New Member Advice on the RokStar and DID Repairable Atomizers

Status
Not open for further replies.

ukpolska

Jun 24, 2012
Otwock, Poland
Hey guys great forum and really useful for new vapors like myself.

I started with a RokStar 12 weeks ago and haven't had a single cigarette since, which is the first time in 35 years of smoking. I am breathing better and can smell and taste things better. I am really shocked at the change in the way I feel.
I have tried many times to quit over the years but it was a case of mood swings and the wife threatening divorce that sent me back to cigarette I have none of that now and still kept the wife. lol

I have tried to rebuild them, but every time I take off the cover cap I find that the porcelain cup that holds the wick is cracked, so for the incidental cost of them I have been buying them.

I have purchased two extra ones from here ecigwizard.com but it seems they are out of stock now.

So I was just wondering if anyone had some info on where to get budget atomizers for this as direct from RokStar they cost something like a tenner, which is double the price I was paying.

Also, I heard that newer atomizers have some type of silicon cup instead of the porcelain one has anyone else heard of these?

---------------------------------------

Right this is my next big step up in world of vaping.

I am going for the the DID repairable atomizer which should arrive either tomorrow or Monday and I have everything prepared for it, Lavatube Chrome purchased and a clear window purchased as well. I also have been watching every damn video known to man on this atomizer in preparation for the build.

Great tips on hot spots using a cigarette in the build and all sorts - but what raised my interest was one guy mentioned another type of wicking apart from the steel mesh for these Genesis type repairable atomizers and I was wondering if anyone knew of any other methods of doing this just satisfy my curiosity and my ongoing fascination with vaping.

Anyway, would be grateful for replies as this seems a great forum that people can glean info off each other. and thanks in anticipation :)

Colin

elfstone

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2012
OH
Hi, ukpolska, and welcome!

Your best bet is to get 5 non-spam posts and then be able to post in the more dedicated sections of the forum.

I don't know anything about the RokStar, but I think the DID is a very good choice. I am also waiting for my shipment from Greece!

Regarding the DID, here is the discussion thread: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/euro-suppliers/296166-new-genesis-type-atomizer-did.html

And about wicking materials, although I definitely think I prefer SS mesh over alternatives, here is a long thread on this very topic: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/modding-forum/284030-wick-materials-safe-vs-dangerous.html I followed it with a lot of interest and it has good info.

Good luck and happy vapes!

ukpolska

Jun 24, 2012
Otwock, Poland
Hi, ukpolska, and welcome!

Your best bet is to get 5 non-spam posts and then be able to post in the more dedicated sections of the forum.

Thanks for the welcome :)

Yeah I have been reading that thread with great interest and that's what made me purchase the DID and I have gleaned a lot of info off that thread and cannot wait to get started :)

And about wicking materials, although I definitely think I prefer SS mesh over alternatives, here is a long thread on this very topic: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/modding-forum/284030-wick-materials-safe-vs-dangerous.html I followed it with a lot of interest and it has good info.

Brilliant, and just what I wanted, thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread