New here & need some help!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thuggnasty

May 24, 2015
Hey everyone!
I've been vaping for 5-6 months now & still occasionally switching back to cigarettes >..>
I really want to switch to vaping entirely I've just ran into a lot of problems with it.

Currently I have a K100 mod, with a Mini Nautilus tank, I've been vaping good on that for about two weeks it doesn't exactly hit as hard as I'd like it to.
There is a ton of different mods & tanks , so I'm looking for suggestions on how I can get my Vape to hit a little harder, do I need a new Mod? Or do I need a new tank?
I was looking into a Kanger tank, or a Tumbler possibly...
But they are both cheaper than mine & apparently Nautilus are suppose to be very good?
& I've seen people running a Halo Triton mods with Kanger tanks ( would cost like 30$ total ) for the entire set up & it's hitting harder than mine ?
Would really appreciate help guys (;

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
The BVC nautilus coils on a 4.2v K100 is going to be low-low/middle vapor production set-up.

There is nothing wrong with the mini Nautilus and i.m.o getting an old tech Kanger tank or Smok tumbler is a certain downgrade.

Halo don't make/sell 'mods' so I guess you are thinking of some sort of eGo battery. That's not going to get the job done either.

What you need is a variable power battery (eGo) or mod (box or tube) and release the potential of those Nautilus coils. They're not as strong performers as a Kanger subtank, but they are very good.

Let me put it this way... there are now hundreds of tanks on the market which will work on hundreds of batteries/mods. Most of the hardware from the last two years is more or less obsolete, so be careful what you buy. In it's class, the Aspire mini Nautilus is one of the best... give it a chance. :)

evan le'garde

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2013
Hey everyone!
I've been vaping for 5-6 months now & still occasionally switching back to cigarettes >..>
I really want to switch to vaping entirely I've just ran into a lot of problems with it.

Currently I have a K100 mod, with a Mini Nautilus tank, I've been vaping good on that for about two weeks it doesn't exactly hit as hard as I'd like it to.
There is a ton of different mods & tanks , so I'm looking for suggestions on how I can get my Vape to hit a little harder, do I need a new Mod? Or do I need a new tank?
But they are both cheaper than mine & apparently Nautilus are suppose to be very good?
& I've seen people running a Halo Triton mods with Kanger tanks ( would cost like 30$ total ) for the entire set up & it's hitting harder than mine ?

I've just read your op !.

An affordable solution :

Vamo V7....... not 6 or 5 etc.
Kanger Subtank Mini.
2x Sony VTC4 18650 batteries
18650 battery Charger. xtar etc.

The Kanger Subtank Mini will produce a reasonable good volumous cloud of vapour right out of the box at 25 watts. I'd recommend the RBA deck in the Subtank Mini but plenty of people use the OCC coils, don't know why though !.

Note : The Subtank works best with direct lung draws.

Reactions: djsvapour

Thuggnasty

May 24, 2015
K100 is a mechanical, What is the coil resistance? Mechs don't really shine over 1 ohm they work but not great in most cases and a dual coil over one ohm will struggle

I have no idea like I said I am still new & the vape shop I bought it from literally explained nothing to me I just asked for an affordable mod to get started with a tank & dripper.

I've just read your op !.

An affordable solution :

Vamo V7....... not 6 or 5 etc.
Kanger Subtank Mini.
2x Sony VTC4 18650 batteries
18650 battery Charger. xtar etc.

The Kanger Subtank Mini will produce a reasonable good volumous cloud of vapour right out of the box at 25 watts. I'd recommend the RBA deck in the Subtank Mini but plenty of people use the OCC coils, don't know why though !.

Note : The Subtank works best with direct lung draws.

What do you think that would come out to price wise?

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
I have no idea like I said I am still new & the vape shop I bought it from literally explained nothing to me I just asked for an affordable mod to get started with a tank & dripper.

Your vape shop did you a disfavor by recommending a K100 with mini Nautilus. Both are fine on their own, but it's not a good combo. If the battery in your K100 is good quality, you can maybe use Kanger subtank on it, but ONLY (ONLY) if the battery is powerful enough.

Thuggnasty

May 24, 2015
Your vape shop did you a disfavor by recommending a K100 with mini Nautilus. Both are fine on their own, but it's not a good combo. If the battery in your K100 is good quality, you can maybe use Kanger subtank on it, but ONLY (ONLY) if the battery is powerful enough.

I believe the two battery's I have boughten are both good.
3.7v

evan le'garde

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2013
What do you think that would come out to price wise?[/QUOTE]

If you were talking to me then :

You're in the states right ?. I honestly have no idea about how much these items cost over there. I know they are cheaper there than in the UK though. If i paid £28 for my Vamo V7 here and the equivalent in dollars is $43 i'd guess you get one for a whole lot less. Same could be said for the Subtank which i paid £26 for. The batteries cost £8 each and the charger, single bay, cost me £10. All these items are a lot less in the states than the equilalent in £'s that i paid.

Excellent setup for the price, you simply won't believe it.

The Vamo V7 is a 40 watt device. Enough for the Subtank with plenty to spare.

And, depending on where you buy it, the minimum ohm limit is actually 0.5'ish, but you may find descriptions saying otherwise. All i know is my Vamo V7 is supposed to go to 0.5 , that's according to the description from the vendor i bought it from, but for some reason mine has gone as low as 0.4. Go figure !

Last edited:

Thuggnasty

May 24, 2015
If you were talking to me then :

You're in the states right ?. I honestly have no idea about how much these items cost over there. I know they are cheaper there than in the UK though. If i paid £28 for my Vamo V7 here and the equivalent in dollars is $43 i'd guess you get one for a whole lot less. Same could be said for the Subtank which i paid £26 for. The batteries cost £8 each and the charger, single bay, cost me £10. All these items are a lot less in the states than the equilalent in £'s that i paid.

Excellent setup for the price, you simply won't believe it.

The Vamo V7 is a 40 watt device. Enough for the Subtank with plenty to spare.

And, depending on where you buy it, the minimum ohm limit is actually 0.5'ish, but you may find descriptions saying otherwise. All i know is my Vamo V7 is supposed to go to 0.5 , that's according to the description from the vendor i bought it from, but for some reason mine has gone as low as 0.4. Go figure !

Thanks a lot for all the help truly, this is looking like my best bet I'm gonna research online & try it out...
I appreciate it an have a nice day!

Paul Smale

May 24, 2015
Plymouth UK
More vapour lol your never going to beat a dripper with a tank for more vapour unless~ Drippers produce clouds they give the effect of ramping up everything from throat hit to vapor production. I'd recommend upping your nicotine level, throat hit is controlled by the amount of nicotine, watts alone might burn your throat but long term satisfaction comes from having a high enough nic level to eradicate your craving. Cigarette's don't really produce a throat hit comparable to vaping.
From my research the only tank out there that produces the effect of a dripper in a tank is the Aspire Atlantis

Ohm Gnome

Apr 27, 2015
Douglasville Ga
More vapour lol your never going to beat a dripper with a tank for more vapour unless~ Drippers produce clouds they give the effect of ramping up everything from throat hit to vapor production. I'd recommend upping your nicotine level, throat hit is controlled by the amount of nicotine, watts alone might burn your throat but long term satisfaction comes from having a high enough nic level to eradicate your craving. Cigarette's don't really produce a throat hit comparable to vaping.
From my research the only tank out there that produces the effect of a dripper in a tank is the Aspire Atlantis

The Atlantis is old news. Lots of tanks blow it away now.

Lova

ECF Veteran
Nov 5, 2014
Finland
I personally would go with eGo One XL and perhaps another tank, like the Kanger Subtank Nano on top of that. 2200mah battery and sub-ohm coils with affordable price (~$40-60/£25-40/35-60€) should give you everything you want. Vamos are kinda outdated nowadays and there are tons of options to choose from which don't end up looking like a lightsaber.

I'll list a few different setups and a guesstimated price range of each setup and you can pick the ones you want (1 tank from tanks, 1 mod from mods) or 1 from standalones:

Tanks:
Aspire Nautilus or Nautilus Mini (1.8ohm coils, might want to concider getting a variable wattage device for this one, although it works on an ego battery also)
Price: ~$25/£15/25€

Kanger Subtank, Subtank Mini, Subtank Nano or Subtank Plus (0.5ohm coils, all mods I link here are suitable for 0.5ohm coils)
Price: ~$45/£30/45€

Joyetech Delta 2 (0.5ohm coil again)
Price: ~$35/£30/35€

Aspire Atlantis or Atlantis 2 (0.5ohm coils for Atlantis 1, 0.2ohm for Atlantis 2)
Price: ~$40/£30/40€

Mods:
eLeaf iStick 30W or 50W (50W fires down to 0.2ohms while 30W fires down to 0.5ohms)
Price: ~$45/£35/55€ for 30W and ~$55/£45/65€ for 50W

eGo One XL (best bought as a kit with the eGo One XL tank and chargers, if not, get the recommended charger and the Kanger Subtank Nano)
Price: ~$40/£30/50€

Aspire CF-SubOhm battery (Not mod!)
Price: ~$30/£25/30€

Completely stand alone kits:
Joyetech eGrip
Price: ~$45/£40/50€

eGo One XL kit (tank, battery and charger)
Price: ~$40-60/£25-40/35-60€

Just keep in mind these are just guesstimated prices, if you want to buy any of these setups, just get them from where you can find them cheapest.

I might have also missed some tanks or mods from this one, so if someone has anything to add, please do so :)

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Hey everyone!

I might have Missed it. But what Nicotine Level are you using right now?

Paul Smale

May 24, 2015
Plymouth UK
Exactly the help the op needs. I was letting him know that the Atlantis in the video was old news. I hope op listens to the sound advice that was given before the Atlantis post
It might be old news but it performs extremely well otherwise there would not be the wealth of videos there are about it posted on youtube, plus as its been superseded by the version two which only achieves a slightly larger airflow and tank capacity the price is ultra low. That with a cheap regulated box like an istick 30w bought on ebay should do the poster nicely. Or just the istick 30w to pump up his mini nautilus and keep his vape consistent. The problem with your k100 is as your battery fades so does your vape. The poster did mention he liked his dripper just prob hated the dripping so maybe one day he will opt for a squonker.
I'd consider the Atlantis myself as prefer a shorter looking tank to some of the ungainly looking Kangers. Kangers often seem to be a work in progress.
I'd stay away from Vamos unless your a fan of lightsabers, bought a Siegeli Zmax once which is quite similar and sold it on the same day lol, even the Provari is on the verge of becoming obsolete. Get yourself a good quality $30 box mod and regulate your vape on the nautilus to make it consistent ~simples :thumb:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread