The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

New in the Sense of I'm Returning

Discussion in 'New Members Forum' started by Estima72, Jun 10, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Estima72

Estima72 Full Member

Jun 19, 2016
    Hello. I signed up in 2011 when I went from smoking 20 to 30 a day, had a look around for recommendations, bought a kit and from my first go, I've never smoked a cigarette since. In those days, I've progressed from a cigarette sized vape, then a pen style vape, on to a variable voltage huge Tesla vape, and all on 24mg nicotine from the start. In 2015, I started going sub-ohm in 2015 and dropping to 6mg.

On the sub-ohm front, I started with a Kangertech, making my own coils and vaping at around 30 watts. and 0.9 ohms on 24 mg. After a while, I found that the time taken to build coils, and their lack of reliability, made it easier to just buy a pack of pre-built. The problem I found was that the build quality of the box mod was terrible and I got through quite a few before getting a Snow Wolf that was really robust. Next up, I tried a Smok Alien at 90 watts on a 0.14 ohms coil. I was instantly sold. I stuck with the Alien even though the paint flaked off, then all of a sudden, the mod started failing. I was left in one hideous situation where I was going away for a few days when one broke. At the last moment, I luckily remembered I had my brother-in-law's Alien stored away as he had all personal stuff seized when going to prison and the prison had handed me his stuff on my last visit.

I've soldiered on with Smok Aliens before getting up with them falling apart. I then have moved on to the Pro-colour which seem much more robust. However, there is a flaw with them; the battery door inevitably becomes to a stage that they won't hold the batteries in.
    I then upgraded to an X-Priv where they really seem to have sorted out the battery housing issue by providing a magnetic plate. So far, so good. A most splendid bit of kit.

• Like Like x 3
  2. Daniel Forsyth

Daniel Forsyth Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Mar 26, 2019
    Victoria, Australia
    Welcome back to the Forum Estima72, Happy Vaping:vapor:

3. Baditude

Baditude ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Apr 8, 2012
    Ridgeway, Ohio
    • Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. somdcomputerguy

somdcomputerguy vaper dedicato Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Welcome back to ECF, Estima72.

5. FlyerTom

FlyerTom Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Mar 21, 2009
    Nor'Eastern PA
  6. CaveFurby

CaveFurby Super Member ECF Veteran

Sep 24, 2015
    Nice to see an old-time vaper jumping back into the forum. Welcome back.

7. DeloresRose

DeloresRose Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Apr 25, 2014
    toledo ohio
    Welcome back!

The number one problem I had to overcome to switch from smoking to vaping was faulty gear.

And I started with junk, so that’s no surprise, but there’s still junk out there, foiling our efforts.

I probably don’t have to tell you, one of the greatest benefits of this forum is hearing about all the devices, the good, the bad, the sales.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Anise

Anise Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    May 11, 2016
    Southern Louisiana USA
  9. Diver9543

Diver9543 Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Feb 26, 2015
    Oklahoma City, OK, USA
    Hello and welcome back.

10. GOMuniEsq

GOMuniEsq Self-Proclaimed Member ECF Veteran

Aug 25, 2012
    Alberta, Canada
    A loyal Smok customer? Sorry to report that in their nine years of existence they still haven't figured out how to make a reliable device. But it's OK because some of their customers are delighted to buy a new one every three months.

• Funny Funny x 2
  11. Falconeer

Falconeer Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Welcome back; thanks for a great (re) introductory post and really looking forward to hearing more from you.

12. Fidola13

Fidola13 Prepper Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Dec 20, 2017
    Boston
  13. BrotherBob

BrotherBob ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Dec 24, 2014
    Sunnyvale,CA,USA
    Welcome and glad you re joined.

14. John Phoenix II

John Phoenix II Moved On

Jun 12, 2019
    I'm returning as well. We both joined in 2011. Difference between you and me is you still had your password and email. LOL I've been off since ECF since 2015 LOL Anyway, your right.. there's no place like ECF. WB.

15. charlie1465

charlie1465 Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Welcome to the friendly bunch :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.