Status
Not open for further replies.

Haktuspit

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Feb 13, 2013
    Denver, CO
    One happy vaper here! My first attempt didn't go this well, I bought an Encore starter kit and a bunch of pre-filled carts, and bought my Dad a setup as well. I dropped it after having issues with it irritating my impacted tooth (since pulled) and bothering my thyroid. I thought the thyroid thing was because of PG juice but it very well could be some of the chemicals they put in the Encore carts in China. Dad kicked it off like a champ and dropped a 40+ year 2 PAD habit. I was real proud of him and wanted to follow his footsteps but I was very worried about the thyroid condition at that point and didn't want to not sleep at night.

Fast forward 9 months and I need to get Dad something for Christmas (This past year). Dad's been smoke free for 8-9 months, and trying to convert everyone he knows that smokes to a vaper, and had luck with quite a few. I started telling him I was ordering a Blu Premium 100 pack and started asking what kind of flavors I should get so I knew what to get him, and I hadn't even clicked submit yet before he was about to go buy one so I had to tell him I was buying it for him. I bought one for myself as well and was hoping this time, with VG juice and no impacted tooth would be a lot more successful. He was rooting for me big time and had already set a real good example by just dropping analogs so fast.

The Blu came in, and immediately I loved it. Was down to 4-5 smokes from being a PAD plus for 14 years. I knew I was onto something, but also knew that I was going to need to be sure that I would never run out of supplies before I made the full transition. Dad really liked his 901 and carts setup he had and I remembered that I still had the 901 Encore batteries, so I bought some carts and some juice and waited anxiously for the mail to come in. I knew it was coming on Saturday and that Friday night I gave my 14 remaining cigarettes to my roommate to give to a friend of his and said I was done.

Package showed up Saturday, and that Friday night was the last analog I smoked. That was a month and 3 days ago!!! I tend to overdo things and this has been no exception. I've bought A LOT of stuff. Not to scare away any new vapers, because I could have done this for a lot cheaper, but I'm $800 deep in a matter of two months. I am STOCKED though. Carts.... everywhere. Juice... I could probably fill a 20 oz coke bottle. I have 14+ boxes of Blu carts kicking around, 4 Blu batteries, 5 901 batteries, and now 2 Ego Twists with 2 tanks. I was hesitant to spend the extra money on the Ego batteries because I was worried that it would take so long to match my cig spending (only $5 per pack here in Tahoe) but Dad told me "Dude you quit smoking, you're ALREADY ahead!" so I went for it.

Now I am one happy vaper, a month under my belt and getting nice huge hits on the Ego twist with my fancy new Kanger Evod tank. I know a lot of you will say I overspent, and a lot of you will say I shoulda went bigger at first, but I'm happy with everything I have. The Blu is probably the only thing I'll ever taking snowboarding with me, and living in Tahoe I go pretty often. It's just easy, charge while I'm riding, vapes when I'm on the chairlift. The 901 setup is my backup and also I don't think I'm going to want to take the Ego setup to walk the dog and stuff like that.

Stoked to be part of this nice little community you guys have here, what a great wealth of information!!!

steved5600

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 7, 2012
    Dallas, Texas
    Thank God I went with the ego twist for my first. I had a friend in a circle of friends and a good online vendor to recommend a clearo as well as the empty cartridge ego type atty. The cartridge type is now relegated to my emergency backups. Glad to see you found your magic mix of all the tech out there. Welcome to ECF.
    FYI I knew someone who lived in Truckee if it's the one I'm thinking about She commuted to Reno for one of her jobs at the County hospital I was working at.
    Since your new I will give you the usual list of things I give out to newbies not that your very new. Here is some stuff you my find useful.
    Oh first let me say that the only stupid question is the one you don't ask. That is our attitude here.
    View attachment wattscalcdhartv1.xlsx
    View attachment wattscalcdhartv1.pdf
    View attachment coils.pdf
    Above is a wattage calc chart in XL format with one sheet that will do more exact calc for you. The other is in PDF format and there is a PDF to explain dual coils and how they draw more current.]
    Here are some links to useful stuff.
    http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/new-members-forum/21069-ecf-abbreviations-101-a.html
    http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/tanks/219179-lets-make-list-juices-flavors-crack-tanks-ce2s-clearos.html
    http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/general-e-smoking-discussion/81600-definitive-intercompatibility-list-please-help.html
    Travel and E-Cig
    http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/experiments-equipment/10153-atomizer-cleaned-simple-cheap-effective-method.html

Hope some of this is useful to you.

Haktuspit

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Feb 13, 2013
    Denver, CO
    Thanks Steve! I'm an engineer so I love technical spreadsheets haha. I have a couple dual coils left that were supposed to be single coil and I'm going to try them soon on this Ego Twist. And thanks PKJ, I've been lurking for a few days and I love how you always take the time to welcome a new member.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread