New Making The Switch.. My Story So Far..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I first wanted to say how helpful this forum has been to me. The learning curve to switching over to vaping is kinda high. I have a problem that when I learn about something new that I need to learn EVERYTHING! I'm trying to keep it simple and learning what I need to know as I go.
I'm still in denial but I was a pack a smoker. I've been smoking since college. So it's been about 10+ yrs.

My best friend got turned on to vaping by a coworker and I thought it was stupid. I even laughed at her when her EGO battery died and she said GIVE A ME .......** CIGARETTE NOW. I thought she was going to cry.. I laughed at her :?:.

I heard her out and about 1 week later I decided to research and get my own kit (having a backup was a must). She took me to the Vape Shop and I got a basic EGO setup. Everyone said that I probably would be happy with something bigger but I was stubborn and wanted something light and small. I got 2 EGO's because I wanted a backup. I was still smoking, significantly less but there was something missing, I wasn't happy with the EGO. I went back to the Vape Shop and I got an Vision Spinner. It was so much better, lasted throughout the day and I had the two EGO's just in case.

I visited another Vape Shop and had a great chat with the owner and bought some extra tanks (I'm a flavor switcher), since it was a new store and I didn't bring my bestie, we went back together a few days later, she wanted a Vision Spinner. The store kept recommending the Telsa Sidewinder 2,000mah, I was stubborn and felt it was too big... We both decided to get (I can't remember but it was a step above the Vision Spinner) and we sat down to try some e liquid. I realized that I really liked the Telsa and it did what I felt was missing (consistent vapes, no burnt taste). So we both purchased one and I realized how silly I was being about not wanting something bigger. It feels great in my hand.

I'm putting no pressure on myself to stop smoking analogs. I crack under pressure. In 2 weeks I went from 20+ a day to 10, then 5, 3, 1. So far ZERO TODAY! I prefer to vape! For work breaks I measured time in analog ciggs I set the timer on my phone for 4mins 30secs, that's how long it took me to smoke an analog cigg. I tend to vape for longer sessions but timing for work breaks helps me manage my time.

My nicotine level is 18mg and I'm in no hurry to change it. I will step down slowly. It really helps having my best friend doing this too since we do everything together. We check with each other before buying e liquid so we don't have doubles since we trade and share. If we both really love one we will get a bigger bottle and split it.

Having support helps. My mom is so proud of me!!! I talk about my progress daily with her and she's so supportive. My father was not supportive. He said that what I'm doing was stupid and worse than smoking and that I need to learn how to research and went into a tizzy about higher nicotine and wouldn't hear me out. He claims to have done research but I don't think he did, I think he probably saw a news segment about e liquid. My feelings were hurt and I felt unsupported but I'm 30+, and I live 900 miles away sooo, it doesn't really matter.

Even my 8 month old puppy is supportive, lol he would make a face a cigarette smoke and go to the other side of the balcony. I never smoked indoors or blew in his face but he didn't like it. When I vape he sniffs and wags his tail. I'm sure the liquid smells yummy to dog nose. I think he misses all the outside trips and late night car rides to the gas station to by ciggs.

The owner of the Vape Lounge near me is so awesome, he loves dogs and I had my puppy in the car (I hate doing it and it wasn't hot it was evening time) and I told him that I wanted to chat but my puppy was in the car and upset (I saw through the window), he said BRING HIM INSIDE!! He had treats for him and I can bring him anytime. He played with him and everything. But who doesn't love a Maltese puppy!

So I don't know what my point is, but I wanted to share my story, well chapter 1 :vapor:

Welcome! It sounds like you're doing great, and have a good support system at home. That's half the battle! And you always count on your dog for support when you need it the most, LOL!

I'm the same way, I wanted to learn everything there was to learn immediately and jump right in. As a result, a blew a few things up, but that's how I learn. There is certainly a lot of information to be had and it's easy to be intimidated by it, but it's a whole 'nother world, this vaping thing. As long as you're enjoying it and phasing out the tobacco the way I see it you can't go wrong. And there's lots of time to learn, since you're now going to live much longer :)

You found the right place!

SVrider

ECF Veteran
Sep 17, 2014
Vermont, USA
Welcome fellow dog lover :) That was a nice read and its good to hear your story. I wouldnt worry to much about what your father had to say, especially if he was never a smoker. I been smoke free almost 7 weeks now after about 20-21 years a smoker and out of all the people that gave me crap for smoking only 1 has said anything supportive about me quitting, Just remember we do this to better ourselves. Good luck to you i know its not easy.

Lovebug6737

Verified Member
Sep 14, 2014
Delta, CO, USA
Congratulations!! Having support during this process is invaluable. I was hesitant to tell my parents too but after having a good discussion with my doctor about it (she was completely supportive of it and stated how proud she was of me) my parents changed their tune a whole lot. Wishing you much success on this venture!!

Welcome fellow dog lover :) That was a nice read and its good to hear your story. I wouldnt worry to much about what your father had to say, especially if he was never a smoker. I been smoke free almost 7 weeks now after about 20-21 years a smoker and out of all the people that gave me crap for smoking only 1 has said anything supportive about me quitting, Just remember we do this to better ourselves. Good luck to you i know its not easy.

He smoked before I was born. I don't know many details but my mom said he decided to quit one day and never smoked after that. He said that I should do the same, he understands it's hard. I'm a very anxious and habitual person. I've tried stopping, NIGHTMARE and tapering down, never lasts. I guess I'm not a lucky as him to just say no more and be done. I know I can do with without his support/blessing. I tend to be a people pleaser. Especially my parents, I'm an only child so I tend to over seek their approval. I have mom's approval and she's happy. I send her a text every morning with a cigarette emoiji. She was so excited to only see one this morning.

I'm a huge dog lover! Bentley is only 8 months old but he's my life and my rock. Since I don't have skin kids yet I'm also quitting so I can be around to watch him grow up. (He looks like a girl in my avi, I learned how to make doggie bows on July 4th and went a little overboard). I really do love that I can bring him to the Vape Lounge and that he's welcome there.

Welcome; looks like you've got the power side sorted out;

next the tank; if you're vaping on plastic have a look at glass tanks, especially if you're trying out different flavors. Some flavors react more strongly to plastics than others.

I love my glass/pyrex tanks so much better than the plastic ones. My main tank is a Kangertech Protank 2, I also have a Kangertech Mini Protank 3, I cracked a Kanger TS3 and one completely broke it gurgles and leaks (so the owner of the vape shop gave me the Kangertech Mini Protank 3). I've been experimenting :) The Mini Protank 3 is my favorite. I just don't care for the drip tip I like the curved tips better. I have 2 plastic iClear (I think that's the name, came with my EGO Starter kit), I use those to mix flavors to see if I like the mix I made some delish Watermelon Bubblegum!
I'm sure I have too much stuff but I like to full the big tank with my main E-Liquid and have 1 or 2 different ones in my case to switch. I think as my sense of taste/smell returns I wont tire of a flavor so quickly.

Welcome; looks like you've got the power side sorted out;

next the tank; if you're vaping on plastic have a look at glass tanks, especially if you're trying out different flavors. Some flavors react more strongly to plastics than others.

I love my glass/pyrex tanks so much better than the plastic ones. My main tank is a Kangertech Protank 2, I also have a Kangertech Mini Protank 3, I cracked a Kanger TS3 and one completely broke it gurgles and leaks (so the owner of the vape shop gave me the Kangertech Mini Protank 3). I've been experimenting :) The Mini Protank 3 is my favorite. I just don't care for the drip tip I like the curved tips better. I have 2 plastic iClear (I think that's the name, came with my EGO Starter kit), I use those to mix flavors to see if I like the mix I made some delish Watermelon Bubblegum!
I'm sure I have too much stuff but I like to full the big tank with my main E-Liquid and have 1 or 2 different ones in my case to switch. I think as my sense of taste/smell returns I wont tire of a flavor so quickly.

Bjd92

Sep 3, 2014
Ohio
You go girl! I was also a ppd smoker and quit altogether in just a few days with vaping. I read everything I can about anything vaping. I think most of it is trial & error and personal preference. I've been at it for 4 months now and have several tanks & batteries, even more so now that my husband has picked it up to quit rubbing snuff! I also am a bit of an ADD juice junkie with over 100 in my arsenal! I'm starting to settle down with a couple of favorites now and I've learned that the premium juices are worth the extra cash. All that being said...enjoy your journey!

Rat2chat2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2013
North Carolina
RA-YellowroseMouse207-welcome.gif
to ecf JustagirlTV. So glad you are here and what a lovely introduction. So nice to meet you. Congrats on the vaping. Isn't it just wonderful? Only thing that has ever helped me. I also did both for a while and had no idea I was going to quit smoking, The vaping just got to the point where it tasted so good. I just check my phone and it has been 520 days since I wanted my last cigarette. Gosh the time goes by so fast. I wish you continued success and I look forward to reading about your vaping adventure. Here's to chapter 2.
LaieA_023.gif

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago

Great! You're off to a good start and sound like you have some backups.
The other tanks to look at in terms of glass tanks like the protanks are the aspire nautilus tanks; there coil design is a bit more sophisticated, and they've come out with a new bvc (bottom vertical coil) coil using ceramic wick recently; no visible wicks when you put it in the tank.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread