New in the Sense of I'm Returning

Status
Not open for further replies.

Estima72

Jun 19, 2016
Hello. I signed up in 2011 when I went from smoking 20 to 30 a day, had a look around for recommendations, bought a kit and from my first go, I've never smoked a cigarette since. In those days, I've progressed from a cigarette sized vape, then a pen style vape, on to a variable voltage huge Tesla vape, and all on 24mg nicotine from the start. In 2015, I started going sub-ohm in 2015 and dropping to 6mg.

On the sub-ohm front, I started with a Kangertech, making my own coils and vaping at around 30 watts. and 0.9 ohms on 24 mg. After a while, I found that the time taken to build coils, and their lack of reliability, made it easier to just buy a pack of pre-built. The problem I found was that the build quality of the box mod was terrible and I got through quite a few before getting a Snow Wolf that was really robust. Next up, I tried a smok Alien at 90 watts on a 0.14 ohms coil. I was instantly sold. I stuck with the Alien even though the paint flaked off, then all of a sudden, the mod started failing. I was left in one hideous situation where I was going away for a few days when one broke. At the last moment, I luckily remembered I had my brother-in-law's Alien stored away as he had all personal stuff seized when going to prison and the prison had handed me his stuff on my last visit.

I've soldiered on with smok Aliens before getting up with them falling apart. I then have moved on to the Pro-colour which seem much more robust. However, there is a flaw with them; the battery door inevitably becomes to a stage that they won't hold the batteries in.
I then upgraded to an X-Priv where they really seem to have sorted out the battery housing issue by providing a magnetic plate. So far, so good. A most splendid bit of kit.

FlyerTom

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2009
Nor'Eastern PA
mjHJuAF.png

DeloresRose

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
toledo ohio
Welcome back!

The number one problem I had to overcome to switch from smoking to vaping was faulty gear.

And I started with junk, so that’s no surprise, but there’s still junk out there, foiling our efforts.

I probably don’t have to tell you, one of the greatest benefits of this forum is hearing about all the devices, the good, the bad, the sales.

• Agree
Reactions: Baditude
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread