New juice, new coil?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeepVapor

Oct 17, 2017
Portland Oregon
How many of my fellow vapers put in a new coil when you switch out a new flavor juice?
As I'm still fairly new to vaping, and using a RTA I have only used 2 juice flavors. The mailman should be bringing me a new 120ml bottle of The Merge "Transmission" today ($19.99 from Flawless vape) For the most part, I just replace my wick, clean the coil I have in (geekvape staggered Clapton coil) and vape on...... just wondering if a new coil is recommended when changing to a new flavor juice.

Reactions: Eskie

Hawise

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 25, 2013
AB, Canada
Rewicking is sufficient. With a factory coil I wouldn't even bother changing it: I'd empty the tank and refill with new juice if they went well together, and if they didn't I'd run some unflavoured through before changing. You can do that with an RTA too, although rewicking is easy enough that it's my default for changing juices.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Agreed. Since I have several tanks running I just use the appropriate "juice profile" in the tank. I rarely change coils or even rewick when changing flavors, unless I think it's going to be total nastiness, which has definitely happened but I think I've got most of my flavors separated into reasonable profiles now. It just seems like way too much work (to me) to rewick/change coils every time, and sometimes I get pleasantly surprised at how the juice changes.

Anna

MrStik

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 6, 2013
SoCal
Most of the time, I don't even bother to rewick. But if I do, I would pull out the wick, soak the tank pieces in hot water and let it sit out to dry. Then I dry burn and dip my coil in water and rinse and repeat until all of the gunk is out. Dry out the deck and rewick. I received my SMM the beginning of August. Last week I decided was a good time to finally change out a new coil because I noticed the coil was starting to ohm out at .4 when it started out brand new at .2

DeepVapor

Oct 17, 2017
Portland Oregon
Most of the time, I don't even bother to rewick. But if I do, I would pull out the wick, soak the tank pieces in hot water and let it sit out to dry. Then I dry burn and dip my coil in water and rinse and repeat until all of the gunk is out. Dry out the deck and rewick. I received my SMM the beginning of August. Last week I decided was a good time to finally change out a new coil because I noticed the coil was starting to ohm out at .4 when it started out brand new at .2

That's what I did, worked out great, I have used several coils and have been favoring the staggered fused Clapton coils. The coils that came with the SMM had a metallic taste that I didn't care for, not sure why that was, but my local vape shop was made me some Clapton coils that worked out well also.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread