New info on the upcoming Innokin MVP 3.0!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ronnbert

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 7, 2014
Sawmills, NC, USA
Love my MVP 2 and still use it as a driving mod, since I don't drip an drive. However I am stoked to see how the 3 will turn out! I hope they make one that will produce 50W or be flashable up to that. 30W is still a little weak considering more and more boxes are coming out that are 50 to 100+. Guess we will have to wait and see!

DIEHLC

Verified Member
Sep 11, 2014
Michigan
bigger battery? which means a bigger device..i don't need a device with the battery capacity to jump start my vehicle.. IMO what they should do is make the device smaller or at least offer two versions.. something between the itaste vv 3 and the mvp.
Why doesn't anyone read it all before complaining. Look.

* There will be more than one edition. One will be at a lower price point that will be at least 30W as well as an advanced edition that will run a customized Evolv chipset with precise higher wattage and feature new advances in technology which take it above and beyond the competition. There may be another very innovative model which will be launched in the future as well.

herb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2014
Northern NJ native , Coastal NC now.
Love my MVP 2 and still use it as a driving mod, since I don't drip an drive. However I am stoked to see how the 3 will turn out! I hope they make one that will produce 50W or be flashable up to that. 30W is still a little weak considering more and more boxes are coming out that are 50 to 100+. Guess we will have to wait and see!

Oh God no lol, thats not what the MVP is about , 30 watts would be overkill imo . Despite many box mods pushing mega wattage the reason most sell is not the wattage it's the extended battery life . A huge percentage of veteran vapors still prefer Vaporshark's and Provari's which are not mega wattage devices but provide a stellar vape regardless .

Most veterans who do own high wattage devices usually and happily admit they vape at much much lower watts and just enjoy the extended battery life.
It's the youngsters who are pushing the mega watt mods more than any other group . More powerful = cool in most youngster's minds.

Now on to the MVP , i hope they keep the 2.0 exactly the way it is , it is one of the most popular vaping devices ever released and provides a killer vape with a wide variety of toppers , and it's affordable.

A new 3.0 should still remain somewhat affordable with possibly a slightly higher power potential, 15 watts would be ideal imo . A more powerful battery , maybe 2900 mAh minimum would be sweet as well .

If they go too far it will push the cost out of reach of most potential buyers.

nyiddle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2014
USA. State: Inebriated.
Oh God no lol, thats not what the MVP is about , 30 watts would be overkill imo . Despite many box mods pushing mega wattage the reason most sell is not the wattage it's the extended battery life . A huge percentage of veteran vapors still prefer Vaporshark's and Provari's which are not mega wattage devices but provide a stellar vape regardless .

Most veterans who do own high wattage devices usually and happily admit they vape at much much lower watts and just enjoy the extended battery life.
It's the youngsters who are pushing the mega watt mods more than any other group . More powerful = cool in most youngster's minds.

Now on to the MVP , i hope they keep the 2.0 exactly the way it is , it is one of the most popular vaping devices ever released and provides a killer vape with a wide variety of toppers , and it's affordable.

A new 3.0 should still remain somewhat affordable with possibly a slightly higher power potential, 15 watts would be ideal imo . A more powerful battery , maybe 2900 mAh minimum would be sweet as well .

If they go too far it will push the cost out of reach of most potential buyers.

Um, as someone who enjoys his .7 Orchid at 20-30 watts, I really hope it's more than "15 watts". That's really not a lot of power.

While 100 may seem excessive, you don't have to use all 100 watts. I don't know why you'd be complaining about it having "too many watts". The more wattage just means that, if you want to, you can go lower ohm and fire w/ more power. Having it be 50-100w would be right in the perfect range, it'd allow for rebuildables! Which the MVP2 did not. At all.

ronnbert

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 7, 2014
Sawmills, NC, USA
Um, as someone who enjoys his .7 Orchid at 20-30 watts, I really hope it's more than "15 watts". That's really not a lot of power.

While 100 may seem excessive, you don't have to use all 100 watts. I don't know why you'd be complaining about it having "too many watts". The more wattage just means that, if you want to, you can go lower ohm and fire w/ more power. Having it be 50-100w would be right in the perfect range, it'd allow for rebuildables! Which the MVP2 did not. At all.
Exactly my point. While these newer devices have the potential at firing up to 100W, the most important feature is the ability to fire a dripper down to a certain sub-ohm. I have tried others box mods from 50W to 100 even 130W. When I ask these people what range they usually run in (except for some crazy dude who is always 100+ with his IPV3) they stay in the 20s to 30s range.

The good thing about regulated boxes is that a person does not have to build a super subohm coil to maintain the wattage they need for their vaping desires. That person can even build above an ohm and achieve similar results while sipping at their battery. My co-worker has been running a 2 ohm coil in his dripper on his original IPV (maxes at 35W) and it still chucks the clouds at 15 to 20W. He even put it on my MVP2 and it was able to do decently at 11W.

Now someone might read this and say that it sounds like I am in favor of smaller maximum watts, however, I VERY quickly "outgrew" the 11W max of my MVP and have turned to mechs and drippers, even though my MVP is still used for driving. While I may use a higher wattage device (like the one I am hoping Innokin is developing) at a moderate amount of wattage for battery life (my MVP hardly ever goes above 9W even with a BVC coil), I want this device to be able to handle my vaping needs for quite a while, and not leave me wanting more in the near future.

KTMRider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2014
NJ
I can't understand these negative comments.

Do you also go to a ford dealer and ask them for a 800hp v12 in a Taurus? No, you go to Ferrari or Lamborghini. If it doesn't fit your needs, there's other mods that will. I have a MVP2 and was still looking for something better so I ordered an Istick when I found it in my search. It still doesn't quite meet my needs so I kept looking but it has replaced my MVP2. I settled on getting a VaporShark rDNA 40 when it ships. I'm happy with the Istick while I wait (impatiently).

ronnbert

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 7, 2014
Sawmills, NC, USA

Do you also go to a ford dealer and ask them for a 800hp v12 in a Taurus? No, you go to Ferrari or Lamborghini. If it doesn't fit your needs, there's other mods that will. I have a MVP2 and was still looking for something better so I ordered an Istick when I found it in my search. It still doesn't quite meet my needs so I kept looking but it has replaced my MVP2. I settled on getting a VaporShark rDNA 40 when it ships. I'm happy with the Istick while I wait (impatiently).
I don't think that was aimed my direction, but if it was I just want to add that I love my MVP, and it has served me well. It still gets used as my driving vape, and I love the asthetics and personality of it. I just hope that in the multiple iterations they make of the MVP, one of them is geared to the high watt folks. From what the OP said, it looks like this is where they are going, I just hope they give enough watts so I don't outgrow it quickly. I love innokin and the products they put out. This might be the first device I pre-order, since I usually wait til all the bugs are fixed before I purchase, but with Innokin, I will probabpy buy with confidence!

Hoopie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Yup, I'm very interested also in what Innokin brings out. Still use my MVP2. It does a good job of regulating in V V mode unlike the istick that really doesn't regulate anything worth a damn. The step-down ability is huge! A world of difference in your vape. I know because I have a SX350 custom box mod. The lower watts (30 and under) is fine for anyone using a tank system (Kayfun, Russian, Nautilus, etc). The ability to actually vape at 8.5 watts instead of the device just dumping battery voltage will really open people's eyes.

herb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2014
Northern NJ native , Coastal NC now.

Couldn't of said it better myself , thats exactly right . Who says the MVP is now changing it's whole concept and customer base , why, just because other much more expensive box mods are pushing 100 watts .

The reason why it's so popular is because it's affordable and it satisfies the needs of the biggest percentage of people who use it thats why . It was marketed at a certain customer base and it was so good that many other people gravitated to it and it's popularity exploded .

To this day more veterans in the "ask the veterans" forum recommend it more than nearly any other mod , yes, it's that good . You do not change things drastically when something is that successful. Most companies are not that stupid .

Oh, and why not more wattage because you don't have to use it all , because more wattage costs more thats why , and more wattage is not what the overwhelming majority of users (especially experienced users) are demanding .

Read the reviews for this device anywhere on the web and it's over the top positive , you see many many comments about it has replaced all other devices for them , even much more expensive mods . Only a very small fraction request more power from it and it's an extreme minority for sure.

Moving in a completely different direction that takes away from what made it so popular is a chance few companies would be willing to take. We will see soon enough but it has got to remain very affordable.

e-pipeman

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2008
Brown Edge, England
Will some one just SCREAM at the techs. about that damned 510/ego connector. FIX IT !!!

"The MVP3.0 will have a larger battery capacity than the MVP2.0."

More battery life? For what? Give me a smaller form factor and keep the 26000. Very, very few people ever vape that much in a day.

Edit- Innokin needs to stop farting around on Reddit and come to the real number one vaping site! They are just to cheap to pay the meager vendors fee. Sometimes I really wonder about Innokin and their decisions.

Now then Captain - I have been asking for the MVP to have a bigger battery ever since I got mine, so different strokes etc.. Yes, I do vape that much in a day (I go through my MVP then switch to the e-lvt to finish up).

Will this still do volts? And nice low ones at that?

nyiddle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2014
USA. State: Inebriated.
Only a very small fraction request more power from it and it's an extreme minority for sure.

Eh. I mean, I'm one of "the minority". I know several friends who were interested in an MVP until they realized it couldn't fire above 11W. I've heard people in vape shops consider getting the MVP until they hear the max wattage is 11.

I don't think it's an "extreme minority" by any means.

In the end, more wattage means that they're offering more variability in the atty you put on top of it. If they make a 15W device, I'm not going to buy it. 100% positive about that.

And I'm sure a lot of people will agree with me, 15W just isn't enough.

DIEHLC

Verified Member
Sep 11, 2014
Michigan
Wow... Lol. Guess what. It is stated in the first post that there will be two versions. One cheaper and lower wattage, another a bit more expensive and obviously more power. And yet another surprise.

So guess what herb you get your cheap version with minimal power for your use, and everyone else who wanted higher wattage here will also get that.

So this whole argument is pretty much pointless. Innokin already has decided. Not gonna change their minds based on a ECF post.

tearose50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2011
Tennessee :-)
I don't get the conservative lot that are upset at more power.

It is controllable . Don't need it? Don't use it.

On the other hand, how about the 100 watt and 200 watt enthusiast that says anything that is under that is trash, beginner, childish, waste of money, out of date and junk? Hmmm? I'm exagerating, but only slightly. Is this the Progressive stance? The Modern stance? The Mature stance? Perhaps the ignorant stance is more like it? :laugh:

Also, without step down, most of the high wattage devices that have come out this past year can't be turned down low enough for some. I know I usually run my better quality wattage devices at lowest levels, much of the time, and would like that consistency at even lower levels.

It seems to me many of the anti-high watts posters are more anti the manners of some, ur many, of the power hungry vapers.

I'm very interested in seeing what Innokin comes up with in the MVP3. I'm one of the few that could easily refer this device for many good qualities, but could never groove in on using the device. Perhaps the changes will make it more tearose friendly.

Last edited:

USMCotaku

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
California
On the other hand, how about the 100 watt and 200 watt enthusiast that says anything that is under that is trash, beginner, childish, waste of money, out of date and junk? Hmmm? I'm exagerating, but only slightly. Is this the Progressive stance? The Modern stance? The Mature stance? Perhaps the ignorant stance is more like it? :laugh:

Also, without step down, most of the high wattage devices that have come out this past year can't be turned down low enough for some. I know I usually run my better quality wattage devices at lowest levels, much of the time, and would like that consistency at even lower levels.

It seems to me many of the anti-high watts posters are more anti the manners of some, ur many, of the power hungry vapers.

I'm very interested in seeing what Innokin comes up with in the MVP3. I'm one of the few that could easily refer this device for many good qualities, but could never groove in on using the device. Perhaps the changes will make it more tearose friendly. :)

That road goes both ways......go suggest to a provari fan that you would be happier at a 30-40 watt limit instead of 20......see how mature many of your responses will be.

Since the new svd with the evolv chip has step down, I would be willing to bet that the MVP model using the evolv chip will also do so

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread