual and it seems Wholesale E-Cigarette - China Ruyan Wholesale - Discount Electronic Cigarette Wholesale From China has them @ 70% off going for $29.99.

I guess basically what it all comes down to from watching different reviews so far and reading diff info, I wont be disatisfied with the M401, DSE103, or the JOYe510. I would be more apt to go with the 401 or 103 because I want the look and feel of an "analog".

I'm still swaying more for automatic in the case that smoking and driving is the best way to smoke an analog and I tend to smoke alot without my hands. I like to play with the analog alot but I tend to always draw without using my hands. The information I get on the auto's is they are noise activated (seems they would activate when you suck on them, not by noise) and have a 5 second draw time. So the biggest downfall to an auto is only having 5 seconds to draw on. Can you draw back to back? or does it have like a 2 or 3 second wait period?

Also after seeing more pics and looking at more reviews, I have determined that my girlfriends friend had a JOYe 510. She had an auto, and from what I remember when she showed me the cartridge the cotton or wool (whatever the material is) was packed in and not loose like I have seen. That obviously was the reason for not getting a good draw, also she was having me take long/hard draws, not easy and smooth draws. No wonder it was so disatisfing.

I hope I can make a up my mind, I wish there was a store in this area that sold the dang things. I'd really like to see more of the models in person, it seems like all the pics I find are somewhat of lower quality and size.

Thanks for all the friendly advice so far!

Just found this on youtube.com - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vvyE4tRVLq0

This is for the auto super mini (I want to say it was DSE) he says part # RN4081....Neways, he shows a neat find on how to produce much, much more vapor from teh E-Cig!

Found em', these are a good price, 2 of everything with chargers in a starter kit for $58!
Give me your opinions guys, if anyone has used these before or has a different website to offer or even a better product that is very similar please post, Im still learning all of the diff models and brands!

Last edited:

jlcanary

ECF Veteran
Sep 11, 2009
Owensboro, Ky
I was kind of like that when I first learned about e-cigs. I wanted one NOW not later. So I ordered my first one from blucigs - biggest mistake I ever made - but while I waited the 6 weeks before I got my starter kit I did a lot of research. My second decision was to go with a DSE901 from vaporkings.com and I am not disappointed with my choice. I love this PV. I am off analogs completely and I love it. I have manual and automatic batteries. I like both, but I prefer the automatic. It just seems easier. My auto batteries for the dse901 are not noise sensitive like other batteries either, or wind sensitive. I can hang it out my car window and it won't come on. Anyway, here are some websites you might want to give a look see, just to see some other products.

vaporkings.com
ecigexpress.com
totallywicked-eliquid.com
rockymountainvapor.com

just a few with a couple different products to look at.

override

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2009
Danbury, TX
First off I'd like to thank you for your comments and critisims! I love how friendly and full of advice everyone seems to be at this forum! jlcanary, thanks for the links you have provided I will deff bookmark those!

To halfevildruid (sounds like you play DDO) thanks for the link and advice to stay away from that site I linked. Im not sure if it got taken off or I forgot to put the link at the bottom of the vid on my last post but the site was, White Super Mini E Cigarettes Kit, Car Charger Cord + Case - $58.00 : e cigarettes, The electronic cigarette store that I found the RN4801 Super Mini E-Cig at for that nice looking deal.

My question is (since Im not sure as to what the RN4801 specifically relates to) is this http://www.healthcabin.net/dse103-wholesale-1032.html the same as the RN4801? Or is it better? You said you ordered the same deal and it took 3 1/2 weeks to get to you, so I assume you have tried out the RN4801? Did you like the product? Or were you happier with the DSE103?

Thanks again guys for all the helpful info so far! One thing I did like about the $58.00 deal on that RN4801 was it came with two batterys and atomizers, etc etc. and my girlfriends father may take up the E-Cig aswell so I figured that would deff be a heck of a deal if me and him went in on it and if not then I would have two of em...! Except that they are sold out.....

Last edited:

GrimmGreen

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Jan 30, 2009
Carson City, Nevada, United States
just to echo what most everyone else has already said , get a 901 or a 510 , there are TONS of good vendors out there like esmokeytreats , dietsmokes , rockmountainvapor , thehouseofvapor , they all sell good products and deliver great customer service.

don't mess around with smoking everywhere. 1 thing to remember is the more your device looks like a normal cigarette the worse it will perform , generally speaking.

To halfevildruid (sounds like you play DDO) thanks for the link and advice to stay away from that site I linked.

To clarify, it's the free shipping on that item that is slow. They give you the choice to pay for EMS shipping which is fast. I was not warning against the site as a whole, I am sure they do good business, just the free shipping method.

I am a gamer, and I always get people bringing up WoW to me. Many insist they know me, but alas I don't play it. Must be someone there with my name.

Keep in mind the smaller the kit the least likely it will perform the way you want it.

I have vaped the following models:
M201, M401, M801, Njoy Ncig, DE5082, DSE103, J118, DSE-801, Pipe 601, Blu, Joye510, and DSE901.

The only ones I use consistently are the 510, Pipe, and J118 Manual.
J118 is a knockoff of the 901, if I need an autoomatic I use the 901.

I suggest the 510 with PCC. to start. Maybe your girlfriends friend just had a not so good atty. It happens.

override

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2009
Danbury, TX
To clarify, it's the free shipping on that item that is slow. They give you the choice to pay for EMS shipping which is fast. I was not warning against the site as a whole, I am sure they do good business, just the free shipping method.

I am a gamer, and I always get people bringing up WoW to me. Many insist they know me, but alas I don't play it. Must be someone there with my name.

Keep in mind the smaller the kit the least likely it will perform the way you want it.

I have vaped the following models:
M201, M401, M801, Njoy Ncig, DE5082, DSE103, J118, DSE-801, Pipe 601, Blu, Joye510, and DSE901.

The only ones I use consistently are the 510, Pipe, and J118 Manual.
J118 is a knockoff of the 901, if I need an autoomatic I use the 901.

I suggest the 510 with PCC. to start. Maybe your girlfriends friend just had a not so good atty. It happens.

Ah Ok, cool! So was your experience with the DSE103 satisfactory? It seems to be a very fair priced product, and me being unemployed I would be more apt to go with cheaper, unless better is only a step around the corner.

Im sure many people think of WoW when they see your name, half evil, druid. In the MMORPG that I play (Dungeons and Dragons online) you have a Druid build you can unock with favor and when it comes to your side you can go, good, evil, half good, etc ( I cant remember the terms...lol). So just seeing your name made me think DDO....hehe

Once again guys thanks for the information! I feel im coming closer to narrowing down which E-Cig I am wanting to buy!

kristin

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Aug 16, 2009
CASAA - Wisconsin
casaa.org
One thing I did like about the $58.00 deal on that RN4801 was it came with two batterys and atomizers, etc etc. and my girlfriends father may take up the E-Cig aswell so I figured that would deff be a heck of a deal if me and him went in on it and if not then I would have two of em...! Except that they are sold out.....

No, you WANT two batteries and two atomizers for swapping out as they die.

Also, the sensitivity of the automatics uses up battery power - you'll wish you got manual batteries.

Finally, EVERYONE starts off wanting as close to an analog as possible and finally realizes that the further away from you get from trying to clone an analog the better your vaping experience.

The 510 still feels a lot like an analog. If you really need the look, get it in white. It's a smidge longer than a 100 analog.

Keep in mind that the more it looks like a cigarette, the more hassle you get in non-smoking places. My husband is 28 and originally wanted an analog look. He now uses a black 510 with a blue LED and is totally cool with it.

Take our advice and save yourself wasting money - especially if you don't have a job right now!

Here's what I tell newbies to get for a successful start to PVs:

Joye 510 starter kit with manual batteries
PCC (Personal Charger Case)
Flavored liquids (in addition to a tobacco flavor to try)
Kits: Liberty Electronic Cigarettes One-stop shopping. USA. Free shipping. Good warranty policy. Customizable kits. Kit includes 2 batteries (black or white/auto or manual/orange or blue LED) to mix & match , 2 atties, pre-stuffed carts & extra filler, choice of USB or A/C charger. $49.95. Site has all the add ons/extras you'll want/need. Liquids are decent.) PCC kit includes color choice, extra battery, atty and carts $36.00 on sale now. Or get just the PCC for $24.00.
Liquid: Nhaler USA. Order over $100 gets free shipping. Worth the $10 shipping otherwise. He also has 10% off special coupon codes. Larger bottles (30ml). Great flavors with great vapor. High Voltage is the best vapor and flavor.

hyperdeficit

ECF Veteran
May 6, 2009
Lucas, Texas
nah you want a 510, you can get them at rockymountainvapor (cheap) totally wicked.
pretty much anywhere but 50 or 60 dollars for a starter kit is about right.

A 510 is the best e cig on the market hands down. best vapor production, and a manual battery so you can hit it as long as you want. I used to have a 901 and i didnt like it that but after I got a 510 i stopped smoking tobacco cigarettes completely

you want one that comes with two batteries and two atomizers. just in case something happens. i always try to have on hand two batteries and 3 atomizers at least but for a starter kit two of each is fine.

i recomend getting a bunch of sampler bottles get a couple tobacco flavors and fruit flavors.

If you are about a pack a day i recomend getting one bottle of 12 mg nicotine and one 14 or 15 mgs.

My first purchase I went with 18 mgs and this was too high for me.

somebody on the forum had a quote that i thought was pretty good. "whatever nicotine level you think you need, you dont. Most people need one lower nic level than they think they do"

Last edited:

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego

MissMawee

Sep 1, 2009
Rhode Island
Congratulations on thinking of giving PVs another try, and you came to the right place for information! I wish I had found this site before I started buying products.
Basically, I made a classic newbie mistake. Those kits that look like real analogs with an automatic switch are usually overpriced and will just not cut it for the average smoker who needs more vapor and throat hit. I learned this the hard way. :rolleyes:
Seeing that you smoke over a pack a day you'll probably want a 510 starter kit. I can't vouch for any other e-cig models (aside from those little analog-looking ones), but I know my 510 changed my life. The manual battery and vapor production are out of this world. You can get a starter kit for as low as $35, and I think that's the best part!
There is a learning curve but you'll get used to it and really love it. It becomes sort of a hobby as well as satisfying your cravings. :p
And yes, you'll want at LEAST 2 batteries for yourself, to use one while charging the other.

jennyhadadot

ECF Veteran
Jul 5, 2009
Just to echo the sentiments of others here...for a first e-cig the joye 510 is a winner hands down. The starter kits are good, but if you can afford it, get 2 starter kits. I've seen them for $39 from my favorite supplier Heaven-Gifts. You just can't beat the 510 for the price. Now, if you want to go higher end..check out the Janty Kissbox. Excellent! But...if you want the Best of the Best, get a Prodigy it can't be beat. But I don't recommend going higher end until you dertermine if vaping is for you. If you get the 510, I think you will become a vaper!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread