New line at Ikenvape- NITRO

Status
Not open for further replies.

gerrymi

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
The 'Burgh, PA.
So guys I'm using the nitro 1.7 ohm punch standard size.... Having problems wicking juice, it's 50/50 and this same juice worked flawlessly for weeks in a smoktech 2 hole punch. Now with the nitro it doesn't pull liquid in at all.... Why did they make it just one hole??

Interesting. The site says: "Sticking to the nature of the 1mm hole we reduced the port from 2 to one for optimal suction to provide a more sustainable constant wicking. Modified the batting density to restrict the airflow to pull in more liquid through the port."

For the "510 MEGA Nitro DCT ProCoil V2" it says: "Featuring 2 laser drilled 3.25mm x 4.50mm ports, this Cartomizer will knock your socks off!".

doots

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2009
safe-list.com
I bought 5 of the 510 MEGA Nitro DCT ProCoil V2 cartos.. Not enough of a wet hit for me. I put another hole in it and started to gurgle a lot.. That carto went right into the trash.. These worked ok with no dry hits using a 50/50 blend, but just not enough juice hitting the coils for me to get satisfaction. IMO

Maybe I'm just too use to RBAS giving a great vape. These just aren't for me..

Wish I had ordered some fillered carts to try..

mgavilondo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 19, 2013
So guys I'm using the nitro 1.7 ohm punch standard size.... Having problems wicking juice, it's 50/50 and this same juice worked flawlessly for weeks in a smoktech 2 hole punch. Now with the nitro it doesn't pull liquid in at all.... Why did they make it just one hole??

I prime my nitro 2.4 punch easily by filling a condom, filler side pushed down and right before it goes all the way flip it and push the juice in with the carto. Works perfectly and wicks 50/50 like a dream... I'm surprisingly having issues wicking the fillerless ones

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

28if

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2013
Outskirts of Detroit Rock City
Not really a fan of the 510 MEGA Nitro DCT ProCoil V2. I'm not sure what it is, It seems I have to work too hard to get a good hit, then it dries out. Just not conducive for my type of vaping with 50/50 juice.

On the other hand, I am in love with the 510 MEGA Nitro 1.7Ω Punch - I may have finally found my go to carto.

Last edited:

28if

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2013
Outskirts of Detroit Rock City
I just pulled out all of the wick from one of my spent 510 MEGA Nitro DCT ProCoil V2's and it was completely burned. It was actually black in color in some spots. I read in a post that the ProCoil's did not require any priming. I have been simply hot swapping a new for an old carto. Could this be the reason I am not having the pleasant experience with these as most folks are?

Pocha

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Not really a fan of the 510 MEGA Nitro DCT ProCoil V2. I'm not sure what it is, It seems I have to work too hard to get a good hit, then it dries out. Just not conducive for my type of vaping with 50/50 juice.

On the other hand, I am in love with the 510 MEGA Nitro 1.7Ω Punch - I may have finally found my go to carto.

I completely agree on BOTH counts! Not a fan at all of the Pro Coil but the 1.7 Mega Nitro Punch is awesome! For some reason even better than the 2.4ohm!

Patrick H

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2013
New Mexico
I've had very poor luck with Smoktech cartos, using three hole single coil 2.0ohm with 50/50. Even worse luck with Boges. I open two of the holes up a bit with a carbide burr, and they wick better, but still hit and miss. I ordered some Nitro mega punch 1.7, and so far I'm 2 for 2, working great. I was leary about going to a single hole after having feeding issues with 2 and 3 hole cartos, but so far, so good. I'm fixin' to load up a 3rd carto, and if it works as well as the first two, I'm going to order more.I vape VW set at 8 watts FWIW.

boomhower1820

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 7, 2013
NC
I've been trying the standard size 1.7ohm and haven't been that impressed. Seems that they just can't keep up and dry out pretty fast. It was bad enough yesterday I gave up and didn't even vape all day today. Right at the 24 hour mark I picked them back up. Mr. Nic came a calling. I bought two boxes of them so hopefully I'll figure out a happy medium.

gerrymi

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
The 'Burgh, PA.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread