New Joyetech 20watt eGrip

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bored2Tears

Verified Member
Sep 26, 2014
Western South Dakota
I waited for the eGrip to go through a few charge cycles before averaging the time it takes to recharge from the wall-wart. From a totally drained battery to full, it's been taking on average, two hours..

As far as vaping time goes... Out of two days... 6 hours one day, 8 hours the next, @ 11-14 watts. The time is based on my using the device while leaving the house, and conducting daily tasks. I vaped as I normally would with any other regulated device. It is perfect for my intended purpose.. :) I'm going to grab an automotive 12v outlet >USB adapter to charge while in my car, using the eGrip as a pass through while driving. ;)

It's been great to have something work as described out of the box.. So small, simple, and well made. No leaks, gurgles, or surprises so far. :toast:

Thanks for the update. Do you find this device to be limiting as far as changing out liquids/ flavors? Or --maybe you don't change liquids frequently and that's a non issue for you but was curious.

Technonut

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 11, 2010
East Coast, USA
Thanks for the update. Do you find this device to be limiting as far as changing out liquids/ flavors? Or --maybe you don't change liquids frequently and that's a non issue for you but was curious.

I vape flavors that kind of compliment one another if mixed, so not much of an issue for me.

I take back the comment regarding gurgling.. I did just get gurgling after allowing the tank to go almost completely empty. ;) Also, while these coil heads are adequate for how I'm using the eGrip, I feel there is room for improvement, and hope to see a revision by the time the two packs I have run out.. :laugh: They are good, but for the price, could / should be better IMO. Still a fine little device nonetheless.. :)

salemgold

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
South Carolina
My charging port is a little wonky. It seems like it is a tad too small for the end of the charger to fit in. I am wondering if this is a widespread issue since a friend of mine's charge port came loose after several charges and stopped working. They had to send theirs back for exchange.

One other only slight negative is that it is heavy for it's size.

ETA- I pretty much have to force the charger in to the USB port. I am using the one that came with it.

Last edited:

Technonut

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 11, 2010
East Coast, USA
My charging port is a little wonky. It seems like it is a tad too small for the end of the charger to fit in. I am wondering if this is a widespread issue since a friend of mine's charge port came loose after several charges and stopped working. They had to send theirs back for exchange.

One other only slight negative is that it is heavy for it's size.

ETA- I pretty much have to force the charger in to the USB port. I am using the one that came with it.

Hmmm... I've been using mine for almost a week, and never really looked closely at how well the USB connector goes in till now.. On my eGrip, the connector does goes in snugly and charges well... It just does not seat all the way down flush, but neither do the connectors on other devices I have.

Do you have another cable to try?

EDIT: The eGrip does have some heft to it for a small device.. Personally, I like how solid it feels, but can see where folks may find it somewhat heavy..

Last edited:

salemgold

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
South Carolina
Yes. I have several cables and did try them. Not overly concerned about it now but, like I said in my post I do have a friend that had his quit working because of the port issue.

I have several USB devices and the USB connector goes all the way in on them with no issue. May not end up being a problem at all. I hope not.

The weight is not a problem at all for me either. Just surprising that a mod this small would weigh so much is all.

WRXTerror

Aug 18, 2014
Charlotte, NC
I just received my istick yesterday. I am liking it, but agree most toppers look goofy on it. I do regret that I didn't know about the e grip before purchasing the stick. I am still in search of a good setup....because I am running only Kanger tanks, and really don't like me. I'd be willing to try a Nauti mini or a Joyetech tank based on these reviews of the egrip atty. anyone know if Joyetech tanks are decent generally? I'm gonna check their website but user experience would be great.

I see the old Joyetech stuff seems to get positive reviews here, but wondering about anything newer in their production....similar to what they used in the grip?

I have had my best vaping experience with Joyetech Delta Tanks. I haven't touched my nautilus since I got them.

Bored2Tears

Verified Member
Sep 26, 2014
Western South Dakota
Also, while these coil heads are adequate for how I'm using the eGrip, I feel there is room for improvement, and hope to see a revision by the time the two packs I have run out.. :laugh: They are good, but for the price, could / should be better IMO. Still a fine little device nonetheless.. :)

Is it lifespan of the coils you're hoping is improved, or vapor production, or something else? Can anyone confirm if these are the same coils as in the Joyetech Delta tanks?

salemgold

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
South Carolina
Is it lifespan of the coils you're hoping is improved, or vapor production, or something else? Can anyone confirm if these are the same coils as in the Joyetech Delta tanks?

No. These are not the same coils as the Delta uses. I can't speak to longevity as I have only been using this for a few days. It is very cool little mod though and I really do like it alot.

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
Hmmm... I've been using mine for almost a week, and never really looked closely at how well the USB connector goes in till now.. On my eGrip, the connector does goes in snugly and charges well... It just does not seat all the way down flush, but neither do the connectors on other devices I have.

Do you have another cable to try?

EDIT: The eGrip does have some heft to it for a small device.. Personally, I like how solid it feels, but can see where folks may find it somewhat heavy..

compare weight to iStick?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread