New here need advice please

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jonnybarr91

Feb 7, 2018
Those who make your own juices,
Is there a certain brand you like to use?

I’ve started mixing my own and using mainly Capella atm but there suggested percentage is 15-20% mix which is quite high compared to others ? I like my flavour strong so having to make a 70vg/30pg with around 25% of it being flavouring.

Any advice will be great !

Reactions: stols001

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Thanks mate I’ll post it in there as well
Responding to each reply can be daunting.
If you choose, you can click "like" (The thumbs up) icon,or scroll over the other icons, at bottom right hand corner of this post, and this action will notify the respondent of your base/subsequent response(s).
I saw that you posted in DIY forum and wondered if my message got through. Now,I see that it did.

Jonnybarr91

Feb 7, 2018
That is really high for capella. Who suggested that amount? Start around 3% and work up. What flavor is it?
Well on the website I buy it from that’s what it says and where I have read online topics show Capella say 15-20% this is prettty much the same on all their concentrates? I know I read them at they have no sweeteners in also but everywhere I read it seems to be in that percentage range

Jonnybarr91

Feb 7, 2018
I like many makers juices. Flavor Art is considered strong, typically, by others and I find it to be so. You may want to try some of their flavorings to see if you can get your percentages down. Really, though, I find "recommended" percentages to be just that. I typically will flavor on the lower end of the scale, and now that I DIY I find many juices to be overflavored and/or understeeped. That may be part of your problem as well, however, as some juices flavor profiles really only shine after a fair amount of time has passed, anywhere from a week to a month.

There are methods of "rapid" steeping but I do personally find them to be inconsistent at best. I would mix up some of the flavors you have and not touch them (at lower percentages) other than shaking periodically for at least two weeks. You may find you need less flavoring that way. But really, each flavor from ANY maker is going to hit your "sweet spot" at a different percentage.

Berries and fruits tend to need a bit less time, so you may want to start with some of those flavors as well.

Best of luck,

Anna
I do only have the berry’s and fruit flavours, I also have made a blueberry donut but know that needs longer steeping time,

So I made a blue raspberry cotton candy

70/30
13% FW blue raspberry
4% blue berry xtra CAP
10% blue raspberry cotton candy CAP
3% raspberry CAP

AND after 2 weeks the flavour is there but not that strong!

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
I do only have the berry’s and fruit flavours, I also have made a blueberry donut but know that needs longer steeping time,

So I made a blue raspberry cotton candy

70/30
13% FW blue raspberry
4% blue berry xtra CAP
10% blue raspberry cotton candy CAP
3% raspberry CAP

AND after 2 weeks the flavour is there but not that strong!
One of the flavors that is muting the taste is the cotton candy. It is nothing but em and at that % will mute flavors. em or cotton candy is not a sweetner but to add some mouth feel(body) to a mix.

• Useful

Jonnybarr91

Feb 7, 2018
Which flavors and which websites?

:)
I’m in uk
And one called Rainbowvapes it’s online,

So I have
CAPELLA- blueberry extra, peach, sweet strawberry, harvest berry, blue raspberry cotton candy, raspberry, black cherry, wild cherry, glazed donut

FW- blue raspberry

These are what I have so far

Jonnybarr91

Feb 7, 2018
One of the flavors that is muting the taste is the cotton candy. It is nothing but em and at that % will mute flavors. em or cotton candy is not a sweetner but to add some mouth feel(body) to a mix.
Oh I see ! So maybe a very lower percentage of the blue cotton candy with higher blueberry and raspberry would be better ?

• Agree

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
Oh I see ! So maybe a very lower percentage of the blue cotton candy with higher blueberry and raspberry would be better ?
Yes, I would try a lowered pct but wait to taste and allow a few days to steep before upping any of the other flavors.

• Agree

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
Some of the juice makers use much higher pcts in their ejuices and lots of sweeteners in their mixes for a couple of reasons. New vapers that are just coming off from smoking cannot taste very well. That is because the smoking kills or dulls taste buds so they want to make sure you can taste their juice. 2nd higher flavor pcts do not require as long of steep times so there is usually no waiting to vape the juice.

• Informative

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Well using Capella 25% of total flavour combined doesn’t make me gag and the flavour is still quite low so maybe try TFA and FA liquids
Welcome and glad you joined.
Nor does 25% make me gag either, we are all different.
Might want to post in:
https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/forums/diy-e-liquid.38/
Here is a quick look into DIY, might like to visit:
Getting Started: DIY 101 – Mixing Your Own eLiquid
diy_beginners_guide - DIY_eJuice
http://www.ecigexpress.com/shop/diy-e-liquid/diyordie-concentrates.html
http://www.ejuicemakers.com/help/
How to get started mixing your own DIY e liquids.
diy_beginners_guide - DIY_eJuice

• Informative
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread