The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

New Member, first time user

Discussion in 'New Members Forum' started by NikZak, May 28, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. NikZak

NikZak Super Member

May 28, 2014
    Melbourne, Australia
    Hey there folks, just received my first E-Cig in the mail. I've been a smoker for about 15 years, most recently been rolling my own cigarettes which frankly I enjoy more than the smoking itself. Decided for my first (without consulting anyone or doing any research) to go for an eGo-style device. The starter kit I purchased cost me a lot more than it should have (because I did very little research) but did come with 3 10mL vials of juice. Came with 2x of the CE4-style tanks and 2x 650mAh batteries.

10170855_10153105654715931_7079162475267751252_n.jpg

Just thought I'd also share what else I've purchased as well, that is since I did some actual research. I ordered a VAMO V5 (which seemed highly recommended for beginners and tinkerers alike, which I am both of) which comes with the charger and a couple of CE4 tanks and two of the 18350 batteries as well as a Kangertech Aerotank ProTank 3 with a couple of extra coils.

I think the second vape will last me a lot longer than the eGo but so far I'm enjoying my first few hours with the little vape.

Anyway folks, I love forums, plan to be pretty active here, have grand visions of building coils and playing with RBA's and aspire to one day have a Nemesis clone to play out my fantasies with. For now though, I'll leave you all to it

2. Deryan3

Deryan3 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 25, 2014
    Racine, WI
    Congrats NikZak, I'm fairly new to vaping as well and really enjoy it. I just upgraded to my Vamo v5 I'm sure you will enjoy it as much as I am..:vapor:

3. Daygo City Liquids
    This message by Daygo City Liquids has been removed from public view. Deleted by a moderator, Jul 1, 2014, Reason: Unregistered Supplier.
    May 28, 2014
  4. Sthur

Sthur Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 14, 2013
    Denver
    Welcome to the forums and sounds like you have a good start with the gear you picked up.

Happy Vaping!

5. Chaos9218

Chaos9218 Full Member

May 25, 2014
    California
    Welcome noobie here aswell

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Rat2chat2

Rat2chat2 ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 16, 2013
    Fantasy Island
    [​IMG] NikZak to ecf and vaping. Let me just tell ya this is an addiction. I have been vaping for a little over a year and have had so much fun mixing and rebuilding. I just love it and I think it sounds like you will too. Look forward to your posts. Good luck to you and happy vaping. :)

7. TheThor
    This message by TheThor has been removed from public view. Deleted by a moderator, Jun 5, 2014, Reason: unregistered supplier.
    May 28, 2014
  8. NikZak

NikZak Super Member

May 28, 2014
    Melbourne, Australia
    Thanks for the welcome folks. Well, it's been 24 hours roughly since I stopped rolling cigarettes and switched to my little vape. Haven't had any cravings for a cigarette yet, have emptied my little 1.2mL tank of tobacco flavored juice and replaced it with a Whiskey flavored one. Turns out I don't feel completely comfortable tasting whiskey at 6:30 in the morning for some reason :)

Still on the first battery though, can anyone give me any advice on when to charge? Will the light not turn on on the button when the battery is dead or should I put it on to charge before the battery is completely flat?

9. It will flash, a lot when it's time to charge

10. Saintscruiser

Saintscruiser Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Jul 24, 2010
    Mississippi
    Welcome to ECF! You have made the right choice of putting down tobacco. When a battery goes out, you'll know. I use a Joye 510 with extended battery. When it need charging, it blinks. I put it on the charger and put on a newly charged one. It's that simple! Now all of the other ones, I have no idea. I've been using the Joye 510 for almost 4 years. It works for me. Since I don't work, I keep 2-3 batteries charged for when I go someplace. If it turns into a longer trip, I take my charger. I even have an inverter that I plug my charger into in the car for going on long trips. Got it down to a science! :laugh:

11. NikZak

NikZak Super Member

May 28, 2014
    Melbourne, Australia
    I can't believe this, the first battery on my eGo is still going, it's been three days and I'm still getting good pulls out of the thing.

Is this normal for a 650mAh battery? is it possible they've somehow stuffed a 2000mAh battery in there?

12. NikZak

NikZak Super Member

May 28, 2014
    Melbourne, Australia
    Funnily enough, the battery died about 20 minutes after the last post, didn't take very long to charge either, so it's definitely a 650mAh battery.

No dramas, If I can get 2-3 days out of one battery at the level of vaping I'm doing at the moment, should be all good

13. captknots

captknots Senior Member ECF Veteran

Apr 29, 2014
    philadelphia pa
    Welcome to the worl of vaping, let me just say, being a fellow recovering cig-rolling addict, nothing compairs like building your own coil and wick, u can do this with your protank butbjust wait til u get a dripper, i have kanthol and cotton where my papers used to be, hope you find your replacement, good luck and happy vaping

Sent from my SCH-R740C using Tapatalk

14. Bodog

Bodog Senior Member ECF Veteran

Mar 27, 2014
    Utah
    And so the magic begins.

Welcome friend. Prepare one hell of a ride. Your pointed in the right direction dude. RBAs are where its at and the nemesis clone is a fantastic device. I must say I throughly enjoyed your post. Reminds me of when I first started. Got a nemesis clone right away. Had these same aspirations you had.
    Words of advice.
    I got the nemesis clone and it was pretty good and did its job for a few months. Researched and found, zenesis products by house of hybrids are the top shelf devices. Check them out, I wouldn't want you to waste money on mediocre stuff like I did when you can go straight for the gold.
    Best wishes friend.

15. Aarchik

Aarchik Full Member

May 27, 2014
    Mantsala, Finland
    Welcome!
    I am also new to this forum and so amazed how much info I can find reading this forum and it really helps me to choose new vaping products for my use.

16. NikZak

NikZak Super Member

May 28, 2014
    Melbourne, Australia
    I'm finding that the more and more I read on this forum, the more and more stuff I seem to be buying. I've purchased in the last 48 hours at least the following things: (these are just the things I can remember)

3x 10m spools of NiChrome 80 (30awg, 32awg & 35awg)
    1x 5m spool of NiChrome 28awg
    a few different ohm coils for the Clearomizers (Protank II 1.5ohm, Aerotank 1.5ohm and 2.0ohm)
    3x 5m spools of Silica wick (2.0mm, 2.5mm and 3.0mm)
    1x Kanger Protank II
    1x Kayfun 3.1ES RBA
    1x Tobh Atty V2 Dripping Atomizer
    1x ohm resistance tester

Seriously, the more I read about coils, wicks and building things, the more excited I get, this is dangerous stuff!
    Won't be long before I get myself a full Mech Mod but for now I'm going to hone my skills with the cheap dripper and the Kayfun working with 1.5-2.5ohm resistances to learn the basics of making coils and using them on the Vamo and what the differences between higher and lower resistances are to me in those types of devices before I shell out for a decent Mech mod

I've also ordered a couple of assorted bottles of juice as I have discovered that despite the fact I liked the tobacco juice initially, since vaping the Blueberry that came with my eGo and just today trying the tobacco again, I find I prefer the sweeter flavor of the berry flavor

Anyway, I'm off to play with my eGo as it's all I have for now until all the fun stuff arrives

17. Tina14

Tina14 Full Member

Welcome aboard! :) I believe you've made the best choice regarding the Vamo 5. It's cheap, reliable and very easy to use. You're gonna love it! Good luck! :)

18. crackpot

crackpot Full Member

Jun 1, 2014
    Pittsburgh, PA, USA
    My friend who introduced me to vaping had some good advice when I started. He said that a lot of folks load up on the tobacco flavors because they think that's what they need to quit analogs, but that any flavor you like will work. I like the fruit flavors as well and never missed the tobacco taste, and I rolled my own smokes for years.

19. Hammerfyst

Hammerfyst Senior Member ECF Veteran

Jun 1, 2014
    Ice Caps of Mars
    Wow..braver man then me. I started with Tsunami ego's and went to the MVP and a spinner II. tbh, the RBA thing is kinda intimidating to me...

20. NikZak

NikZak Super Member

May 28, 2014
    Melbourne, Australia
    Yeah, I've been finding that the tobacco taste isn't what I miss most, it's more the actual act of rolling a cigarette that I liked most about analog smoking.

21. NikZak

NikZak Super Member

May 28, 2014
    Melbourne, Australia
    Again, as per my previous comment, I really miss only the actual rolling of cigarettes. I like finessing things, finding the best way to do things and generally fiddling with things. The beauty of vaping for me is in the tinkering with things.

I really want to throw myself in the deep end with building coils etc. So I figured, what better way than a nice rebuildable dripper and tanked atomizer so I can both have a couple of rebuildables to play with and see what type I prefer. I figure if I'm going to be eventually rebuilding my own, why not just start straight away, the learning curve will be the same either way

22. believe58

believe58 Full Member

May 30, 2014
    Las Vegas, NV
    I think tinkering with things helped me too. I use a Kayfun 3.1 and enjoy it. Look at the Youtubes on rebuilding. It's not hard. Good luck and enjoy!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.