Status
Not open for further replies.

Technonut

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 11, 2010
East Coast, USA
Well I would be very happy to hear your reports once you get some time with it. Please post up when you do.

Talk about fast service... Joyetech USA shipped out the eGrip the day I ordered on the 14th. The free shipping option was USPS Priority Mail. From the West Coast, here to my door on the East Coast, in two days. :)

The eGrip does come in full retail packaging, and includes the correct USA wall outlet adapter. ;)

I've just had this a few hours, but my initial impressions are very good. The eGrip has a high-quality feel to it, and is manufactured well. I REALLY like how small and compact it is. The device has more than enough punch, and feels like it's outputting the correct set wattage. The eGrip is easy to fill on the go. I like the small door on the side with two different sized fill holes. The firing button is "clicky", and the wattage adjustment wheel has a "click" when set.

The heads are actually quite good. Nice, wide slots. The flavor is somewhat muted compared to say, a dripper, but I haven't really broken it in yet. As it stands, I am pleased, and the flavor is better than I expected.

So far, the eGrip is making me happy. :) I feel like I received exactly what I expected, and paid for. I will spend a week or so with it, and post back my findings.

IMG_2402_zps25d58c83.jpg

IMG_2405_zps5ddc5110.jpg

Last edited:
I can see this being appealing to somebody that vapes the same liquid all the time but to me it seems like it would be a pain in the .... to have to be careful when wanting to wash out the tank for my usage.

Then there is the $17.50 price tag of the coils. There will surely be complaints of short life span on the coils just like there is on many manufactured coils now.

I don't mind spending $25 to buy spare tanks to switch which liquid I'm vaping on during the day but wouldn't care to have to spend $70 on multiples of this device to use it in the same way that i use my regular vaping device to where i could change flavors during the day but i recognize not everybody changes flavors several times a day

i've read that the tank is pretty durable and you can clean it with relative ease through the bottom compartment to get any unwanted residual tastes out. watch the suck my mod / twisted 420 reviews

Last edited:

Confuzzled1969

ECF Veteran
Sep 6, 2014
Gotebo OK
Last edited:

Confuzzled1969

ECF Veteran
Sep 6, 2014
Gotebo OK
I would have been all over this if it weren't for the price of the replacement coils. I think this too will be a winner, especially if they get the cost of those coils down to market level.

If you get a week out of each coil and use 30 ml of juice.... that is about $23.00 a week. You can vape cheaper, but you can't smoke cigarettes cheaper, IMHO.

And 30 ml is a lot of vaping, and so far both reviewers say coil life is good, I would say that is pretty solid bussiness plan on Joyetech's part.

Ahhh hell, I'm sold, just ordered it and 5 coils... When it gets here I will likely be out of town, post up next weekend with the results...

If nothing else, I think it will be great for the friend I am trying to convert from cigarettes...

peterforpats

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 3, 2013
rounding third and heading home...
i think only black and silver are available right now- as faras cleaning you just pull the coil out and run warmwater into the tank-this according to joyetech customer service. at 20 watts with a dual vertical coil i think it will be an excellent vape. mine arrives monday and i will enjoy putting it through its paces. i think the pocket friendly design and the fact that it holds 3.5 ml of juice will make this pretty popular. joyetech does have a reputation for good quality builds. i am actually surprised no one as built an all-in-one pocket mod before this.
i find it ironic that the high powered cloud machines grab most of the attention and have people clamoring for those higher priced mods but in the end this and mods like the istick out sell everything else by a wide margin. there is something to be said for a good , simple vaping device that won't break the bank if it is needed to be replaced. i can se having a few in rotation for my everyday vape....
right now a 5-pack of coils are $17.50 and the device is $69.90- look for sales and price drops in the near future... even at those prices i will have a few....

Last edited:

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
Another review up... Looks to be a nice, little, "out-n-about" mod. :) The coil heads are on the expensive side for now,

But I love the joyetech products.......I am using some Type A atties right now that have been going on 3 months! Can't get that out o a Kanger (wont use them anymore)

Let us know what you think when you get it!

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
Then there is the $17.50 price tag of the coils. There will surely be complaints of short life span on the coils just like there is on many manufactured coils now.

If they are anything like other Joyetech coils, or joyetech dripping atties, I don't think short life span will be a problem at all.

salemgold

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
South Carolina
I can see this being appealing to somebody that vapes the same liquid all the time but to me it seems like it would be a pain in the .... to have to be careful when wanting to wash out the tank for my usage.

I don't mind spending $25 to buy spare tanks to switch which liquid I'm vaping on during the day but wouldn't care to have to spend $70 on multiples of this device to use it in the same way that i use my regular vaping device to where i could change flavors during the day but i recognize not everybody changes flavors several times a day

The coils seem pricey but, they should last as long as the Delta coils do. I have been using a Delta for a few months and the coils are high. I am able to use them for weeks, clean and reuse. So, they are worth it to me in the long run.

I had been looking at this mod and reading/watching the reviews for the past few weeks. I got an email from Joyetech that they had limited stock and I pulled the trigger. They do only have silver and black in stock but, none of the other colors really interest me.

The reviewers have all stated that the tank and the coils are easy to clean under running hot water. I think that this will be a great little mod.

salemgold

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
South Carolina
Last edited:

salemgold

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
South Carolina
Talk about fast service... Joyetech USA shipped out the eGrip the day I ordered on the 14th. The free shipping option was USPS Priority Mail. From the West Coast, here to my door on the East Coast, in two days. :)

The eGrip does come in full retail packaging, and includes the correct USA wall outlet adapter. ;)

I've just had this a few hours, but my initial impressions are very good. The eGrip has a high-quality feel to it, and is manufactured well. I REALLY like how small and compact it is. The device has more than enough punch, and feels like it's outputting the correct set wattage. The eGrip is easy to fill on the go. I like the small door on the side with two different sized fill holes. The firing button is "clicky", and the wattage adjustment wheel has a "click" when set.

The heads are actually quite good. Nice, wide slots. The flavor is somewhat muted compared to say, a dripper, but I haven't really broken it in yet. As it stands, I am pleased, and the flavor is better than I expected.

So far, the eGrip is making me happy. :) I feel like I received exactly what I expected, and paid for. I will spend a week or so with it, and post back my findings.

Good to know. I too get priority packages from the west coast in 2 days normally and mine shipped today :D

Bored2Tears

Verified Member
Sep 26, 2014
Western South Dakota
i think only black and silver are available right now- as faras cleaning you just pull the coil out and run warmwater into the tank-this according to joyetech customer service. at 20 watts with a dual vertical coil i think it will be an excellent vape. mine arrives monday and i will enjoy putting it through its paces. i think the pocket friendly design and the fact that it holds 3.5 ml of juice will make this pretty popular. joyetech does have a reputation for good quality builds. i am actually surprised no one as built an all-in-one pocket mod before this.
i find it ironic that the high powered cloud machines grab most of the attention and have people clamoring for those higher priced mods but in the end this and mods like the istick out sell everything else by a wide margin. there is something to be said for a good , simple vaping device that won't break the bank if it is needed to be replaced. i can se having a few in rotation for my everyday vape....
right now a 5-pack of coils are $17.50 and the device is $69.90- look for sales and price drops in the near future... even at those prices i will have a few....

I completely agree with this. This is the market.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread