Louisville, Kentucky
I had to brush-finish one of my Erlkönigins to make it match
thumbnail_IMG_6010.jpg

BNEAT

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 25, 2013
Louisville, Kentucky
Looks pretty much like their paranormals and therions. Do you have either or both of those mods? Besides battery sizes I’d like to know from a “real” owner how different this is esp from the paranormal dna 250. I ended up selling that mod because I found it just a bit too large & uncomfortable in my hand unlike the slightly smaller Therions I own.

I have all of the Lost Vape offerings (besides those gigantic triple battery mods) and even though the Centaurus is the exact same size as the Paranormal, something about it seems larger to me. Probably because the edges aren't rounded as much as the Paranormal. I will say this is my favorite of the bunch: Seems like it's a higher quality piece compared to some of their previous mods.

BillW50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2014
US
Umm... BNEAT... I have that leather case for the Centaurus and many other Lost Vape mods. And the leather case Lost Vape gives out if you purchase from them also fits the Therion like a glove. But the Paranormal is too big to fit inside of the case. If the Paranormal didn't have all of that round contours that stuck out, it would fit.

And I have two Centaurus with more on the way. And the Centaurus feels smaller than the Paranormals. Also it even feels more comfortable to me. At actually feels more like a Therion than anything else.

Last edited:

BNEAT

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 25, 2013
Louisville, Kentucky
Yeah, I get it, the Paranormal has some raised areas that are definitely wider than the Centaurus, but it still appears larger to me probably due to the top surface being one piece with relatively sharp edges. One thing that does surprise me is that my Centaurus is 34 grams lighter than my Paranormal. (some of that could be because of all the juice that's leaked into it over the years:blush:)

BillW50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2014
US
Yeah, I get it, the Paranormal has some raised areas that are definitely wider than the Centaurus, but it still appears larger to me probably due to the top surface being one piece with relatively sharp edges.

I heard others say that. But it doesn't seem anywhere sharp to me. But Lost Vape does sell leather cases for them at $15 each if they are too sharp for you. ;)

Centaurus Genunie Leather Case

One thing that does surprise me is that my Centaurus is 34 grams lighter than my Paranormal. (some of that could be because of all the juice that's leaked into it over the years:blush:)

Here one Paranormal (w/removable panels) weighs 206g and one Centaurus weighs 177g at a 29g difference without batteries. The Centaurus is made from SS while the Paranormal is made from zinc alloy. The battery door is so much easier to open on the Centaurus and the hinge is twice as strong too. ;)

EDIT: Ouch! Ok the top and bottom is a little sharp. :lol:

Last edited:

BillW50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2014
US
Oh hell yeah, I didn't realize they were selling the leather cases!!! I just ordered 2 of them...$18 for shipping is a bit much, but whatever

Yeah they started selling them last Wednesday. I thought I ordered 8 last Friday for free shipping, but I don't know if it went through. Do you see your order in accounts? Paypal charged my card but my CC hasn't processed it yet. Maybe LV waits until your CC pays it.

Yes $18 shipping sounds steep, but it is DHL shipping so it will come fast. Also $15 is very inexpensive for leather cases IMHO. I paid $50 and up for leather cases for my other mods. But these Lost Vape ones are a bit on the thin side, but that keeps them smaller too. ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: Tor R

BNEAT

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 25, 2013
Louisville, Kentucky
Everything looks in order to me. I received e-mails from PP and Lost vape confirming the transaction, and it's in my account history.

And yeah, I wasn't too upset about the shipping for that very reason: I'm getting two leather cases for less than 50 bucs, whats to be upset about? (now if they'll just show up before I fumble around and drop this thing!)

BillW50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2014
US
I emailed Lost Vape BNEAT, about my eight leather cases and they said my "order has been received, but the logistics status hasn't updated." I am not sure what that means except they have my order and will ship it out soon. :lol: And they responded in 6 minutes after I sent it. That was fast. :D

BNEAT

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 25, 2013
Louisville, Kentucky
I emailed Lost Vape BNEAT, about my eight leather cases and they said my "order has been received, but the logistics status hasn't updated." I am not sure what that means except they have my order and will ship it out soon. :lol: And they responded in 6 minutes after I sent it. That was fast. :D
Looks like my cases left Hong Kong via DHL about an hour ago. No delivery date yet.

BillW50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2014
US
Bonus: paid for 2, received 4...and this batch fits my Paranormal!

Oh gawd! I ordered 8 of them for free shipping. If I get 16 of them... :facepalm:

Mine made it to the closest DHL office which is 200 miles away from me. I don't know why they don't just then drop it off at the PO. But instead they hire some kid with a beater car to drive it all the way out here. I am sure he has more stops along the way, but I am still far from civilization and at least is driving dozens of miles out of his way to deliver it. :facepalm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread