New info on the upcoming Innokin MVP 3.0!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jayscuzzi

ECF Veteran
Sep 20, 2014
North Central, Il.
I am eager to see the new one. I liked the v2, and if the v3 is as powerful as they say it might actually last me an entire day...
I'm more interested in the size. Hope they made it just a little less boxy and a tad bit smaller. Doesn't have to be istick tiny but the closer the better.

So will the new MVP 3 be as immune to cloning as the 2? Everything else that's popular in this industry has been cloned, wonder why I never see knock-offs of the MVP? Like it or not, sure is popular. Don't mean other mods that are like the MVP, I mean actual fake clones with logos and all posing as genuine and listed as forever "restocking" on Fasttech. :D. Never seen or heard of any. Not that I'm interested in buying an MVP clone, the real one seems to have a good price at around $40 and genuine Innokin products seem to have a decent reputation.

Simply can't be cloned cheaper than Innokin can make them and sell them? Too hard to duplicate the electronics? I know cloning a mech mod or a tank or even some spinner battery is a lot easier, but just seems strange because cloners go after what's popular, where the money is. For some reason it must not be worth it. Doubt anything is really clone-proof these days.

Jdurand

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 16, 2014
Long Island, NY
So will the new MVP 3 be as immune to cloning as the 2? Everything else that's popular in this industry has been cloned, wonder why I never see knock-offs of the MVP? Like it or not, sure is popular. Don't mean other mods that are like the MVP, I mean actual fake clones with logos and all posing as genuine and listed as forever "restocking" on Fasttech. :D. Never seen or heard of any. Not that I'm interested in buying an MVP clone, the real one seems to have a good price at around $40 and genuine Innokin products seem to have a decent reputation.

Simply can't be cloned cheaper than Innokin can make them and sell them? Too hard to duplicate the electronics? I know cloning a mech mod or a tank or even some spinner battery is a lot easier, but just seems strange because cloners go after what's popular, where the money is. For some reason it must not be worth it. Doubt anything is really clone-proof these days.

Yes cloners go where the money is, where is the money on a 40 dollar box mod. I mean how much cheaper could you make a distribute a device like this?

KODIAK (TM)

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 31, 2014
Dead Moose, AK
If most of this is true, I have a feeling Innokin missed the boat on this one. Small is the new "big" thing which is evident by the iStick sales. I'm not a high wattage vaper either so I don't know what 30 watts does for you my fogger brethren. Even so, the MVP3 is probably in full production so it is what it is.

Can't fault them though. My MVP2 is finally about to croak because the button is wearing out. Battery is fine. It's been pretty reliable up until this so I will at least give version 3 a looksee. I'm a permanent convert to disposables these days.

USMCotaku

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
California

The lack of clones is most likely due to the price point of the authentic. They wouldn't be able to under cut the price enough to pull people away from the real one.....a lesson to all the mod makers out there.....if an authentic mech mod (that is comprised of about $2 of material) sold for $60..... Few would buy the $45 clone.

On another note, with innokin saying the MVP 3 will have a larger battery capacity, I wouldn't count on it being smaller..... We will be lucky if its the same size

jbarrick

Moved On
May 24, 2014
Alabama
The lack of clones is most likely due to the price point of the authentic. They wouldn't be able to under cut the price enough to pull people away from the real one.....a lesson to all the mod makers out there.....if an authentic mech mod (that is comprised of about $2 of material) sold for $60..... Few would buy the $45 clone.

On another note, with innokin saying the MVP 3 will have a larger battery capacity, I wouldn't count on it being smaller..... We will be lucky if its the same size

Then why bother with this? Clone Kanger Protank 2 II Dual Coil Atomizer Clearomizer 2.5ml Tank Pyrex

Most of the Pro Tanks on EBay are clones.

.... My MVP2 is finally about to croak because the button is wearing out. Battery is fine. It's been pretty reliable up until this so I will at least give version 3 a looksee. ...

Just curious, Kodi, how long you had yours? My button looks like its wearing out but still works ok.

USMCotaku

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
California
Have you all seen the video of someone trying to destroy an MVP? It's amazing what it went through and still worked.... Dropped out of a second story window (more like thrown) onto concrete, drive over with a car, shot with an arrow, twice :p

Edit: I thought it was twice with the bow.... Forgot the second hit was a machete :p

Sent with one hand, the other is busy vaping.

Last edited:

USMCotaku

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
California
Last edited:

Capt.shay

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 10, 2013
W. Ma. U.S.A.

It's the scratch and sniff numbers that scare away the cloners :laugh:

ultrabadger

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 16, 2014
Madison, WI
I notice that the features keep mentioning "advanced" capabilities of the board in the MVP v3. Is this just referring to the reverse polarity protection and step-down, or will the evolv board in the new MVP come with temperature protection? I know that in the interviews that Brandon of Evolv did with PBusardo that TP would be a standard feature going forward on all their products. If so, and if the MVP came in anywhere near the current price, that truly would be a game changer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread