New Member, first time user

Status
Not open for further replies.

PersimmonNJ

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 6, 2009
New York, NY, USA
Hey, I got started on something even more basic, a small analog-sized battery with refillable cartridges. I upgraded to a Smokeless Image eGo style battery fairly quickly then even more quickly their spinner. Upgraded to an Innokin iTaste vv/vw a few months ago and just ordered a Smoktech Zmax Mini and an Aspire Nautilus to try alongside the iClear 30S tanks I really love. I still charge up the eGo-style batteries as backups now and then if I want to use a smaller tank/sample stuff without committing to a large tank-full. Always good to have backups :D

NikZak

May 28, 2014
Melbourne, Australia
Hey folks, my ProTank II arrived today and I have to say, it is so much better than the CE3's that came with my eGo! Although I'm sure most of you already knew this.

zl1CU3w.jpg

For me, it has better vapor production, even with the 2.5 ohm coil, has much better mouth feel with the metal tip and heavy weight of it and just looks amazing (to me) on the top of my eGo battery. I also ordered some different coils for it and they came as well. 5x 1.5 ohm and 5x 2.0 ohm, so they'll be fun to play with, also as soon as the one in it dies I'll be having a go at pulling it apart and rebuilding it

Only problem I've had so far is that I was silly and about halfway through my first tank of 16mg Blueberry, I decided to top it up and screwed it off and ended up with a puddle of juice in my lap... not impressed but realised I have to turn this baby upside down to refill and when disengaging it from the battery. Rookie error, nothing wrong with the device

Aside from that, got a couple of juices in the mail yesterday and made myself up a nice blend which saved me from wasting all the Tobacco flavored juice I bought which I discovered I don't like very much. It's 33% Tobacco 24mg, 33% Whiskey 24mg and 34% Flax 0mg (which by my calculations should give me a 16mg blend, please correct me if I'm wrong). It's not bad, a bit spicy from the tobacco but smooth from the flax and a bit naughty in the morning to have a touch of Whiskey there. I call it "Scotch and a Cigar" and it's not bad

NikZak

May 28, 2014
Melbourne, Australia
Hey there folks, just thought I'd check in with my newest acquisition, my Vamo V5 came in today :)

3d460rL.jpg

Unfortunately I don't have a US-AU power socket adapter here at work so I'm not going to use it quite yet

9SptvWU.jpg

I did fit the batteries it came with (18350 x2) just to power it up and see if it works and couldn't resist fitting the ProTank II off the eGo to it for a quick puff and found that 4.2v is seriously hot! Backed it off to 3.7v and it was quite nice (this was still with the stock 2.5ohm coil)

u2MZb54.jpg

I'm probably going to run this in single 18350 mode for the time being as I've only got the two 18mm batteries at the moment (have to order some Sony batteries in soon, is it VCT5? or should I just get some Panasonic IMR's?) and don't like the idea of having a piggyback battery setup

NikZak

May 28, 2014
Melbourne, Australia
Hey folks, just did my first coil! Very excited and pleased with myself

It's 28g NiChrome 80, 10 wraps around a 3mm drill bit. Mounted on an IGO-L on top of my Vamo V5.

Comes in at 1.6ohm which is spot on to what I was aiming for (special thanks the the Android app Vapers Toolbox for that) and I've wicked it with cotton

Anyway, I'm so pleased I took many photos as I was going, here's a selection of the best

yuQ71Yq.jpg

swVE46n.jpg

kVXEkhS.jpg

w6zHOQF.jpg

T1sp0IW.jpg

8QxLvEL.jpg

7HTPLBG.jpg

npm68Bg.jpg

Thanks for looking folks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread