New info on the upcoming Innokin MVP 3.0!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
Lol, came here looking for info on the MVP3 and people are talking about toppers. Seems that way lately no matter what mod thread I go to, talkin' toppers lol.

Don' mind me..................

Well, since there is no MVP3 anywhere in sight and therefore no info, people are just speculating here... The MVP 20 is not exactly what innokin described in their announcement.

Innokin Announce MVP 3.0 – Vape Mile

"There will be more than one edition. One will be at a lower price point that will be at least 30W as well as an advanced edition that will run a customized Evolv chipset with precise higher wattage and feature new advances in technology which take it above and beyond the competition. There may be another very innovative model which will be launched in the future as well."

So, we're zero for three. The MVP 20 is not "at least 30W," and it's not "an advanced edition that runs a customized Evolv chipset." So what is it? Is it even MVP3????

Or did they just stick a 20W DNA chipset in the old MVP 2 body (with improved 510 connection) because they felt threatened by iStick's soaring popularity that must be hurting their bottom line?

Don't mind me... :D

Capt.shay

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 10, 2013
W. Ma. U.S.A.
The most specific statement came as a surprise: "There may be another very innovative model which will be launched in the future as well". Wow, that is quite the announcement. Really looking forward to the future.

Indeed. The future that "may be".

I really love my innokin products but from day one have wondered what the heck goes on over there at corporate headquarters :confused:

TallGrass

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 3, 2011
Ontario
Our team has taken all the best and most successful parts of the MVP2.0 and truly listened to all of the amazing feedback from Reddit and from our vendors and end users to create the iTaste MVP3.0.
We are exceptionally excited that The iTaste SVD2.0

I don't get it... the successor to the MVP 2.0 is a tube style device with two possible names, MVP3.0 or SVD2.0 ? Are my reading skills impaired or something?

They should have just named this SVD 2.0, as a new product in their line up and left it at that.

Also, IMHO if there were a real MVP 3.0 it should be a box style device like before but with a flush mounted trigger (MVP 1) and the VV/VW electronics from MVP 2. I have both and still use the first generation because the trigger on the MVP2 is just awful.

USMCotaku

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
California
I don't get it... the successor to the MVP 2.0 is a tube style device with two possible names, MVP3.0 or SVD2.0 ? Are my reading skills impaired or something?

They should have just named this SVD 2.0, as a new product in their line up and left it at that.

Also, IMHO if there were a real MVP 3.0 it should be a box style device like before but with a flush mounted trigger (MVP 1) and the VV/VW electronics from MVP 2. I have both and still use the first generation because the trigger on the MVP2 is just awful.

You were confused :p there mention of the svd2.0 was an addendum, not member to imply it was replacing the MVP line in any way. In fact the official reddit announcement mentioned the mvp3.0 keeping the well known and loved form factor :p

OverByter

Aug 28, 2014
CT USA
Again, I find the most interesting news about the MVP20W is its use of a general purpose arm processor instead of a dedicated SoC, could lead to all sorts of possibilities in the future to do much more with a firmware update besides upping the wattage. One can only hope that this might be a relatively inexpensive way to have Innokin's mod stick out from the pack.
OB

Sent from my SPH-D710VMUB using Tapatalk 2

Hoopie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
As a RTA user, the SVD 2.0 does look worthwhile for me due to it's step down ability. I was hoping to see what the new MVP 3 will be before I pull the trigger oon the SVD 2.0 or get a DNA 40 chip for my FT enclosure or a sale on the rDNA 40 or SXMini. Ah hell, I don't know what I can get next so I should just be happy with my SX350 mod and MVP2 backup. :p

Oh yea, then there is the new Kayfun 4 and I like what I see with the Kanger Subtank. I need a good lottery ticket :)

USMCotaku

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
California
Keep dreaming. This is a quick and dirty hack to stop the bleeding.

I disagree. It only seems so because of the info we have heard about the MVP3.0's. Without that prior knowledge, we would see this MVP20 watt for what it really is....quite a leap up from the mvp2.0. They fixed the known issues, upped the power, upgraded to a superior chip.....all in all a better device then the 2.0 in every way, that will fit a larger number of vapers needs, what more do you want? :p

Hoopie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I think when we see what the MVP20 with the ARM chip actually delivers, I may be more excited about it. For instance, in VV mode, if you set it at 3.9 volts is that what you'll get no matter what the battery voltage? If it has step down then I'll step up to cheering for it.

jbarrick

Moved On
May 24, 2014
Alabama
I disagree. It only seems so because of the info we have heard about the MVP3.0's. Without that prior knowledge, we would see this MVP20 watt for what it really is....quite a leap up from the mvp2.0. They fixed the known issues, upped the power, upgraded to a superior chip.....all in all a better device then the 2.0 in every way, that will fit a larger number of vapers needs, what more do you want? :p

How about.......What will it Cost?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread