New line at Ikenvape- NITRO

Status
Not open for further replies.

sfeltch

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 8, 2013
Hanover, Pa
I 've had the 510 Nitro 2.4 Punch in my IBTank for a day. Draw is good for me. Flavor is the best I have had in a carto and I've tried Boge, smok, and Ikevape platinums. They are not the ce2 style 510 dct. They do have a filler. It's only been a day but for now all I can say is I am satified. Need to try more juices but with my ADV they seem great. Will buy again if they last a bit for me. They do come in Mega called the Nitro DCT Procoil without the filler. No experience with them.

Pocha

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Still new to cartos, what do ya'll mean with comments about "no filler"?

Regular cartos have a filler...some kind of polyfill...that surrounds the coil(s) in the carto. When you look into the top of a carto you can see it. It's white and looks kind of spongy or cottony. It is basically the wicking material that supplies the coil with liquid.

Pocha

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mornin' Pocha.

I know what the filler is, my question is in regards to cartos with no filler.
I've seen reference to it on Ikenvape as well as recent posts and I wondered how a carto could work without the wicking materials.

Oops...reading comprehension fail on my part.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I know what the filler is, my question is in regards to cartos with no filler.
I've seen reference to it on Ikenvape as well as recent posts and I wondered how a carto could work without the wicking materials.

Good question. I've used a "fillerless" carto once in the past and the results was not good. I'm curious but cautious about these new Ikenvape fillerless cartos. If anyone can pull off an innovative twist to a carto, it would be Isaac at Ikenvape.

New2vaps

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 10, 2013
USA
First: sorry guys, checked the mail, didn't get them. Hopefully tomorrow.

Second: I was also curious about priming the cartos with no filler. I will copy and past part of the email Isaac from Ikenvapes sent me.

"Once you fill the tank with the carto inside, wrap your hand around where the bottom of the tank and device meet and take a pull. You will see 2-3 bubbles rise immediately and your done buddy. Just vape and enjoy. I would start the voltage off lower than the goal for the first few hits to break in the coil. With your 2.4, start at 4.2v, then prime it by the mentioned method for a few hits, then raise it to your sweet spot. These hit harder so you will find your sweetspot is lower than what your used to."

Also, DCT stands for dual coil tank cartomizer. It's an old term that is still being used even for single coil cartos.

Sed Contra

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 13, 2013
Northeast Ohio
I got mine. For priming, I simply filled, pressed down the top cap, took a couple of dry puffs, and started vaping. Easiest priming ever! The draw is a bit tight for me. The vapor production is decent. The flavor is good for a carto, but I'm used to Kayfun & Taifun clones, which I think are better. Overall, it's nice to be using my IBTanked tank again - especially for caustic juices that I don't want to put in the Kayfun and Taifun clones windowless. Best carto I've ever used.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread