New Iatty rocks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Psychomaster

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2011
USA
Well, the Iatty I got from Para took some getting used to. I made 5 coils and only two of them lasted. One actually caught fire! I knew I screwed up on that one, lol. It wasn't big or anything, but it was maybe a 1/2 inch, so it was noticeable (obviously I dry burnt, dumb me). After a lot of tinkering, the only thing I have a problem with is getting the Iatty to wick consistently, but I am learning! I am so happy with the Iatty it is ridiculous!

I love the taste (when I dont burn the plastic on accident! I think I made the R wire a little too long and it is over the sides of the ceramic), the draw is airy, but I get so much vapor that it doesn't even bother me! I don't got a multimeter, but I can tell you this: any coil on the Iatty can take 7.4 volts if made properly! I had one snap after using, but that is okay, I learned to just drip and try, don't fill the tank!

Sorry for ranting/raving, I am just that happy!

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
well done psycho!! Very nice to hear that Iatty works for you as you wanted buddy:):)
Well, the Iatty I got from Para took some getting used to. I made 5 coils and only two of them lasted. One actually caught fire! I knew I screwed up on that one, lol. It wasn't big or anything, but it was maybe a 1/2 inch, so it was noticeable (obviously I dry burnt, dumb me). After a lot of tinkering, the only thing I have a problem with is getting the Iatty to wick consistently, but I am learning! I am so happy with the Iatty it is ridiculous!

I love the taste (when I dont burn the plastic on accident! I think I made the R wire a little too long and it is over the sides of the ceramic), the draw is airy, but I get so much vapor that it doesn't even bother me! I don't got a multimeter, but I can tell you this: any coil on the Iatty can take 7.4 volts if made properly! I had one snap after using, but that is okay, I learned to just drip and try, don't fill the tank!

Sorry for ranting/raving, I am just that happy!

Psychomaster

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2011
USA
well done psycho!! Very nice to hear that Iatty works for you as you wanted buddy:):)

It works like a dream Imeo! The wicking problem is fixed I think, I just need to make the resistance wire onto the wick better ;) I tried, but was afraid that having the NR wire touching the wick would be bad. But I think that as long as the NR wire doesn't touch the resistance wire, I will be fine.

Psychomaster

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2011
USA
I am really glad psycho!

NR wire can touch the wick, no problem on this, but as you said the NR wire cant touch the R wire. Also the R wire cant touch itself when you make the threads. This is happening to all atomizers, rebuildable or not:)

Aha! Thank you, Imeo! I know that the next atty coil I make will definitely be better! I am so happy you created a device that makes me feel like I accomplished something, even though you made it!

Rick.45cal

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 14, 2011
Lakeland Florida
It works like a dream Imeo! The wicking problem is fixed I think, I just need to make the resistance wire onto the wick better ;) I tried, but was afraid that having the NR wire touching the wick would be bad. But I think that as long as the NR wire doesn't touch the resistance wire, I will be fine.

Pycho, (love the profile pic by the way) Like Imeo, says it's ok to have the NR touching the wick. Here is how mine are built now. http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/gg/220458-my-current-iatty-coil-close-up.html

Psychomaster

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2011
USA
Pycho, (love the profile pic by the way) Like Imeo, says it's ok to have the NR touching the wick. Here is how mine are built now. http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/gg/220458-my-current-iatty-coil-close-up.html

Thanks Rick! I made it in a few seconds cause I was tired of not having a pic. A pic seems to add some semblance of "being" on a forum, at least to me. And thanks for the link, I was originally terrified of letting the NR touch my wick, but I fear I might have melted my plastic cup, cause I tasted plastic! So, I will check it in an hour and if it is, I order some of those cartos that have them! I like the pics btw, top-notch job!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread